New K&C Products at the West Coaster (1 Viewer)

I cant believe it !! :eek: - a weapon or subject you are not an expert on ??

Why don't you give us your opinion on that one? Is it a Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf F or a Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf J?

Or maybe it is just a Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf F...

Pierre.

Steven, photos look cool to me, thanks for posting them.
With regards to the staff car, the colour looks fine, but I'm a little concerned with the plumes on the rear quater of the car, along with the Rammjager jets powering it.:rolleyes:;)

Nothing wrong with that wraith - I just hung my Ramjager up on the ceiling with a bit of string and it looks great next to my X wing fighters. :)

It is a Panzer I for sure. And now that I've had more time today to look at the brighter pic of it that I overlooked, it does indeed look like the track detail has improved.

It is Panzer I Ausf F. The VK 1801 was a small experimental small infantry assualt tank. In 1942, 8 were issued to 1st Panzer Division for combat evaluation. The tank was armed with two M34 machine guns.

I am kind of hoping that there's lots of improvement with the Staff Car. Check this one out, unfortunately, it's 1/18

I think it costs ~ $70

I am not happy with the windshield... the frame is too thick.

The color, of course, has to be different than the previous LAH staff car. I think K&C didn't make it purely black because they've produced two black staff cars before (one with Hitler and another with Himmler).

Can anybody remember how much the previous staff car cost? I am estimating that the new K&C staff car will cost about $125.

It is Panzer I Ausf F. The VK 1801 was a small experimental small infantry assualt tank. In 1942, 8 were issued to 1st Panzer Division for combat evaluation. The tank was armed with two M34 machine guns.

Thanks, I thought that myself when I checked my main reference "Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two" before I made my earlier post.

However according to that book on page 26 the final development vehicle was actually No VK 1802, but they may look much the same as far as I know.

In any case the above tanks were rather heavy for their size making them less suited to recce duties imho. Apparently the K & C model is meant to represent a recce tank. Until we get a closer look at the model it's hard to tell what it is as some versions of the Panzer II such as the Ausf G/ VK 901 were sorta similar in appearance to some versions of the Panzer I.

At the West Coaster, K&C displayed a ... new Hitler staff car (Andy says the color (not black) is historically correct)...

The new staff car is a Mercedes Benz G4 W31 convertible, one of Hitler's favourite while visiting operational areas.

When LAH was sent into combat, an elite bodyguard batallion was created, the Führer-Begleit Bataillon. The first commander of that unit was Erwin Rommel.

And the colour of the car is historically correct :)

Pierre.

Attachments

• 0001a.jpg
    0001a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 229
Thanks, I thought that myself when I checked my main reference "Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two" before I made my earlier post.

However according to that book on page 26 the final development vehicle was actually No VK 1802, but they may look much the same as far as I know.

In any case the above tanks were rather heavy for their size making them less suited to recce duties imho. Apparently the K & C model is meant to represent a recce tank. Until we get a closer look at the model it's hard to tell what it is as some versions of the Panzer II such as the Ausf G/ VK 901 were sorta similar in appearance to some versions of the Panzer I.

On page 35 of this book you will see the Ausf J, which has the interleaved suspension and the circular access hatches on the side as per the K&C model.

I will try to post a photo from the book later when my camera battery has charged.

Jeff

I am kind of hoping that there's lots of improvement with the Staff Car. Check this one out, unfortunately, it's 1/18

I think it costs ~ $70

I am not happy with the windshield... the frame is too thick.

The color, of course, has to be different than the previous LAH staff car. I think K&C didn't make it purely black because they've produced two black staff cars before (one with Hitler and another with Himmler).

Can anybody remember how much the previous staff car cost? I am estimating that the new K&C staff car will cost about $125.

So, now you're saying it's little better, even though, of course, you haven't seen it in person :eek: I'm guessing the windshield is a little thicker to prevent breakage. When the US Army Jeep was announced last year, there was similar concern over the thickness and breakage was the issue.

I didn't buy the prior limo as it's LAH (this one is WS) but I might look into this one even though, I suppose, there's really no difference.

I'm guessing that some of the figures will be fixed.

This limo, with the photographers, would make a nice scene. Andy told me he wanted to make the photographers as a result of the success they've had with the US photographer.

Thank God for that - we can all rest now and sleep easy! Does this mean we will all be buying this car now its been vouched for as historically correct?!

Hi RD-

Why do I have the impression that you are sarcastic? :D:D:D

Pierre :)

...Andy told me he wanted to make the photographers as a result of the success they've had with the US photographer.

Hi Brad-

Which proves that unusual figures can sell. Now, we need some Parisiennes making some oh-la-la to those photographers :)

Pierre.

Pierre,

I think I need to purchase a French dictionary but what does et pan sur la gueule mean?:)

Why don't you give us your opinion on that one? Is it a Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf F or a Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf J?

Or maybe it is just a Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf F...

Pierre.

Well Pierre - since you asked...

I believe from the photo (its hard because we can't see the guns clearly) we are looking at Andy's version of a Panzer I - Ausf A - it was the first German Tank to go into mass production during the Nazi period of German 1934-36. Over 800 Tanks were produced.

It was the first major attempt by the Nazi's to get around the Treaty of Versailles - they called this vehicle a "agricultural tractor" - while in production. ;)

The weapon system for the Panzer I was two 7.92mm MG13 machine guns - it only had a crew of two and was used in all the Panzer Units during the early part of the War. It was not used in the Russian Campaign due to its limitations in armor and weapons for the battlefield at that time.

However, many were still in use in France throughout a good period of the War.

Krauss-Maffei - were building trains at this time and Wegman was starting to build armor components for the Third Reich. It would be another another 40 years before these fine German companies would combine forces to create the best Tank the World has ever known. LEOPARD II

Don't challenge me on German Armor my little french-canadian friend. :)

On page 35 of this book you will see the Ausf J, which has the interleaved suspension and the circular access hatches on the side as per the K&C model.

I will try to post a photo from the book later when my camera battery has charged.

Jeff

Jeff, I looked at that tank earlier and it is a recce version. However the K & C model has twin machine guns as well as the five periscopes on the turret roof and a raised rear section like the Panzer I mentioned before which also has a side hatch btw.

Jeff, I looked at that tank earlier and it is a recce version. However the K & C model has twin machine guns as well as the five periscopes on the turret roof and a raised rear section like the Panzer I mentioned before which also has a side hatch btw.

Oz,

Yes, I see what you mean, I will still post pictures, but of both for comparison. A PI-F or a PII-J that is the question? :D

Jeff

Yes but the K&C model has 2 x 7.92mm Mgs mounted on it not a 2cm cannon like the Ausf J! It's a Panzer 1 F or my grandaddy was not a suasage eating German!! (Which he was by the way)

Yes I know, see my post immediately before this one of yours, :D

Jeff

Oz,

Yes, I see what you mean, I will still post pictures, but of both for comparison. A PI-F or a PII-J that is the question? :D

Jeff

I do hope it is NOT a Panzer I Ausf F as only 30 vehicles were produced and only a few of them ever saw combat, most being in service with SS police units. And being designed as an infantry support tank it was slower than ALL the other Panzer I and Panzer II versions. Therefore it would be far from ideal as a recce tank.

Pierre,

I think I need to purchase a French dictionary but what does et pan sur la gueule mean?:)

Brad, my favorite moderator-

Et PAN sur la gueule! can be translated by And BANG on the nose!

Pierre.

It means "and section on the face" - I consider it really a jab - but, you how the french like to exaggerate (french-canadian in this case).

You got it wrong, my friend.

In that expression, the word PAN is an onomatopoeia and does not mean section in any way.

Pierre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back