New Conte Zulus (2 Viewers)

If someone doesn't ruin the collectibility of some of the sets, the others aren't AS collectible.

The Hinchcliffe Zulu War figures are really nice figures. I recall a diorama that someone did of Isandlawana, of the famous painting of the 24th Foot about to be overrun. The guy used a couple of hundred or more figures and the thing was just beautifully done. You could just stare at the thing for hours. It was a photo article in a British modelling magazine from back in the late 70s and the Hinchcliffe figures were brand new, at the time. Maybe someone here knows of it and can link to photos on the web?

I remember that! It was "Military Modelling" that ran that series of articles.

Jeff

When did they stop selling those Hincliffe figures, I remember buying them in the 70's?

When did they stop selling those Hincliffe figures, I remember buying them in the 70's?

Skytrex Ltd of the UK up until late last year featured the Hinchliffe Zulu Series in kit form. It seems that they discontinued the series about the same time ANI decided to close shop for he featured the figures in his Zulu War Series. The Hobby Bunker carried the same figures made by Monarch Figures USA and during my last visit had 4 or 5 remaining sets which I'm sure are gone by now. It's my understanding from Matt that Monarch at the time was not filling orders due to illness. The quality of the figures from Monarch in the final stages could not compete with Sytrex and it's sad that the figures are no longer availabe from Skytrex. I notice on e-bay that both the 24th Ft and Zulus are being offered in kit form Canada the Zulus kits seem the same but the 24th Ft do not feature their bayonets. They being sold as kits as stated and painted I'll pass on the source after my next visit to e-bay.....The Lt.

Maybe I better call Matt and see if those molds are for sale.

Maybe I better call Matt and see if those molds are for sale.

Fub The figures Matt had were Castings from Kits and not molds. The figures I mentioned that are being offered on eBay are sold by BfLEDGER TOY SOLDIERS on his eBay Store. He's got them listed to view both at the top and the lower sections of what's he's got for sale......Joe

Metal and Plastics do mix nicely....The Lt.

Isandlwana043.jpg

Nice work Cpt. Lt ! You are a font of information. BTW thank you for the link for those pictures.

Ed when did you collect metal? I thought you said you were into plastics? I am so confused:confused:

I collected metal in the 70's. Know anyone that wants about 500 or so 25mm Napoleonic Minfigs? I had some Minimen, Hincliffe, and of course tons of Minifigs, also had some Buge and Guidon, maybe 35mm or so. Sold most of it with the noted exception being the Minifigs, even have some LOTR Minifigs in 25mm. I then quit collecting for many years and when I started up again I switched to plastic.

I collected metal in the 70's. Know anyone that wants about 500 or so 25mm Napoleonic Minfigs? I had some Minimen, Hincliffe, and of course tons of Minifigs, also had some Buge and Guidon, maybe 35mm or so. Sold most of it with the noted exception being the Minifigs, even have some LOTR Minifigs in 25mm. I then quit collecting for many years and when I started up again I switched to plastic.

And then dallying again with metal again. Incidentally, how much for the Nappys?

Good question, many of them have never been out of the plastic bags they came in, there's infantry, cannon, artillery crews and some cavalry, without counting I'd say between 4 & 5 hundred of them, make me an offer. I know it's a bit far off, but I can bring them to OTSN for your review. I'll also be going to the Indy show and maybe Gettysburg.

I counted 507, that's counting a cannon as one person, there are also some defensive pieces and a congreve rocket.

Stop it! You are having way too much fun!

Funny all that shooting and no one is dying??

LT. Yes, the new stuf is looking REALLY good.In particular I like the Britains sets as there are enough good poses , duplicate sets for a squad or 2 of British. All the vingnette from both Conte and Britians are worthy .Even the gloss .I'm not a gloss collector at all but I see some rebasing, terraining and a shot of Matte finish instore for some of those.I can hear gloss collectors squeeling !
Too bad none will be available by January22.
I hope to have the lair reasonably done by then, and Rourkes drift will be a good display to break in the place.Maybe I'll finish a few of those Hinchcliffe Zulus gathering dust before hand.I have some display cabinets to build { 18 feet worth, dont know how tall I want to make them yet.}but those can wait for a while.I'll post pix under toy soldier discussion soon.
I was looking for a long time for the conte Kieth rocco sets. No luck. Even at OTSN.
FUB

FUB, looking forward to your photos and thought you'd enjoy the attached photos of Keith Rocco's Rorke's Drift......The Lt.

pic000-11.jpg

pic006-4.jpg

Just love that set!

Yes, I'd take one if I could find one, bayonets on wrong side of rifles or not!

LT , ask and ye shall recieve.

Mancave is complete , just need 30' of display cabinets.
Could not be restrained once I moved my tables in.Round one of Rorkes drift fought out Saturday nite.200 ZULU's and 110 British. Zulu's get 3 waves { casualties recycled into fresh units} of figures. If the 24th can hold all 3 waves, it's a victory.

Managed to get a few shots in, not the best, I had a beer in one hand.Having too much fun to get serious about photography.:D
Round 2 Tomorrow nite.

FUBAR

Attachments

• zulu1.jpg
    zulu1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 112
  • zulu2.jpg
    zulu2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 107
  • zulu3.jpg
    zulu3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 110