New Release:Jagdpanther in Winter & Normandy (2 Viewers)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
Jagdpanther in Winter & Normandy​

TCS is pleased to introduce more of what’s making us the pretty nifty TS Company.

The new Jagdpanther tank destroyer. Coming in with a thrown track and opening hatches ( even the rear escape door opens, perfect to use with our tank re-loaders ) along with two full crew.

You wanted paint chips rust and weathering?, well it’s all been done here tenfold. We thought it was time to get our Jagdpanther on, so we did. Our Wittmann Tiger is long gone ( completely sold out ) and we know this honey will go that way. Save yourself the heartache and get a pre-order in as production numbers are tight. We changed the post structure with the climbers on so they very easy to put in.

Ahh...scale: now the proof is in the pudding right? This little honey should line up with our Panther perfect right? And it does! So once again some right scaled armor for all of you guys that insist on correct scale AFV's!

Also pictured from our upcoming catalog is our climber on figures. Sure we've done jumpers but these fellas are clambering on our armor. One of the sets even some with bases for multi-use!

Pricing, as per usual: no change. We pledge to continue keeping the hobby affordable and fun: After all we’re collectors too! Just one of many items in our Holiday Catalog: stay tuned for more! ( Holiday items start to ship in mid-November )

Tally Hooo!

regards,

Brian

JAG1.jpg

JAG2.jpg

OUTSTANDING..... What a beauty. I've been waiting a long time for a Normandy Jagdpanther. The figures make a great addition as well.

Jeesh! Another outstanding AFV at an outstanding price. CS is beating the snot out of the competition with these "bang for the buck" productions. Beautiful job. -- Al

My favourite tank, so a must have, thanks Brian, now back to the Romans. Cheers, Robin.

I really envy you guys who are into SS. You're all well taken care of!!

Brian, super innovative on the base idea.

Sweet I love the Jagdpanther...I will pre order this baby!...Brian you say your all out of the new Wittmann tiger but your web page say its still in stock? You should update the site as soon as it sells out so we know that they are all gone. I have had this problem be for I would call you gays to make an order and the unite is all sold out but on you site it shows its in stock.

Sweet I love the Jagdpanther...I will pre order this baby!...Brian you say your all out of the new Wittmann tiger but your web page say its still in stock? You should update the site as soon as it sells out so we know that they are all gone. I have had this problem be for I would call you gays to make an order and the unite is all sold out but on you site it shows its in stock.

They wouldn't appreciate that................:D:D:D:D:D

I would presume that as this is the Hohens division the winter version will be linked with the battles in Budapest to relieve the garrison or, in that sort of area. When I get home I will look up the JP tank units and see what tank this is replicating. The western front variant could be covering normandy right up until the Ardenne offensive. again, a quick bit of reading will sort out where this tank was and, who it belonged to
Mitch

Any info on the historical background of #222 and #232?

MITCH:

Thanks for the help. If there's a lot of good history behind the Jagdpanthers, I might get one.

I would presume that as this is the Hohens division the winter version will be linked with the battles in Budapest to relieve the garrison or, in that sort of area. When I get home I will look up the JP tank units and see what tank this is replicating. The western front variant could be covering normandy right up until the Ardenne offensive. again, a quick bit of reading will sort out where this tank was and, who it belonged to
Mitch

Most Jagdpanthers were in independent schwere Panzerjager Abteilung (Heavy anti-tank battalions) but some were assigned to Panzer Divisions. The CS model is from the IX SS Panzer Division (Hohenstaufen), one of only three SS Divisions to have them. They were in SS Panzerjäger Battalion 9 and used in the relief of the Budapest Garrison in March 1944. After the Allied landing in Normandy, the IX SS was sent to Caen in late June 1944 and then to Arnhem just prior to Market Garden. The IX SS was later part of the Ardennes Offensive (Battle of the Bulge) and fought at Bastogne. The IX SS fought west of Budapest in February and March 1945 retreating to Austria and surrendering May 1945

Terry

Most Jagdpanthers were in independent schwere Panzerjager Abteilung (Heavy anti-tank battalions) but some were assigned to Panzer Divisions. The CS model is from the IX SS Panzer Division (Hohenstaufen), one of only three SS Divisions to have them. They were in SS Panzerjäger Battalion 9 and used in the relief of the Budapest Garrison in March 1944. After the Allied landing in Normandy, the IX SS was sent to Caen in late June 1944 and then to Arnhem just prior to Market Garden. The IX SS was later part of the Ardennes Offensive (Battle of the Bulge) and fought at Bastogne. The IX SS fought west of Budapest in February and March 1945 retreating to Austria and surrendering May 1945

Terry
Great info. There is an excellent book on the subject: "In the Firestorm of the Last Years of the War; II SS Panzerkorps with the 9. and 10. SS-Divisions Hohenstaufen and Frundsberg", written by Wilhelm Tieke and published by Fedorowicz. -- Al

Nice looking release! Great options.

I can't find a record of 9.SS.Panzer-Division receiving Jagdpanthers prior to February 1945. The lack of zimmerit and factory style "Ambush" paint scheme imply a Sep-Oct '44 production date. Also the only unit to be assigned 3 complete companies (14 vehicles each) was s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt.654.

Nice looking release! Great options.

I can't find a record of 9.SS.Panzer-Division receiving Jagdpanthers prior to February 1945. The lack of zimmerit and factory style "Ambush" paint scheme imply a Sep-Oct '44 production date. Also the only unit to be assigned 3 complete companies (14 vehicles each) was s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt.654.

My earlier post is confusing. It is the history of the IX SS and not the history of Jagdpanthers. And it refers to the relief of Budapest in March 1944 which is a typo - it should be March 1945. The earliest reference to Jagdpanthers in IX SS was from Achtung Panzer. Three SS Divisions including the 9th SS, 10th SS and 2nd SS each received a company of Jagdpanthers during a relief attempt to rescue encircled garrison of Budapest beginning in January of 1945. The 9th SS was active there in March 1945. Only 12 of the original 42 Jagdpanthers issued to those three divisions were still operational on April 1st and eventually took part in the defence of Vienna.

Terry

Lovely looking models. However, I wish CS had done their research properly, for they would have discovered that the Jagdpanther never served with the 9th SS Pz Div "Hohenstauffen" whose divisional marking the model carries.

In Normandy the few Jagdpanthers available were assigned to Schwere Panzer Jager Abteilung 654. In preparation for Ardennes offensive Panzer divisions (both SS and Heer) were augmented by separate Panzer or Panzer Jaeger Abteilungs to make up the reduced numbers in the Panzer regiments of certain units resulting from their severe combat losses during the summer and autumn. That's why the 1st SS Pz division "Leibstandarte" got a Tiger II battalion. Both 12 SS Pz and Panzer Lehr had their panzer regiments augmented by Jagdpanthers from Sch Pz Jaeger units. The only record I have seen of Jagdpanthers serving with an SS Pz division is in the memoirs of the German author Gunter Grass "Peeling the Onion", who served in the Waffen SS at the very end of the war. He specifically mentions the Jagdpanther serving in his division, 10 SS Pz Div "Frundsberg".

Wow, winter version will going into my collection. I really like the concept of the figures having optional bases for either climbing on the vehicles or action poses-what a great touch.
mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back