Next phase of hougoumont (1 Viewer)

Agree these buildings are so versitale. I can see they are equally at home in your WW11 dio. Having two farmers residents side by side come up well, great idea, one I never considered. Have spoken to John recently and he says that he hoping to finish the last of this complex of buildings sometime this year. This has been a long project for him spanning many years, but one of the best in the hobby. Robin.

These are glorious buildings and very accurate. Are all the buildings complete or are the buildings that butt onto another building eg. pigsty, cowshed and Great barn three sided? Also villagehorse, I love your farm carts and animals. Where did you get these? They look marvelous.
Thanks!

These are glorious buildings and very accurate. Are all the buildings complete or are the buildings that butt onto another building eg. pigsty, cowshed and Great barn three sided? Also villagehorse, I love your farm carts and animals. Where did you get these? They look marvelous.
Thanks!

They are as you say, marvellous. Some of John's best work and probably a once in a life time that you will find a complex like this, in the scale. All buildings have 4 sides and can stand alone for use in other dio's if you wish. The hay cart is from Britain's and the plastic animals are easy to find about. Two of the cows are from K&C and are metal. Ever hopeful John will make the final push to finish the North side and in particular the all important gate. He has indicated this should occur this year.
Robin.

They are as you say, marvellous. Some of John's best work and probably a once in a life time that you will find a complex like this, in the scale. All buildings have 4 sides and can stand alone for use in other dio's if you wish. The hay cart is from Britain's and the plastic animals are easy to find about. Two of the cows are from K&C and are metal. Ever hopeful John will make the final push to finish the North side and in particular the all important gate. He has indicated this should occur this year.
Robin.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully the North Gate and the buildings on the north side will be completed soon. The entire model will look spectacular! By the way, I can't seem to locate any information on the animals either Hougoumont or at La Haye Sainte. None of my Waterloo books nor online search mentions them, only that the farmers were evacuated the evening before the battle began. How about the animals? Anyone?

John has finished the North Gate, plus the North/East corner building is in the final stages. At this point Christmas this year could have some especially nice presents under the tree if you are a collector of the Hougoumont complex. John must extremely pleased with what he has achieved with this mighty project and also be relieved that the end is now in sight. Robin.

Yay! I’ve promised myself that I will order the whole thing when he finishes, so I better start saving.

John has kindly supplied me with a couple of photos for his finished 'North Gate'. Another fine addition for sure and a most welcome piece to this wonderful farm/chateau complex. John has also confirmed, the buildings making up the North/East corner are on track to be released soon. So all in all, some lucky collectors could have the entire layout under their Christmas tree this year, now that's a Christmas to remember. I will keep you posted. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1926.jpg
    DSCN1926.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN1927.jpg
    DSCN1927.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 398
John is yet to cost out the price for the final pieces and possibly will not have the costing up until mid December. To get a rough idea, I would check his website which lists all the prices for all that has been so far released and working with those it should be possible to gauge what the final price should work out to. The remaining items are the gate/fencing either side, a long barn and a corner barn. The quality of workmanship is amazing and worth every penny. Robin.

John has kindly supplied me with a couple of photos for his finished 'North Gate'. Another fine addition for sure and a most welcome piece to this wonderful farm/chateau complex. John has also confirmed, the buildings making up the North/East corner are on track to be released soon. So all in all, some lucky collectors could have the entire layout under their Christmas tree this year, now that's a Christmas to remember. I will keep you posted. Robin.
cannot wait to get this last phase, the gate looks grerat

John’s hard work and skills have once again come to fruition as he is about to release the latest pieces. These will be the North gate with walls, the North barn and the North East corner barn. When laid out they will measure 4 feet in length and will complete the perimeter of Hougoumont. The French will have a tough time breaching this Chateau now, although the battle damage on John’s latest handiwork, shows the French are giving it a red hot crack. Hopefully these will appear on the JG Miniatures website in just over a week. He already has a number of pre order customers, which bodes well for his efforts. Just in time for Christmas it seems. Robin.

John has now made these items available on his website “JG Miniatures’ under the heading, collections 1/30 scale accessories. I will post some photos once I have received mine. Robin.

The French break through the North gate. Close the gates before all is lost.{eek3}
John has done it and it is now complete, for me 5 years in the making, for John a lot longer.
What a wonderful work of art John has produced. I am thrilled to the back teeth to have it all and in time for Christmas and some fellow collector's visits. Let me know if you need more photos of any angle. I have not shown the overall view of the farm, as it over laps into other bits of my man-cave, no backdrop i have is big enough. Well done John and thank you so much :salute:::salute:::salute::. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2065.jpg
    DSCN2065.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 464
  • DSCN2067.jpg
    DSCN2067.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCN2068.jpg
    DSCN2068.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 476
  • DSCN2070.jpg
    DSCN2070.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCN2071.jpg
    DSCN2071.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 471
The French break through the North gate. Close the gates before all is lost.{eek3}
John has done it and it is now complete, for me 5 years in the making, for John a lot longer.
What a wonderful work of art John has produced. I am thrilled to the back teeth to have it all and in time for Christmas and some fellow collector's visits. Let me know if you need more photos of any angle. I have not shown the overall view of the farm, as it over laps into other bits of my man-cave, no backdrop i have is big enough. Well done John and thank you so much :salute:::salute:::salute::. Robin.
looks wonderful, i am going to have to scrape up some dough to completw my hougemont, nice job john

Let me know if you need more photos of any angle. I have not shown the overall view of the farm, as it over laps into other bits of my man-cave, no backdrop i have is big enough.

Yes, sure, overall view of the farm it is really interesting and impressive.
I will be very grateful for the additional photos of JG Hougomont.

Robin - I have watched with amazement the development over the past five years of this fantastic model. You are very fortunate to have been able to collect it in its entirety. Enjoy . .
Mike

Thanks guys. Yes very lucky to have the complete farm thanks to John. As requested i have taken some shots without worrying about the backdrop aspect, so I can fit it all in a frame. Any close up's required, just give me the word. This is one of my show piece layouts for sure. Very pleased and relieved to finally have it all. Hope others also have the farm and are enjoying it as much as I am. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2166.jpg
    DSCN2166.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCN2167.jpg
    DSCN2167.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 546
  • DSCN2168.jpg
    DSCN2168.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 462
  • DSCN2169.jpg
    DSCN2169.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 458
  • DSCN2170.jpg
    DSCN2170.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 667
A few more angles to get an idea of the layout. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2172.jpg
    DSCN2172.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 546
  • DSCN2171.jpg
    DSCN2171.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCN2173.jpg
    DSCN2173.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 623
Hurrah! Nice to see that JG Miniatures North Gate and barn are now finished to complete the Hougoumont. Looks fabulous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back