My Kampfgruppe Peiper (BoB) Dio (1 Viewer)

GJB22

Corporal
Here is my recently finished diorama of Kampfgruppe Peiper at the Battle of the Bulge. I based it on the painting by David Pentland and the famous pictures taken at the Kaiserbaracke intersection. All pieces are KC except for Peiper and his Adjutant, which are CS. The base is a 36 x 23" piece of homasote, the road is modeling clay painted brown, and the hill is paper mache. Also the background is a piece of black foam board with a picture of the actual Ardennes forest glued to the bottom. The pine trees were made by Canyon Creek Scenics(www.canyoncreekscenics.com), and I must say they are the nicest trees I have found. Let me know if you have any questions, Enjoy!

kgpeiper2-kaiserbaracke.jpg

kgpeiper-davidpentland.jpg

IMGP0104.jpg

IMGP0072.jpg

IMGP0093.jpg

IMGP0097.jpg

IMGP0100.jpg

IMGP0113.jpg

IMGP0118.jpg

IMGP0135.jpg

Looks good. The scenery is very well done and it is a nice rendition of the Ardennes. -- Al

Love the diorama.
Dismayed by the big-*** swastika on the wall behind it.

great dio , congrats.
The original sign post is situated at a crossroad and the one in your dio is not up to the standard of the rest of the dio . The upper sign should read:
ORD DEPOT
FWD
This is a US sign which was immediately removed by the germans ( see pictures attached)scannen0001.jpg
guy

great dio , congrats.
The original sign post is situated at a crossroad and the one in your dio is not up to the standard of the rest of the dio . The upper sign should read:
ORD DEPOT
FWD
This is a US sign which was immediately removed by the germans ( see pictures attached)View attachment 48017
guy

Just for historical correctness: Kampfgruppe Peiper never passed through Kaiserbaracke.The 2 Germans on your picture are the SS Oberscharfürer Persin and the SS Unterscharfürer Ochsner.The SdKfz 250 you see in the background belongs to the comp under the command of Obersturmfürer Coblenz.They both belong to the Kampfgruppe Knittel of the SS Aufklärungs Abteilung 1 ( recon unit)
I just wanted to add this information
Guy:)

Guy...

Its a mistake even the historians have made every german officer with black hair and a leather coat has been peiper.
Mitch

Love the diorama.
Dismayed by the big-*** swastika on the wall behind it.

I apologize if I offend anyone...however, to anyone interested, it is a real Nazi flag from WW2 that I purchased about a year or so ago. Besides my soldiers, I also pick up a few pieces of real history from time to time.

I apologize if I offend anyone...however, to anyone interested, it is a real Nazi flag from WW2 that I purchased about a year or so ago. Besides my soldiers, I also pick up a few pieces of real history from time to time.

Fantastic Dio mate:eek:.....can't afford to collect the BoB period, so really enjoy it when some-one posts some pic's. Thanks for taking the time to share your stuff.....Cheers!!;):)

GJB22....

I don't think you have to or, should apologize for your flag. King and country UK has many on their walls and I bet nobody has negatively commented. It does not make you a nazi any more than having a russian flag would make you a communist.

If your a WWII memorabilia fan you will get stuff like this. I have a few flags liberated by my uncle in italy if I had enough wall space I would probably have them up.

Its all right to admire the tanks and troops of an SS unit but, not the flag???
Best wishes and look forward to more of your displays
Mitch

Very well done. Great coreograph of a story nicely told. The background makes the feeeling complete.

Carlos

wonderful dio with great background ! very, very :cool::eek::D
Please show as your other dio left handed from your BoB: it is Berlin 1938 or am I wrong ?
best
Hadrian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back