New Conte Zulus (1 Viewer)

Playing with the Old until The New come alog......The Lt.

P2009.jpg

012.jpg

p4002.jpg

Lt.
Stunning, simply stunning...!!!
I look forward to the new coming along - although there's nothing whatsoever wrong with the old.

Regards
H

Quite a scene, can't image what it must have been like!:eek:

Njja

Can you imagine facing that screaming hoard with a single shot rifle!:eek:

Oh yes, I forgot about the bayonete........how many rounds a minute

was that good for again!:eek:

Njja

Maybe they could have used the new Sig556!

Njja

Attachments

• sig556-.jpg
    sig556-.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 79
Not hardly......just became available here, ban expired!:D

Njja

Haaaaaa who knows? The ban lifed for:

1. Collapsable stocks.
2. 30 Round Magazines
3. 20" Barrels

Its great! I have a concealed weapons permit, and used to be a FFL Dealer

so I was in good shape when the ban went into effect.

About a month ago while out with the wife I breezed into my local gun shop

to pick up some silicone cloths. While there the fellow next to me was

buying a brand new Sig 556. I'm waiting my turn and quietly listening.

When its my turn I hear myself saying "Ah....I'll take these two Silicone

cloths and do you have another Sig in the box"? Clerk "Yes" Me ....."Ok,

and how about an EOTech Holographic Site"

They threw in the silicone cloths....with a concealed permit here in Georgia

there is no waiting period. They just make a copy of your permit, and out

you go!

Comment from Wife.........."Now What Did You Buy":eek::eek:

Njja

Attachments

• 556.jpg
    556.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 71
Njja where were you when they needed you infamous fire arm these guys sure could have used the firepower..........The Lt.

p4003-1.jpg

Lt:

What courage, I can't imagine standing fast while 4,000 "Excited" folks bear

down on you. I am experienced with modern weapons, and stealth is usually

a preferable method of combat.

What do you do in their situation.......think yourself invisible:eek:

Your wonderful dioramas do bring the situation back and allow us to marvel

at the courage displayed by the participants in this battle.

Njja

When faced with 4000 screaming excited folks with sharp spears you crank the pucker factor up to 12.5 and fall in behind the big guy.......................

Lt:

What courage, I can't imagine standing fast while 4,000 "Excited" folks bear

down on you. I am experienced with modern weapons, and stealth is usually

a preferable method of combat.

What do you do in their situation.......think yourself invisible:eek:

Njja

njja

You raise an interesting theme which has always fascinated me re: British/US Armies fighting Native armies who used unorthodox tactics.

Armies fought their campaigns on the basis of lessons learned from the previous ones. The British Army's tactics of 1879 were based on primarily Waterloo all the way through to the Crimea and sending observers to other wars that the Brits were not party to such as the US Civil War. The Brits tactics of disciplined fire-power under order had always worked for them but most of their opponents had used the very same tactics.

But the Zulu and on your side of the pond in the case of the US Army against the Plains Indians neither conformed to the book of tactics, these native armies did not learn lessons in the formal classroom sense, they appeared more astute, more observant and more flexible than their "high-tech" army counterparts. They used decoys, camouflage, concealment, they exploited the tactical advantages such as exposed ridgelines and terrain. Zulu & Indian expertise drew on collective practical experience, which formed part of their extensive training from boy-hood to mature warrior. Nothing was missed.
But the Brits/US Army experience required formal drilling and training that did not lend itself well in vast open spaces searching for an indigenous people and we now know it's application against the Zulu in 1879 and the Sioux in 1876 appeared to be completely irrelevant. And the actions of Chelmsford and the inexperienced Pulleine are indicative of the above doctrine within the British Army that these Zulu would be unable to match the British disciplined fire-power. Very much like Custer at the Little Big Horn who had been indoctrinated with similar tactics during the Civil War.

Now imagine being one of those red-coated Brits as shown in Joe's outstanding dio pics- courageous no doubt but their must have been some incredulity amongst them as manouvering to counter the mass of Zulu coming at them from every direction would inevitably reduce the battalions fire-power. They were staring defeat in the face, everything they had been told by their Officers and NCO's about the enemy was being completely contradicted by events going on around them and their endless drill of forming a battle line to pour fire into the foe was having absolutely no effect on this mass of black chanting warriors in front, beside and eventually behind them. Hard to imagine their final thoughts of "this just should not be happening Sergeant Baines said we would walk all over them" as their bodies were lacerated and wripped apart by a dozen assegais and their skulls cracked open by knobkerries. Scary or what!

Reb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back