New Release: 88mm Flak 37 (3 Viewers)

Big time Normandy dio for someone. I can see it from the scenes in Band of Brothers. That offizer looked a lot like Donald Sutherland.

I was just asking about a grey version in the new figarti, maybe I need to be patient...

I was just asking about a grey version in the new figarti, maybe I need to be patient...

With, all the releases this past 2 years, I have not seen that Version. But, I am hoping for the collectors like you, that want that version. that Brian would do it.

its a simple enough job to turn one of these into a grey version unless CS offers early war as well as winter normandy and the desert
Mitch

...and I was outdone that I never bought the K&C version. Good that I didn't. This is awesome! Jürgen

My thoughts exactly!!

CS- You guys are REALLY starting to p-ss me off!! I go and get my defense budget set for 2011 and then you throw this masterpiece out there- sending me back to the drawing board!! :D:D

Absolutely fantastic work, the improvements just get better and better.
I am assuming the officer with the binos does not come with the 88 then?

Also, I am assuming the 88 can be towed by the prime mover?

Thanks- even though it's early, and I would still like to see it in the flesh, this looks like the best release for 2011 so far!! Way to go!!

I'm in! Glad I passed on the other offerings of same piece. :D This is a terrific looking set.
Exactly what I thought when I saw this wonderful piece at an unbelieveable price point in todays market. CS is leaving EVERYONE in the dust with this type of release at large dollars less than their competitors. I don't know how CS can do it when all we hear from others makers is the big boo-hoo about increasing costs. Can someone explain how CS is keeping prices so low? I mean, I bought the KC King Tiger many months ago at $225 (now $239, I think), now I have a CS KT on the way for $179. How does CS offer such a model at a far lesser price point than the KC price from months ago, much less comparing it to the new KC price? KC makes a fabulous product but they are far behind in the "bang for your buck" catagory. JMO. -- Al

Apart from this excellent release (the 88 looks really nice), I want to say that I think CS deserve a lot of credit for the way they have improved their figures. Sometime back we were moaning because of the zombie nature of the faces, they have taken this on board and taken light years of improvement, just look at the guy on the left here, really good job on the face:cool:

885.jpg

Rob

Well Al, interesting questions, not to be offensive but I don't really care how they do it just that they do it. Brian has stated before he is an American company- maybe that he doesn't have to ship from China?? I really do not know and, after trying to figure out pricing points for years, I give up :eek:

I can tell you after boxing up my King Tiger from KC for trade for a CS one, that particular model you mention comes with three figures whereas, I believe the CS one comes with one- perhaps that is some of the answer??

I just nestled this thing into my defense budget for 2011.

CS is seriously making me consider slapping all my KC AFVs on the bay and starting over with them. I remember being on the ground floor when KC got up and running with WW2 a decade or so ago- it was really fun to watch. I got a feeling that we as collectors are sitting in the front row of a company that has stayed patient, true to what they want to do and believe and are about to breakout like rock stars.

Well Al, interesting questions, not to be offensive but I don't really care how they do it just that they do it. Brian has stated before he is an American company- maybe that he doesn't have to ship from China?? I really do not know and, after trying to figure out pricing points for years, I give up :eek:

I can tell you after boxing up my King Tiger from KC for trade for a CS one, that particular model you mention comes with three figures whereas, I believe the CS one comes with one- perhaps that is some of the answer??

I just nestled this thing into my defense budget for 2011.

CS is seriously making me consider slapping all my KC AFVs on the bay and starting over with them. I remember being on the ground floor when KC got up and running with WW2 a decade or so ago- it was really fun to watch. I got a feeling that we as collectors are sitting in the front row of a company that has stayed patient, true to what they want to do and believe and are about to breakout like rock stars.
Chris, no offense at all. I feel the same way. The point about the number of figures is a good one. I had not taken that into account. CS is just doing outstanding stuff. -- Al

I thought the CS konigstiger came with one full figure and the head and shoulders of the driver??? so, its not that big a difference in what comes in the box and, you get a thrown track which, is all extra costs in manufacturing and packaging

I think Brian still makes and ships from China even though he is based in the US. Someone mentioned overheads but, after 26years K&C should have honed his overheads and everything else down to the least it can cost. They are a large company and people will want their business i.e. factories etc so, I am sure its the best price for the basic costs it can be.

The stuff is made from the same materials but, many have stated price and quality are better than other more expensive manufacturers.

As collectors its great in these times when prices are increased with great regularity that CS and TG are offering great stuff at a great price. There is real choice for collectors in the hobby
Mitch

Oh yeah Chris I feel yopur pain. Now to hide all the TCS goodies. Picking one up today:eek::eek:

I thought the CS konigstiger came with one full figure and the head and shoulders of the driver??? so, its not that big a difference in what comes in the box and, you get a thrown track which, is all extra costs in manufacturing and packaging

I think Brian still makes and ships from China even though he is based in the US. Someone mentioned overheads but, after 26years K&C should have honed his overheads and everything else down to the least it can cost. They are a large company and people will want their business i.e. factories etc so, I am sure its the best price for the basic costs it can be.

The stuff is made from the same materials but, many have stated price and quality are better than other more expensive manufacturers.

As collectors its great in these times when prices are increased with great regularity that CS and TG are offering great stuff at a great price. There is real choice for collectors in the hobby
Mitch

Mitch, don't forget the second turret with the Easy Eight!:D

jbonzo...

Slipped my mind and that alone makes CS an outstanding manufacturer for me. To have that much in a box for £135 GBP is incredible IMO.
Mitch

Mitch, don't forget the second turret with the Easy Eight!:D

A winterized jagdpanther would be something to see
Mitch

I guess Collectors' Showcase is aptly named.:D Maybe Brian can make us a winter grille:)

KV,
I missed out on the K & C winter grille as well...I have almost picked it up a few times on the secondary market, but it commands a pretty penny....I too would enjoy a CS winter grille someday...there's no doubt that it would be a popular piece for CS. Their AFV value is unmatched.

Joe

Don't get me wrong...I'd love a Comet too, but CS is the only company to get the German helmet shape correct. Quite frankly, I'd like to see more soldiers...U.S., U.K., Soviet and German! But, I'm all in for the vehicles too.

The King Tiger is on pre-order from Minutemen Toy Soldiers, and I told George I want the 8.8cm FlaK gun and prime mover as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back