N.F.L. 21-22 Season (1 Viewer)

49ers laying an egg. Never thought I’d see two number one seeds go out like this. Thought we’d be having a SF Ravens SB. Guess not.

That was quite a comeback, somewhat aided by Campbell’s decision but he’s a risk taker and sometimes it comes back to bite you.

Dan Campbell has lived and died by going for it on 4th down all year long. Unfortunately the playoffs are a bit different then the regular season. For sure he should have kicked the field goals. Lions won that game and the only thing that stopped the Lions was the Lions 😔 The comment that Dan Campbell needs to be fired is absurd. The Lions have not been to the playoffs in 30 plus years and you wanna fire the guy who took you to the NFC championship, lol. Hoping next year it will be the SB. It is a young team with alot of cap space. Watch out for the Lions next year.

Dan Campbell has lived and died by going for it on 4th down all year long. Unfortunately the playoffs are a bit different then the regular season. For sure he should have kicked the field goals. Lions won that game and the only thing that stopped the Lions was the Lions 😔 The comment that Dan Campbell needs to be fired is absurd. The Lions have not been to the playoffs in 30 plus years and you wanna fire the guy who took you to the NFC championship, lol. Hoping next year it will be the SB. It is a young team with alot of cap space. Watch out for the Lions next year.
Well, the Lions impressed me. I waited all year for their bubble to burst and it never did. They gave the 49ers everything they could handle and should have won. Congratulations to Detroit, nothing but a great year, with no down side. -- Al

The Lions game - yes they gave the 49ers all they could handle, but one thing - the 49ers offense and Purdy made plays when it mattered. Yes the Lions coaching decisions enabled the comeback, but the 49ers made the plays. I give them credit for that. As to the Lions coach - I hope this was a good learning experience. When you make a bad decision playing the arguably best team in the conference, sometimes all they need is that little spark.
TD

Two competitive games, as a fan with no dogs in either fight, that's all I can ask for.

Ravens gonna Raven, FIVE 15 yard personal foul penalties, taunting, head butts, cheap shots, on and on it goes, the taunting penalty killed that one drive, the same player fumbles on the one foot line, no TD, Lamar comes up small.

Again.

Lions; Mother of God.

Blow a 17 point lead, then as Tom said, going for it TWICE on fourth down, Christ, just take the field goals, that river boat gambler crap cost the team a trip to the Super Bowl.

Man do I feel for Lions fans, that one is going to hurt.

For a long time.

"Small game" Lamar - check. Held to ten points when the Ravens D dominated the game. I don't think KC even scored in the second half and it still wasn't close.

"Dirty" Dan Campbell - check. That motormouth has talked all year about how tough he and his team are. Is that the same team with Soft Goff at QB? I'm no fan of the Niners but glad to see Dirty Dan take one for history with that choke. He ran the ball on 3rd and goal from the two knowing that if they didn't score he has to use a TO. Which meant the game is over. You throw on 3rd and, if necessary, run on 4th. Everything possible went wrong for the Lions in that second half.

Anyone catch Verducci's gaffe in the third quarter when they were showing the trip down memory lane and showing highlights of the 1983 matchup between the Lions and 49ers.

"The last time these two teams met in the playoffs was 1983. Bill Walsh was the coach of the Niners, there's Joe Montana and Dwight Clark. There's Barry Sanders running the ball."

Barry Sanders was a 15 year old High School Sophomore in 1983. He was drafted in the first round in 89

Not every black guy wearing a #20 jersey on the Lions is Barry Sanders. That was the epic Billy Sims.

No one called them out on that- figure some of these die hard "GRIT" Lions fans would have raised a fuss- rightfully so.

After a over night soke on the Ravens game, it's hard to unravel this one...3 turnovers, 5 personal fouls and nearly 100 yards of penalty yards, Ravens easily the number 1 rush offense in the NFL attempts a season low 11 attempts (***)..Lamar was hesitant when running, one time he had a opened field and basically slowed down to allow a defender to tackle him, the over throws on short passes, over throws on deep passes, the happy feet in the pocket was all to real, and after the 3nd drive I knew the Ravens were in trouble offensively...Defense played well after 1 quarter, but the personal fouls that gave Chefs 30 yards before half time cost 3 points in a close game...lots to chew on this off season, 2 more weeks of Swifty and family, Chefs commercials round the clock, I think the 49'ers can win if they don't play like the Ravens, being don't turn the ball over, play smart, play to strengths, but Purdy will be under serious pressure as this being the Superbowl, Patty knows the ropes and it's cake for him...hoping for a 49'ers win but not betting on it ⁴

After a over night soke on the Ravens game, it's hard to unravel this one...3 turnovers, 5 personal fouls and nearly 100 yards of penalty yards, Ravens easily the number 1 rush offense in the NFL attempts a season low 11 attempts (***)..Lamar was hesitant when running, one time he had a opened field and basically slowed down to allow a defender to tackle him, the over throws on short passes, over throws on deep passes, the happy feet in the pocket was all to real, and after the 3nd drive I knew the Ravens were in trouble offensively...Defense played well after 1 quarter, but the personal fouls that gave Chefs 30 yards before half time cost 3 points in a close game...lots to chew on this off season, 2 more weeks of Swifty and family, Chefs commercials round the clock, I think the 49'ers can win if they don't play like the Ravens, being don't turn the ball over, play smart, play to strengths, but Purdy will be under serious pressure as this being the Superbowl, Patty knows the ropes and it's cake for him...hoping for a 49'ers win but not betting on it ⁴

KC did the obvious thing. They made Lamar stay in the pocket and beat them with his arm instead of letting him run wild. When that happens, he is a very average QB. The Chiefs DC outcoached them. The Chiefs didn't even score in the second half. A very winnable game for the Ravens given how their defense played.

Despite not taking two field goals, the key to the game was the fumble; the only way the 49er's were coming all the way back was to get a turnover.

Just like when the Patriots were down 28-3 to the Falcons, they needed to score numerous times, shut down the Falcons but more importantly, force a turnover; when Hightower strip sacked Ryan, it was just what they needed.

Haven't been impressed with the 49er's defense in either playoff game, they are giving up huge chunk plays/runs, Mahomes will shred that defense if they don't their heads and ***** wired together for the Super Bowl.

Despite not taking two field goals, the key to the game was the fumble; the only way the 49er's were coming all the way back was to get a turnover.

Just like when the Patriots were down 28-3 to the Falcons, they needed to score numerous times, shut down the Falcons but more importantly, force a turnover; when Hightower strip sacked Ryan, it was just what they needed.

Haven't been impressed with the 49er's defense in either playoff game, they are giving up huge chunk plays/runs, Mahomes will shred that defense if they don't their heads and ***** wired together for the Super Bowl.

This defense hasn’t been the same since Wilks took over; it’s not as good as Salah’s or Ryan’s defense. I only hope Shanahan shows him the door at the end of the season. If they’re not strong off the bat on February 11, they’re going to lose. They’re not good against the run and Pacheco will slice them up if they aren’t. Getting behind won’t work against the Chiefs.

I have been a 49ers fan all of my life.

Although I was very young when they won their early Championships, I can still say that I have the least amount of confidence in this Super Bowl team compared to the other Niner teams that have been to the big game.

They struggled at home in 2 playoff games against barely above average opponents.

Meanwhile the Chiefs went on the road and beat 2 really good teams.

I have been a 49ers fan all of my life.

Although I was very young when they won their early Championships, I can still say that I have the least amount of confidence in this Super Bowl team compared to the other Niner teams that have been to the big game.

They struggled at home in 2 playoff games against barely above average opponents.

Meanwhile the Chiefs went on the road and beat 2 really good teams.

It means nothing. The Niners won both games. They weren’t pretty but they got it done. There are no points awarded for style in the NFL. This week the focus is going to be on the Chiefs and Taylor Swift. I don’t the Niners mind that.

If the 49ers get off to a good start they’ll win the game. If they have a start like they did against Detroit it will be difficult. I don’t see three bad starts in a row.

And, please, no negative waves.

It means nothing. The Niners won both games. They weren’t pretty but they got it done. There are no points awarded for style in the NFL. This week the focus is going to be on the Chiefs and Taylor Swift. I don’t the Niners mind that.

If the 49ers get off to a good start they’ll win the game. If they have a start like they did against Detroit it will be difficult. I don’t see three bad starts in a row.

And, please, no negative waves.

Brad:

I love the negative waves line and I hope I am wrong.

The problem is the Chiefs are much better than the Packers or the Lions. If the Niners play ugly in this game they will lose.

-Jason

Brad:

I love the negative waves line and I hope I am wrong.

The problem is the Chiefs are much better than the Packers or the Lions. If the Niners play ugly in this game they will lose.

-Jason

Jason, any team that generally plays ugly loses. In the past two games they managed to combine more “beauty than the beast.”

This is a tough game to predict. The Niners are the better team but not playing well. The Chiefs are the lesser team but playing very well. The Chiefs also have that swagger of a champion. Deebo has been a nonfactor in the playoffs. If he is healthy, that would be a huge advantage. The Niner offense is milk toast with McCaffrey as the main guy. So I'm going:

Chiefs 31
Niners 27

The reasons the 49ers will win:

• This is SB 58. Five and 8 are 13
  • It’s being played on February 11. 2 and 11 are 13.
  • Purdy’s number is 13
  • 49ers are playing. 4 and 9 are 13.
  • Jerry Garcia will make sure for 49ers win. No serious deadhead can root for the Chiefs.

The reasons the 49ers will win:

• This is SB 58. Five and 8 are 13
  • It’s being played on February 11. 2 and 11 are 13.
  • Purdy’s number is 13
  • 49ers are playing. 4 and 9 are 13.
  • Jerry Garcia will make sure for 49ers win. No serious deadhead can root for the Chiefs.

Or maybe not. Another Niners choke job.

You have to give it to Andy Reid and Mahomes. They are winning SBs the right way and not like Belicheat and Shady with their **** SBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back