New Release:Jagdpanther in Winter & Normandy (5 Viewers)

Jagdpanther looks great and I especially like the removable schuerzen. Those figures look amazing, both the tank crew and the climbers. I especially like the one sitting in the hatch with the pipe. Keep up the great work on figures with innovative poses.

Agree 100%. Never say never.

Another example was just last night...I was reading about plugging the Stalingrad gap: when the SS-V moved towards Stalingrad to make a line, they 'found' 5 perfectly working & abandoned PzIIIL from 23PD. The SS-V CO ordered them to give them back to 23PD, but hey, another guy might have said finders keepers

Just to clarify, I prefer models with real history as opposed to generic models or fictional models.

Example: most of you bought the CS Wittman 007 Tiger I (I didn't because I already have the FOV 1/16 Wittman Tiger I).......but how many of you would have preferred a CS fictional TigerI?

This little beastie will be romping all around my basement. Great Job Brian!!

On another note, my 11 year old daughter saw one of my CS flyers and saw the "resting Germans" with the dog, she wants one!! Have to see what Santa can do for her!! {sm4}

Actually the 9th SS insignia is right at home on a 10th SS Frundsburg Tank! Yes its true! You see these two " sister " battalions regularly swapped armor. So in fact it is quite common to identify Frundsburg troops on Hohenstaufen AFV's and vice versa as they were always helping each other to make up losses or bone up formations: especially during the Arnhem and Nijmegan battles.

Cheers!

Brian

But neither Division possessed this type of vehicle in the Arnhem or Nijmegan battles.
Jeff

Didn't have much time for fighting as I was too busy looking for those mythical jagdpanthers!!!!!!!
Jeff

Oh I think your about to eat a " mythical jagdpanther Mr. know it all " sandwich! Read on:

"Small number of Jagdpanthers was used by Waffen-SS formations and only 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich, 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen and 10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg (part of the 6th Panzer Army) received company each during relief attempt to rescue encircled garrison of Budapest in January of 1945. Out of original 42 issued to those divisions only 12 were operational on April 1st and eventually took part in the defence of Vienna. From 1945, Jagdpanthers were also issue to Panzer Abteilungs of 7 Panzer Divisions, The Fuehrer Grenadier Regiment and single Panzer Brigade, but using them as substitute tanks was a mistake but a necessity at the time"

Article link: http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerjager-v-jagdpanther-sd-kfz-173.htm

So might I now say: Touche'!

Cheers!

Brian

Oh I think your about to eat a " mythical jagdpanther Mr. know it all " sandwich! Read on:

"Small number of Jagdpanthers was used by Waffen-SS formations and only 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich, 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen and 10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg (part of the 6th Panzer Army) received company each during relief attempt to rescue encircled garrison of Budapest in January of 1945. Out of original 42 issued to those divisions only 12 were operational on April 1st and eventually took part in the defence of Vienna. From 1945, Jagdpanthers were also issue to Panzer Abteilungs of 7 Panzer Divisions, The Fuehrer Grenadier Regiment and single Panzer Brigade, but using them as substitute tanks was a mistake but a necessity at the time"

Article link: http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerjager-v-jagdpanther-sd-kfz-173.htm

Cheers!

Brian

Brian what that got to do with Jagdpanthers in Arnhem or Nijmegan battles in 1944 ^&confuse

I'll be buying one of these puppies as soon as they come out (winter version) . I'm going to try and swing a set of climbers on too! Really nice work CS!:smile2: Fun stuff!

I'll be buying one of these puppies as soon as they come out (winter version) . I'm going to try and swing a set of climbers on too! Really nice work CS!:smile2: Fun stuff!

+1 .

I still have not decided which version to get yet. But they both look excellent.

Cheers!

Brian

The Panzer units which you cite above did not recieve their Jagdpanthers until February/March 1945.I have the delivery documents.The first SS unit to have Jagdpanthers under its direct command was the 12SS HJ Division during the Ardennes battle,and even that was an independent unit (Heavy Bn. 560)...So you may not say 'Touche'.
Jeff

The Normandy Jagdpanther represents a Jagdpanther manufactured during a 3 month period after Aug/Sept 1944 when zimmerit was stopped being used up to Oct. 1944 when the base colour of dark yellow as on the model was replaced by red primer. So the model could represent a Heer unit in western Europe after August 1944. Probably an independent heavy tank destroyer unit like s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt.654. There were Jagdpanthers in western europe/Normandy before this - the first ones were sent to s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt.654. about April 1944 in France. The only difference is they would have had zimmerit, been a Heer unit and would not have had an ambush camo.

The winter Jagdpanther is historically correct for the 9th or 10th SS at Budapest in early 1945.

Terry

The Normandy Jagdpanther represents a Jagdpanther manufactured during a 3 month period after Aug/Sept 1944 when zimmerit was stopped being used up to Oct. 1944 when the base colour of dark yellow as on the model was replaced by red primer. So the model could represent a Heer unit in western Europe after August 1944. Probably an independent heavy tank destroyer unit like s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt.654. There were Jagdpanthers in western europe/Normandy before this - the first ones were sent to s.H.Pz.Jg.Abt.654. about April 1944 in France. The only difference is they would have had zimmerit, been a Heer unit and would not have had an ambush camo.

The winter Jagdpanther is historically correct for the 9th or 10th SS at Budapest in early 1945.

Terry

Exactly my point! Thank you Terry.

Cheers to one and all!

regards,

Brian

Exactly my point! Thank you Terry.

Cheers to one and all!

regards,

Brian

Tut tut Brian.That was not your point.Your initial point was that these vehicles were used during the Arnhem campaign by both 9SS and 10SS,where you suggested that they swapped insignia.I merely replied that this was incorrect (which it is).I am quite aware of their use in Normandy,the Bulge and on the Eastern front,but that is irrelevant to my posts.
I look forward to your reply.
Jeff

Tut tut Brian.That was not your point.Your initial point was that these vehicles were used during the Arnhem campaign by both 9SS and 10SS,where you suggested that they swapped insignia.I merely replied that this was incorrect (which it is).I am quite aware of their use in Normandy,the Bulge and on the Eastern front,but that is irrelevant to my posts.
I look forward to your reply.
Jeff
Did not some JP's see action during the Arnhem campaign, under TOE in some Heer unit? I couldn't find any SS use during Arnhem but I did see reference to a small number with a Heer unit. -- Al

Did not some JP's see action during the Arnhem campaign, under TOE in some Heer unit? I couldn't find any SS use during Arnhem but I did see reference to a small number with a Heer unit. -- Al

The 9th SS were at Arnhem but 9 S.S. Panzerjäger Abteilung had only 2 Jagdpanzer IV and the 10th SS were there as well but not their anti-tank battalion. There were some Jagdpanthers on the highway to Arnhem which fought against US and British troops - 4 Jagdpanthers of 559 Panzerjägerabteilung a Heer unit.

Terry

Last edited:
PHANTOM WARRIOR:

Concerning the 4 Jagdpanthers of 559 Panzerjägerabteilung who fought against UK and US forces during Operation Market Garden, would the US forces you're talking about be be the 82nd Airborne?

The 9th SS were at Arnhem but 9 S.S. Panzerjäger Abteilung had only 2 Jagdpanzer IV and the 10th SS were there as well but not their anti-tank battalion. There were some Jagdpanthers on the highway to Arnhem which fought against US and British troops - 4 Jagdpanthers of 559 Panzerjägerabteilung a Heer unit.

Terry

You are correct about the 4 Heer jagdpanthers belonging to Pz Abt 559.For a short time they were attached to Kampfgruppe Walther and saw very limited action during the campaign.Both 9SS and 10SS Divisions recieved their long overdue Panzerjager abteilungs at this time,each comprising a newly reduced establishment of 21 jagdpanzer 1Vs and 12 towed Pak 40s.Both Battalions were held up during transport and in the end very few of these vehicles saw any action around Arnhem.
Cheers Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back