N.F.L. 21-22 Season (1 Viewer)

You have to give it to Andy Reid and Mahomes. They are winning SBs the right way and not like Belicheat and Shady with their **** SBs.

Right, the Chiefs win the right way, like continual rub routes/pick plays which are illegal, or more to the point, hold on every ****ing passing play so Kermit the Frog has time to throw......but hey, you can't call holding on every play, so why not.

Love the way they yell and scream at each other on the sideline, coaches yelling at players, Kelce almost knocking Reid over screaming at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
No dog in the hunt, just an opinion. I thought it was boring until overtime and I think it was a typical example of this entire season. Mediocrity. No matter how much talent on both teams on both sides of the ball, there was a lot of what I will call "Summer Scrimmage" level of play. Sure there were some flashes, but not much. I stand by my comments earlier this year - this season was not one of the better NFL products at all. IMO, too much of a lack of concentration on why they are on the field..............to play football. They are there to do a job and imo, on the whole, they get a C+.

As to the entertainers - Post Malone - I liked his version of America the Beautiful, Bud Light did too, they spent a crap ton to put him in their suite from what I understand. Reba - she did an excellent job on the hardest song in the world to sing live - The National Anthem. Usher - I think it is the worst gig in music, not many have put together a perfect halftime show. Part of it was wooden and stilted, part of it was excellent. Sometimes, I think they should pick 2 greatest hits and call it a day, the transitions were a little awkward on some songs. That said, he did better than most.

TD

Having had time to mull this over, Shanahan once again comes up small in the biggest game, zero halftime adjustments, they should have ran the ball more, where was Kittle last night, did he even play? Oh right, he did; they yanked him out of the game, then the back up commits a holding penalty that cost them 10 yards on that OT drive, which killed the momentum.

They lost one of their best players when he blew out his achilles running onto the field, unbelievable buzzards luck. How many fumbles did the Chiefs recover by the way, more buzzards luck for the 49ers.

Have to give Mahomes credit, the guy is a winner, had the go ahead TD drive, the drive to tie the game, the drive to win the game, converting 3rd downs and 4th downs like it was nothing, he has mediocre talent around him outside of his RB and TE, yet he keeps winning Super Bowls, imagine going through Buffalo, Baltimore and San Francisco, that's a Hell of a run.

Kelce slept walked through the first half, then was on fire in the second half, he's the one guy you have to stop and they couldn't, they were playing a soft shell defense, I don't get it, get up there and jam them at the LOS, too many easy 6, 7, 8 yard completions, they got shredded in the second half after shutting them out in the first half.

So now the Chiefs are the new dynasty in the NFL; great.

Get back to me when Mahomes wins 3 more Super Bowls.

Having had time to mull this over, Shanahan once again comes up small in the biggest game, zero halftime adjustments, they should have ran the ball more, where was Kittle last night, did he even play? Oh right, he did; they yanked him out of the game, then the back up commits a holding penalty that cost them 10 yards on that OT drive, which killed the momentum.

They lost one of their best players when he blew out his achilles running onto the field, unbelievable buzzards luck. How many fumbles did the Chiefs recover by the way, more buzzards luck for the 49ers.

Have to give Mahomes credit, the guy is a winner, had the go ahead TD drive, the drive to tie the game, the drive to win the game, converting 3rd downs and 4th downs like it was nothing, he has mediocre talent around him outside of his RB and TE, yet he keeps winning Super Bowls, imagine going through Buffalo, Baltimore and San Francisco, that's a Hell of a run.

Kelce slept walked through the first half, then was on fire in the second half, he's the one guy you have to stop and they couldn't, they were playing a soft shell defense, I don't get it, get up there and jam them at the LOS, too many easy 6, 7, 8 yard completions, they got shredded in the second half after shutting them out in the first half.

Not sure if you caught the announcers, they screwed up some stat saying Mahomes tied Montana for second for 3 Super Bowl rings.............................uh, correct me if I am wrong but Terry Bradshaw and a crap ton of Steelers have 4 each and the organization and the Patriots are tied for the most at 6 right? Brady has the most all time at 7 correct?

How hard is it to read/research simple stats.
TD

Give credit to the Chefs, one again Champions, going to be a long off Season hearing about the new Dynasty since the Patriot days..🙄 49ers pull a Ravens, why stop running the ball ???..but once again as the Raven game gifts aplenty for the Chefs, a fumbled punt, a missed extra point gives Chefs 8 point swing in a close game, unreal....well, off to the baseball thread.

Give credit to the Chefs, one again Champions, going to be a long off Season hearing about the new Dynasty since the Patriot days..🙄 49ers pull a Ravens, why stop running the ball ???..but once again as the Raven game gifts aplenty for the Chefs, a fumbled punt, a missed extra point gives Chefs 8 point swing in a close game, unreal....well, off to the baseball thread.

Your description it the perfect definition of coming up small in a big game.
TD

Your description it the perfect definition of coming up small in a big game.
TD

Agree 100% and a team like the 49'ers, Ravens can win all the games they want in the regular season, but until they can show up in the biggest games unfortunately the small tag will have to be worn until proven otherwise.

Not sure if you caught the announcers, they screwed up some stat saying Mahomes tied Montana for second for 3 Super Bowl rings.............................uh, correct me if I am wrong but Terry Bradshaw and a crap ton of Steelers have 4 each and the organization and the Patriots are tied for the most at 6 right? Brady has the most all time at 7 correct?

How hard is it to read/research simple stats.
TD

Yup, "Shady" Brady has the most rings for a player with 7, "Belicheat" has the most rings as a coach with 8.

It's amazing to me that the two of them are now out of the league yet they continue to live rent free in peoples heads, just astounding.

Getting back to the entertainment; Post Malone could use a few more tatoos, Reba could use more Botox; I've never seen someone sing without their face moving, that's quite a talent.

One of my friends wifes thorough the game "Wow, Reba/Glenn Close/J Lo look GREAT!!"

My girlfriend sitting next to me "LOL!!"

There are some great plastic surgeons in Hollyweird, credit where credit is due.

The commercials outside of "You have to forget something to remember something", specifically the ballbag who shows up to work minus his pants, were awful.

My biggest quibble is not running the ball on 3rd and 4 near the end of regulation. Had they made it, that would have been the game. Even if they gain only a couple of yards, it’s 4th and 2 or 1.

KC did a good job on Kittle, Ayiuk and Deebo. They were 8 for 20.

The 49ers were unlucky with the fumble on the first drive, Greenlaw’s injury and the botched punt. However, KC made mistakes too.

In the end it was those two 3rd and 4th that cost them the game.

The rep that Shanahan can’t win the big one will follow him until he does, if ever. However, this team will get better and they and the Chiefs are already picked to meet again. Please, no more Chiefs.

Last night was a tough night, that’s for sure.

That game was there for the taking and the 49ers couldn't close the deal.

Getting nothing out of the INT at the 44 was criminal, as was the way they managed the third quarter, CMC is a beast and he barely touched the ball in that quarter, the one weakness on the Chiefs is run defense and both the Ravens and the 49ers gave up on it early in the game and they lost.

They dominated the Chiefs defensively in the first half, then towards the end of the game, they go into that soft zone defense and that blockhead Kelce picked them apart, the longest TD drive for the Chiefs all game long short the final one was a whopping 16 yards.

Imagine they recovered 5 of the 6 fumbles; that team truly has a horseshoe up their ***, talented, yes, but very lucky too, quite a combination, they have arguably the third best QB in NFL history, I can easily see them winning 3 or 4 more Super Bowls; who in the AFC will challenge them, have to wonder if the Lions would have given them a better game.

Shanahan has a huge monkey on his back; as an OC and HC, he's now 0-3 in the SB when leading by 10 going into the 4th quarter, that's brutal.

And finally, they should have deferred at the start of OT, give the Chiefs the ball; if they get a FG, you know what you need to either tie the game or win it, you get to go for it on 4th down every time, which is a huge advantage, the story is coming out today the 49ers were not familiar with the new OT rules, that's coaching malpractice right there.

Again, the game was right there for them to take and they gave it right back to the Chiefs.

The Niners lost the Super Bowl.

I could go on and on about so many things but the fact is life goes on. I am sad that they lost but I am even happier that the hype and daily analysis is over.

The best commercial was Mr. Chow waking up from a cryogenic freeze to realize that Popeye’s now has wings.

I also liked the Bud Light genie commercial that showed how crazy people would get if they had those wishes (someone asks for a tyrannosaurus).

The need to crown " GOAT" seems to be cheapened almost every year..did Montana, Brady, Manning, Elway, Bradshaw etc.play in the NFL??? The discussions yesterday everywhere about Mahomes being the greatest of all time is baffling to me?? Give him his respect and 3 rings and he's only 28, but to put him ahead of Brady and Montana, others?? Yea, that's No vote for me...check back in 5 or 6 years and we can talk, but until then Brady/Montana still are the best QB's

Shanahan is what Reid used to be before he found success at KC. Maybe Kyle will get there someday. He probably has one more chance before he’s let go.

Shanahan is what Reid used to be before he found success at KC. Maybe Kyle will get there someday. He probably has one more chance before he’s let go.

What he "found" was a generational QB and he's got probably the best DC in the business.

The head coach gets all the credit when they win, all the negativity when they lose.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

He's good but he's far from a great coach, it's largely due to the talent on the field, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken droppings.

The need to crown " GOAT" seems to be cheapened almost every year..did Montana, Brady, Manning, Elway, Bradshaw etc.play in the NFL??? The discussions yesterday everywhere about Mahomes being the greatest of all time is baffling to me?? Give him his respect and 3 rings and he's only 28, but to put him ahead of Brady and Montana, others?? Yea, that's No vote for me...check back in 5 or 6 years and we can talk, but until then Brady/Montana still are the best QB's

Agreed- but to be fair, I don't ever recall Brady or Mahomes or these guys advertising themselves as the "GOAT"s- it's just hype to sell talk time and that sort of thing. Im not a Mahomes fan but I do respect his effort and determination. I always have to check myself whenever the GOAT discussions surface and remind myself- Patrick Mahomes didnt put that out there- some scrub at ESPN did.

The Niners have a great team and coach. The injury to Deebo was huge. No way was he healthy in the playoffs or SB. The biggest mistake Shanahan made this year was relying too much on McCaffrey. McCaffrey is an outstanding player but they became one dimensional. Kittle and others were non-factors. Maybe there is a lack of confidence in Purdy. I thought the Niners offense played much better with Jimmy Garoppolo or maybe he just played great against the Rams. Always tough to get to the SB and come up short. I think I read this is the second time the Niners were up ten in the second half only to lose to the Chiefs. That's a soul crusher.

Mahomes is not done yet like the others on that list. With his athleticism, they have a chance every year that he stays healthy and they even won last year when he was injured. He's a great talent on a team that is otherwise not as talented as the Niners and Ravens teams that they beat.

.......The biggest mistake Shanahan made this year was relying too much on McCaffrey. McCaffrey is an outstanding player but they became one dimensional.

I think CMC was dealing with CTE/ concussion issues during the SB run. He took a rough hit landing on his head and looked to contort his neck against the Pack or lions- I dunno- it was against somebody in the playoffs. Then in the SB I think it was the third quarter he got tackled out of bounds and came down on his back without any brace and you could see his head recoil off the turf. Hope this Shannahan doesnt do to CMC like his pops did to RGIII

Shanahan has been in 3 Super Bowls where he lost but had the lead to Brady and Mahomes, two all-time greats who are also elite comeback artists. Yet Shanahan is considered a loser.

Meanwhile former Niners coach Jim Harbaugh lost to Flacco in the SuperBowl yet he is as a great NFL coach?

Great to see many top college prospects refusing to take part in the NFL combine drills, instead only doing interviews with prospective teams.

That is how potential new jobs come to be for college “graduates”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back