Mlb 2023 (3 Viewers)

The Yankees have all but finalized a deal to aquire Soto from the Padres, this after getting Verdugo from the Red Sox yesterday.

And all this without them trading away any of their core young prospects in the minors.

Oh and they are also the reported front runners to land the Japanese pitcher everyone is yammering about.

Why don't they just sign Ohtani and get it over with?

They'll be the odds on favorites to win the WS now for sure.

Just like they were in 2010 through 2023..................how did those years work out?

Love how the press crowns these *******s as the champions every off season based on all the money they throw around.

Count me a someone who could give a rats *** if they do win it all; big ****ing deal when your payroll is over a quarter of a billion dollars.

The Yankees have all but finalized a deal to aquire Soto from the Padres, this after getting Verdugo from the Red Sox yesterday.

And all this without them trading away any of their core young prospects in the minors.

Oh and they are also the reported front runners to land the Japanese pitcher everyone is yammering about.

Why don't they just sign Ohtani and get it over with?

They'll be the odds on favorites to win the WS now for sure.

Just like they were in 2010 through 2023..................how did those years work out?

Love how the press crowns these *******s as the champions every off season based on all the money they throw around.

Count me a someone who could give a rats *** if they do win it all; big ****ing deal when your payroll is over a quarter of a billion dollars.

Soto is a rental. With their payroll they won’t him long term and they won’t be able to out bid Steve Cohen. I don’t their favorites for Yamamoto. I think the Mets are; Cohen flew to Japan to have dinner with him.

Neither they or the Mets are going after Ohtani because he doesn’t want to be in NY.

Soto is a rental. With their payroll they won’t him long term and they won’t be able to out bid Steve Cohen. I don’t their favorites for Yamamoto. I think the Mets are; Cohen flew to Japan to have dinner with him.

Neither they or the Mets are going after Ohtani because he doesn’t want to be in NY.

This is the Yankees we're talking about; you know part of the deal is they extend Soto, they aren't trading for him as a one year rental.

That said, I defer to you for all things Yankees/Mets as you live in the area and listen to all the rumors and such.

Deal is official.

The thing that amazes me is how teams piss down the leg when they make trades with the Yankees, the Padres got .30 cents on the dollar in return.

And with Verdugo gone, the Red Sox got Wong (mediocre starting catcher) and now three prospects from the Yankees for Betts, who finished second in the MVP voting this year.

What a shitshow, one of the worst trades in the history of baseball.

Nice to know Boston is now a small market, you learn something new every day.

Rumors are flying that it's Ohtani to the Blue Jays?

Really?

Gee, that's a long way from the West Coast........................:rolleyes2:

IF this is true (and a big IF), the Yankees got A LOT better and the Blue Jays got BETTER in the span of two days.

Funny; the LET'S GO O'S!! have one of best seasons since Christ was in a crib/the silent era, now those two teams just blew past them, don't forget the Rays, who always find a way.

Then throw in the WS Champion Rangers and the Astros, who keep reloading, that's a pretty stacked AL.

Hard for me to believe that Ohtani gave up warm LA with many Japanese fans for cold Toronto. It must be the money.
Mark

Hard for me to believe that Ohtani gave up warm LA with many Japanese fans for cold Toronto. It must be the money.
Mark

Nah, it's never about money.

Like when Roger Clemens bolted from the Red Sox due largely in part to he wanted to be closer to his Mother in Texas, so he signed with.........................

Toronto.

Nah, it's never about money.

Like when Roger Clemens bolted from the Red Sox due largely in part to he wanted to be closer to his Mother in Texas, so he signed with.........................

Toronto.

^&grin^&grin^&grin.
Mark

Reading that Vic Davalillo recently passed. Davalillo laid down the greatest bunt in history during the 1977 NLCS for the Dodgers against the Phillies. He and Manny Mota had second careers as pinch hitters.

Reading that Vic Davalillo recently passed. Davalillo laid down the greatest bunt in history during the 1977 NLCS for the Dodgers against the Phillies. He and Manny Mota had second careers as pinch hitters.

I expected you to crack wise about Ohtani; get on it, I could use a good laugh right about now, been a LONG week..................I'm slammed with orders, just NUTS...............and next week is "panic week" as Christmas is right around the corner, oh joy.

I expected you to crack wise about Ohtani; get on it, I could use a good laugh right about now, been a LONG week..................I'm slammed with orders, just NUTS...............and next week is "panic week" as Christmas is right around the corner, oh joy.

According to the LA Times:

"It’s a stressful time for a group of Japanese reporters whose lives could be upended if Shohei Ohtani signs with a team outside of Southern California."

Earlier today he was rumored to be going to the Blue Jays and reportedly was on a flight there. Those rumors turned out to be false. He then was supposed to make an announcement on Twitter at 7pm today, which has come and gone.

70 million a year for 10 years.

Or something like that.

Wow.

Have to give the Dodgers credit, they are all in every year, no penny pinching/worrying about restocking their minor league system/"Come visit our city and see our old timey relic of a ballpark" nonsense.

The Dodgers told the Yankees "Anything you can do, we can do better."

Now go get Yamamoto before those *******s do.

Last edited:
They're going to make a fortune off of advertising, jersey and ticket sales, every at bat will be a must see.

Worth every penny at the end of the day, the Red Sox would never have the balls to do this, they're too worried about peddling overpriced food, slapping more advertising banners around the ballpark and raising ticket prices once again, what a clownshow of an organization.

If Henry does not give a **** about winning, then sell the team already.

A good portion of the money is deferred so not a lot of money has to be put out by LA.

They're going to make a fortune off of advertising, jersey and ticket sales, every at bat will be a must see.

Worth every penny at the end of the day, the Red Sox would never have the balls to do this, they're too worried about peddling overpriced food, slapping more advertising banners around the ballpark and raising ticket prices once again, what a clownshow of an organization.

This was a must do deal for the Dodger in the wake of their recent playoff failures. The bill comes due, though, if they collapse again this year, but it's going to be fun. Like you say, the Dodgers ownership is going to end making money regardless of results on the field.

He was not interested in coming East. I don’t think he wanted the glare that comes from being here. He’s more comfortable with the bit more relaxed atmosphere in Southern California. The Mets owner said he never heard from his agent.

LA is the perfect place for Ohtani. Earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, flooding, Ohtani and his $700 million boondoggle...it's perfect. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back