N.F.L. 21-22 Season (3 Viewers)

Shanahan has been in 3 Super Bowls where he lost but had the lead to Brady and Mahomes, two all-time greats who are also elite comeback artists. Yet Shanahan is considered a loser.

Meanwhile former Niners coach Jim Harbaugh lost to Flacco in the SuperBowl yet he is as a great NFL coach?

I'm not sure Jimbo is considered a great NFL coach. Most of his success has been in college football. A lot of great players and coaches have tainted legacies because they couldn't win championships. That is just the harsh reality of sports. It's about winning. Not coming in second.

I'm not sure Jimbo is considered a great NFL coach. Most of his success has been in college football. A lot of great players and coaches have tainted legacies because they couldn't win championships. That is just the harsh reality of sports. It's about winning. Not coming in second.

My bet is he will have a tough time winning it all in the NFL.

I think Harbaugh is a very good NFL coach. He turned the 49ers around with basically the same personnel as Singletary and he unlocked Alex Smith’s potential. Under him they went to the SB. It was his success at SF that led to his being hired at Michigan. He’s now coming to a team with a very good QB or should be. He will turn them around quickly. Whether they win a SB is impossible to predict.

The NFL salary cap is a joke and I say that knowing that the Niners are among the teams that manipulate it to their advantage.

Everyday there is a “headline” about a player that signed a contract that will have an impact on a roster for years.

A year later that team restructures that contract so that a they can sign players to new “headline” making contracts.

The NFL salary cap is a joke and I say that knowing that the Niners are among the teams that manipulate it to their advantage.

Everyday there is a “headline” about a player that signed a contract that will have an impact on a roster for years.

A year later that team restructures that contract so that a they can sign players to new “headline” making contracts.

The Patriots have been using the salary cap as an excuse for years; the truth is their owner is a cheapskate, he wants to "make the playoffs" but does not want to spend money to do so, wish in one hand and hope in the other.

Great story about when Pete Carroll became the coach, he was talking to Kraft about team meals, diet and nutrition, Kraft comes back with "We serve the players bologna sandwiches and chips for lunch during training camp, breakfast and dinner is on them."

Pete knew right then and there he was screwed.

The Patriots have been using the salary cap as an excuse for years; the truth is their owner is a cheapskate, he wants to "make the playoffs" but does not want to spend money to do so, wish in one hand and hope in the other.

Great story about when Pete Carroll became the coach, he was talking to Kraft about team meals, diet and nutrition, Kraft comes back with "We serve the players bologna sandwiches and chips for lunch during training camp, breakfast and dinner is on them."

Pete knew right then and there he was screwed.

To George’s point, the Patriots have over $100 mil in cap space, by far the most in the NFL.

I stay out of others teams civil wars but if I was a New England fan I’d be upset too.

The Russell Wilson experiment has come to a disastrous close in Denver. They signed him to a $250 million deal after trading five draft picks including two first round and two second picks AND other three players to get him. King Pete and the Seachickens must have laughed for weeks. Wilson was 11-19 in two years with Denver.

To George’s point, the Patriots have over $100 mil in cap space, by far the most in the NFL.

I stay out of others teams civil wars but if I was a New England fan I’d be upset too.

And they will spend a fraction of that with some BS excuse about "We can't spend up to the cap in order to have flexibility for 2025"...............

Right, the cap is crap, all these teams that are in cap Hell never end up being so.

The Patriots are next to last in ACTUAL spending the past four years.

Cheapskates.

Keep handing out those bologna sandwiches and those phony baloney excuses too.

And they will spend a fraction of that with some BS excuse about "We can't spend up to the cap in order to have flexibility for 2025"...............

Right, the cap is crap, all these teams that are in cap Hell never end up being so.

The Patriots are next to last in ACTUAL spending the past four years.

Cheapskates.

Keep handing out those bologna sandwiches and those phony baloney excuses too.

Reading that the Pats are trading Mac Jones for a 6th round pick. That is quite a fall from grace. I'm assuming that they intend to draft a QB. Surprised that they didn't make a pitch for Russell Wilson. The Broncos are stuck paying his $40 million salary. So not much risk in signing him for a year. I think Wilson is a good fit for the Steelers. He has clearly not the player of yore but an upgrade over their current situation. And the Steelers have the D to keep the games close.

Derek Henry to the Ravens, hopefully some tread left on the tires, but lose Patrick Queen to Steelers 🙄 hopefully he sucks without Roquon Smith beside him

Reading that the Pats are trading Mac Jones for a 6th round pick. That is quite a fall from grace. I'm assuming that they intend to draft a QB. Surprised that they didn't make a pitch for Russell Wilson. The Broncos are stuck paying his $40 million salary. So not much risk in signing him for a year. I think Wilson is a good fit for the Steelers. He has clearly not the player of yore but an upgrade over their current situation. And the Steelers have the D to keep the games close.

That entire first round QB class was a colossal bust; Lawrence is a good QB but is not great, the rest of those first round QB's have been a disaster............Fields, Lance, Wilson and Jones.

Just goes to show what a total crap shoot the NFL draft is.

That entire first round QB class was a colossal bust; Lawrence is a good QB but is not great, the rest of those first round QB's have been a disaster............Fields, Lance, Wilson and Jones.

Just goes to show what a total crap shoot the NFL draft is.

Great post.

Where is Mel Kiper Jr. now? When the Patriots drafted Jones he went on and on how lucky they were to get him in the 2021 because in 2022 he would have been the number one over-all pick.

He basically said that the first round of the 2021 draft was loaded with franchise quarterbacks.

The Chefs have presented a proposal to renovate that dump of a stadium they play in..........800 million dollars.....and they want the state to front 500 million dollars or else they are moving.

Pretty ballsy ask right there; but hey, when you win three Super Bowls, you can ask for ballsy things, nothing like holding an area hostage.

What exactly are the Steelers doing?

They grab Wilson, trade Pickett (he goes to the Eagles, which makes zero sense; he's never done well in PA.............;)...........), now they trade for Fields?

So they'll have two QB on expiring contracts?

That's quite a plan.

Jimmy G. to the Rams and Aaron Donald retires. Sounds like the Rams are holding open the possibility that Donald changes his mind this year or next. He is a great player but he has really dropped off over the last couple of seasons. It didn't help that he is double and triple teamed, and the refs never call holding on the O-line players lined up against him.

What exactly are the Steelers doing?

They grab Wilson, trade Pickett (he goes to the Eagles, which makes zero sense; he's never done well in PA.............;)...........), now they trade for Fields?

So they'll have two QB on expiring contracts?

That's quite a plan.

Well, I think it speaks volumes to the disgust with Pickett in the organization. Apparently he is quite the arrogant one. What I see is an experiment of a hopefully Wilson can make them competitive and a mentor to Fields. They are betting on Fields is not a bust and a new scene with better support will bring out his talents? I dunno, I think the best move they made was Patrick Queen LB from the Ravens. I also think that getting rid of Johnson (WR) was key

TD

Well, I think it speaks volumes to the disgust with Pickett in the organization. Apparently he is quite the arrogant one. What I see is an experiment of a hopefully Wilson can make them competitive and a mentor to Fields. They are betting on Fields is not a bust and a new scene with better support will bring out his talents? I dunno, I think the best move they made was Patrick Queen LB from the Ravens. I also think that getting rid of Johnson (WR) was key

TD

The issue to me is both of the guys they brought in are on one year deals; if Wilson plays great, then do you sign him to a huge extension?

If he does not, do you throw Fields out there; again, if he plays great, do they then extend him?

I get the disgust with Pickett; maybe just be quiet and go out and win the job and prove everyone wrong in bringing in Wilson, him being pissy about it is what caused them to ship him out of town and bring in Fields.

This all just proves that the NFL is a QB driven league and without a top of the market talent, you are truly screwed.

Just ask the Patriots; they just wasted 3 years on the Mac Jones experiment and have to start over now with yet another rookie QB.

All of this just makes that 20 year run they had something to fondly look back on and be appreciative for what they did.

As I told a friend of mine, there are no guarantees in sports, there is the possibility they will never get back to/win another Super Bowl in our lifetimes.

The Patriots and Steelers are both sitting with 6 Super Bowl wins; the way the Chefs are going (they have 4), they may soon be the team that gets to 7 before anyone else does.

The issue to me is both of the guys they brought in are on one year deals; if Wilson plays great, then do you sign him to a huge extension?

If he does not, do you throw Fields out there; again, if he plays great, do they then extend him?

I get the disgust with Pickett; maybe just be quiet and go out and win the job and prove everyone wrong in bringing in Wilson, him being pissy about it is what caused them to ship him out of town and bring in Fields.

This all just proves that the NFL is a QB driven league and without a top of the market talent, you are truly screwed.

Just ask the Patriots; they just wasted 3 years on the Mac Jones experiment and have to start over now with yet another rookie QB.

All of this just makes that 20 year run they had something to fondly look back on and be appreciative for what they did.

As I told a friend of mine, there are no guarantees in sports, there is the possibility they will never get back to/win another Super Bowl in our lifetimes.

The Patriots and Steelers are both sitting with 6 Super Bowl wins; the way the Chefs are going (they have 4), they may soon be the team that gets to 7 before anyone else does.

Agree, it proves the QB point. Patriot - Brady, Steelers - Bradshaw & Ben, Chiefs - Mahomes. Now, of course, the GOAT is Brady, no question. And while Bradshaw may not be a GOAT, he was THE GOAT for that 70s run. You look back and the QB position is the hinge and spark that makes it all work! Hence the reason teams make the large gambles. Kind of nuts in that it is a team sport at heart!
Tom

Jimmy G. is continuing the long tradition of Rams backup QBs never to see the field. He has already been suspended for two games. Last year they drafted Stetson Bennett in the fourth round just after his arrest with the out-of-control Georgia Bulldogs team and he disappeared faster than Amelia Earhart into rehab. He was in such bad shape the Rams won't even discuss his return.

The new ban on “hip drop” tackles is another step towards making the NFL flag football.

A hip drop tackle is just using your weight to complete the process of stopping another human, you can’t tackle someone from behind without dropping your weight. It is called physics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back