New Forum Look (3 Viewers)

Hi, Rich, here's another box with the default contrast of black text color on the dark background:

View attachment 339809

It caught my eye because of the label "Security measure". It's just a direct link to a vendor, from this thread:

It could use better contrast.

Full disclosure: I am not reporting a post or a comment in a post, neither do I think the author of that comment did anything wrong. He innocently added a comment to a thread. This post is simply to report how the forum user interface behaves, so support can take a look at it.

Prost!
Brad
Can you check now or send me a link to where this is? Thanks

Ah, OK! I just realized where I've seen this user interface and format before. The Scale Model Addict forum, https://www.scalemodeladdict.com/, is built with XenForo, too. I knew one of the other forums I visit used the same platform, but I couldn't remember which one.

Prost!
Brad
Yes, it is the most popular and probably the very best forum system available.

I am focusing on fixing these colors guys. Some are settings and some are CSS so it takes me awhile. Thanks for your patience.

Hi, Rich, here's another box with the default contrast of black text color on the dark background:

View attachment 339809

It caught my eye because of the label "Security measure". It's just a direct link to a vendor, from this thread:

It could use better contrast.

Full disclosure: I am not reporting a post or a comment in a post, neither do I think the author of that comment did anything wrong. He innocently added a comment to a thread. This post is simply to report how the forum user interface behaves, so support can take a look at it.

Prost!
Brad
I am very close to fixing this but I do not know where this security measure block is. Can you please link me to it?

OK, I think I have addressed almost everything except for that security measure notification. I cannot fix that until I can see the link because I need to see the CSS so I can change it. Please test and let me know. Feel free to let me know exactly what colors should be shown if I have them wrong, too. That would help.

Thanks

OK, I think I have addressed almost everything except for that security measure notification. I cannot fix that until I can see the link because I need to see the CSS so I can change it. Please test and let me know. Feel free to let me know exactly what colors should be shown if I have them wrong, too. That would help.

Thanks
Hi, Rich! The link to the thread that contains it is in my post, but here is the URL to the thread, copied from the browser address bar:

The post that contains the "security measure" link and label is #15.

Calling up that page/thread/post now, I can see that the format is changed, with a lighter background and black text:

1720439443752.png

I guess the security measure warning is triggered by the foreign eBay domain? That's eBay/Ireland.

Anyway, the immediate issue is resolved; if you've been making updates to the style sheet, I bet this particular message box is covered by one of the ones you updated.

This is why I moved from support to QA! :D

Prost!
Brad

Do not want to forget to praise the "new" way to load up pictures with the messages.
Very easy and trouble free,- much better than it used to be before. Like it a lot.
Thank you very much
Kind regards
Wolfgang

Do not want to forget to praise the "new" way to load up pictures with the messages.
Very easy and trouble free,- much better than it used to be before. Like it a lot.
Thank you very much
Kind regards
Wolfgang
I’m so glad to hear that! Thanks!

Thanks Julie and Rich, the new photos setup is a huge improvement, I can now post photos again straight from my Cell/Mobile phone after many years in the no pics wilderness.

One issue to me is the editing time-out is now only 3 Minutes. Can we increase the edit time to at least 15 minutes, takes us older folk longer to check grammar, add comments to photos etc.

Here's a forum tip for those that want to check out the complete list of New Posts if not much comes up:

Click on New Posts tab as usual, then go across and click on Latest activity which will bring up every recent post even if you've checked Forums Read previously.

Thanks Julie and Rich, the new photos setup is a huge improvement, I can now post photos again straight from my Cell/Mobile phone after many years in the no pics wilderness.

One issue to me is the editing time-out is now only 3 Minutes. Can we increase the edit time to at least 15 minutes, takes us older folk longer to check grammar, add comments to photos etc.
That’s very easy to do but it’s up to Julie. If she says it’s ok I’ll do it. @Julie

I had mentioned that you could edit your posts without time restrictions. However, now it’s swung the complete other way where edits have to be made within five minutes or less of the post. Prior to the upgrade it was 30 minutes, which is a reasonable amount of time. It needs to go back to that time period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back