Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tom,

I am not upset. You cannot be upset about your team losing a football game when your house is full of guests who are staying with you because they have no power, heat or hot water in their homes.

Besides, the Giants didn't even show up. If it wasn't for a bogus pass interference call, and a bogus unnecessary roughness penalty in the end zone, the Giants wouldn't have scored a single offensive touchdown, on defense they were pathetic against the run all day, and I don't even want to discuss their special teams, which couldn't have tackled my grandmother.

Their offense was flat and predictable, Eli couldn't consistently hit his receivers, and when he did, they dropped the passes or ran the wrong pattern. The best was watching the Giants attempt to run the ball on running downs, and pass the ball on passing downs, while the Steelers obviously knew exactly what they were doing and had the perfect defense called to stuff each play. I sometimes wonder what Kevin Gilbride is thinking. And if I had a nickel for everytine I saw Hakeem Nicks or Victor Cruz aligator-arming a pass and then begging for a flag . . .

On run defense, it is plain that the Giants cannot handle a big physical offensive line , and on pass defense, they simply cannot cover anyone on short patterns. The Steelers were able to convert virtually every third down play, because the Giants were giving ridiculous cushions to the receivers. The past two weeks the Giants have looked like a different team. It seems to happen in the third-quarter of the season every year, they just go into a funk. I can only hope that after the bye-week they will be rejuvenated.

Louis,
You sound like you have your hands full! Man, I hope things get better.

Don't be too hard on the Giants, I still think Eli is a class act and a good QB. I didn't like the personal foul on Clark, the pass interference, well, sometimes I think its like holding, always seems to be a way to call it, so no big worries, it happens.

I am sure the Giants will be in it in the end, still a pretty darn good team.

TD

I only got to hear portions of the game on the car because we still have no power but when they went up by 10 I thought it was in the bag.

The NFL really needs to address the whole pass interference penalty sooner than later; yesterday the Giants had two 40 plus passes that were called for interference, the ball moves to the spot of the foul. One was legit, the other was an absolute joke, the defender barely touched the reciever and he got flagged.

They shoud use the college rule; 15 yard penalty, it really is a joke, NFL offenses should just chuck the ball downfield as often as possible so these flag happy refs can call penalty after penalty.

The other penalty on the Steelers on Cruz was a joke too; called helmet to helmet, it was shoulder to shoulder, the ball was still in the air off of a deflection and they called a penalty.

Why doesn't the NFL just outlaw any sort of contact and get it over with; no helmet to helmet, no horsecollar, no hitting the QB, no leading with the helmet, no touching the reciever after five yards (thanks you whiny Colts for that penalty), on and on it goes, how about no tackling then?

The two nitwits who do the morning sports talk radio where having a debate as to whether Eli is a HOF QB; are you kidding me?

The guy has been in the league nine years and TWICE has had a QB rating over 90%, he stunk yesterday and he's got two legit weapons in Nix and Mr Salsa Cruz, not to mention Bradshaw out of the backfield. Granted he's won two Super Bowls, both with miracle last minute drives/catches to win the game.

Take the flying Elvis off of the opponents helmet and he's JAG out there, not a HOF QB........................

I know Louis isn't too happy, but for me thank goodness the Steeler D of old showed up today and saved our offense. Ben got another 4th qtr game winner but jeez, we were on the 3 a series before and couldn't put it in the end zone. Glad to get the win.

Sammy, jeez, man Flacco is so inconsistent. He missed a lot of "dink and dunk" passes today. Can you imagine how good your Ravens offense could really be with a elite QB??? Seriously I know you like Flacco, but if that were my team, I would be frustrated. However a win is a win and at the end of the day, he wins more than loses.

Should be a good game in a few weeks!

TD

Well Tom I'm trying to pull for my boy Flacco but boy he makes it hard sometimes, some drives he's on fire then there's the 2-3 quarters of 3 and out:mad: can't figure it out, I can't really complain to loud there are alot of teams that wish they weren't playing good and be 6-2, but with 2 Steeler games/Chargers/Broncos in the upcoming weeks I believe the Steelers have the edge right now, but that's why you play the games, Steelers lose on the road to Raiders/Titans/Broncos, so if we split the Steeler series and hold up our home games we may come out ok, only time will tell, see ya in a few weeks in evil Steeler country:)...Sammy

Man if I could figure out how to bottle up a formula of how the Ravens play at M&T Stadium in Baltimore I'd be rich, can't figure out how this team can look so good at home and so bad sometimes on the road?? oh well, 7-2 heading to evil Steeler country next Sunday nite, Ravens vs. Steelers it just doesn't get any better...Sammy

Lots of points scored in the games today. Defense has be officially declared persona non grata. Ravens racked up 55 (most in Raven's history) against the Raiders. I really hope that the Ravens can manage to transfer some of this offensive muscle to the road game in Pittsburg this coming week. Mr. Inconsistent, aka. Flacco, looked like a world beater today, so I hope he doesn't pull a disappearing act against the Steelers. Should be a good game, with a lot on the line. Giants and Eagles looked bad. NFC East is weak. -- Al

Well, Sunday night should be interesting without Big Ben, not sure how we will look. Have to hope the running game goes well so that Byron is not put in a bad spot. I think he can manage a game, but not sure he can be a hero. What rotten luck to lose Ben for the Ravens, WOW.

TD

Well, Sunday night should be interesting without Big Ben, not sure how we will look. Have to hope the running game goes well so that Byron is not put in a bad spot. I think he can manage a game, but not sure he can be a hero. What rotten luck to lose Ben for the Ravens, WOW.

TD
Tom, Big Ben may be out but the Steelers still have home field which means you get to play the Road Ravens, a different team than the Home Ravens, a plus for the Steelers. We will see how the Ravens respond on the road this time. It is going to be a good game in the tradition of this rivalry, I'm sure. -- Al

TD

Ben was having a great season too; looks like the Ravens borrowed that horseshoe the Giants used last year.

Actually this game has reverse lock written all over it.

Rookie Qb RGIII had a day for the Redskins in a 31-6 win over the Eagles. Had a perfect QB rating of 158.3 on a 14 of 15 passing day with 200 yards and 4 Td's thrown. Also had 84 yards rushing to lead the team, as well. This gives him over 600 yards on the ground this season. This kid has proved to be everything advertised. He has been fun to watch and certainly gives the fans an exciting show, something that has been missing from Redskins football for a while now. His coolness under fire is very unrookie-like as is his ability to avoid interceptions. So far he has only thrown 3 interceptions in 272 pass attempts to go with his 12 Td passes. I only hope he can keep it up against Dallas.:wink2: -- Al

Ben was having a great season too; looks like the Ravens borrowed that horseshoe the Giants used last year.

Actually this game has reverse lock written all over it.

I'll take any luck/horseshoe/ the Steelers can give us:) I have never been happy about any injury for any player of any team but that's the name of the game, my Ravens are about as banged up as any team in the league.

1. Webb out..our best db on team.
2. Lewis out..still a solid tackler even though he's nowhere close to playing in past years.
3. J.Smith out...Webbs back-up at cornerback...moving on to the 3rd string now at db:mad:
4. Nagata been playing hurt since Dallas game and it shows.
5. Suggs...he may have come back to early as he has yet to really have a great game.
6. 2 starting offensive linemen hurt/playing but not at full strength.

so as bad as the Steelers have it at qb were not far removed from them from injuries overall, so I guess tonites game will be who can step up through the injuries and shuffled lineups, always a great game though, can't wait...Sammy

Almost game time, Sammy. Go Ravens. Would love to see the 'good' Flacco show up big time.:wink2: -- Al

I'll take any luck/horseshoe/ the Steelers can give us:) I have never been happy about any injury for any player of any team but that's the name of the game, my Ravens are about as banged up as any team in the league.

1. Webb out..our best db on team.
2. Lewis out..still a solid tackler even though he's nowhere close to playing in past years.
3. J.Smith out...Webbs back-up at cornerback...moving on to the 3rd string now at db:mad:
4. Nagata been playing hurt since Dallas game and it shows.
5. Suggs...he may have come back to early as he has yet to really have a great game.
6. 2 starting offensive linemen hurt/playing but not at full strength.

so as bad as the Steelers have it at qb were not far removed from them from injuries overall, so I guess tonites game will be who can step up through the injuries and shuffled lineups, always a great game though, can't wait...Sammy

Lots of injuries on both sides, but I have to tell you, missing arguably the two best players on the team on O & D (Ben and Troy), man, that hurts. As i have said all season, just happy we have gotten back to being competitive after the lousy start. As for tonight, not sure what to expect, this may just be too much to deal with, we will see. Also, Clark may not play, that may be a nail...............in coffin.

TD

Almost game time, Sammy. Go Ravens. Would love to see the 'good' Flacco show up big time.:wink2: -- Al

Hi Al, we need a good Flacco and a good defense would be nice as well for the Ravens:) got to run, some grilled cheese sandwiches and home made soup for the big game!!! doesn't take to much to excite me huh??:)...Sammy

Great game, no excuses, we had plenty of chances to win. Steelers played great D but a special teams play decided the game. Looking forward to 2 weeks from now, hopefully we solve the offense and getting the ball to the end zone. Ravens D had some big plays in last drive.

TD

Great game, no excuses, we had plenty of chances to win. Steelers played great D but a special teams play decided the game. Looking forward to 2 weeks from now, hopefully we solve the offense and getting the ball to the end zone. Ravens D had some big plays in last drive.

TD

Another Raven/Steeler hard hitting brawl, I don't care who is in the uniforms this is always the way these two teams play each other, glad to see my Ravens with a win but no style points in this one, but a win is a win...Sammy

Sammy, you are right. A win is a win, but it wasn't pretty. Offense didn't do squat. The one thing they did do well was protect the ball. No turnovers was important. With the exception of the Steelers Td at the beginning, the Raven's D played pretty well. It was a typical game between the two. -- Al

Sammy, you are right. A win is a win, but it wasn't pretty. Offense didn't do squat. The one thing they did do well was protect the ball. No turnovers was important. With the exception of the Steelers Td at the beginning, the Raven's D played pretty well. It was a typical game between the two. -- Al

Al,
it was an interesting chess match, that is for sure. One interesting note on the morning talk shows in Baltimore today is the comment regarding the Steelers D and how they out schemed the Ravens, but no turnovers (very true to your point). They were talking about how the game may have shown the league how to deal with the Ravens Passing Game (shutting down Torrie Smith and then dropping the Free Safety underneath). Basically, they were saying it may take the Ravens out of their comfort zone in the upcoming weeks as it looked like a good counter to the Ravens offensive scheme. I was chuckling a little bit as thinking that a 75 year old D Coordinator (Lebeau) at the STeelers still has it!

Again, tough game, and if the Steelers could have gotten the TD on Wallace's foot, it may have made for a more exciting 4th Qtr. IT was sort of boring to watch, but intense.

TD

Al,
it was an interesting chess match, that is for sure. One interesting note on the morning talk shows in Baltimore today is the comment regarding the Steelers D and how they out schemed the Ravens, but no turnovers (very true to your point). They were talking about how the game may have shown the league how to deal with the Ravens Passing Game (shutting down Torrie Smith and then dropping the Free Safety underneath). Basically, they were saying it may take the Ravens out of their comfort zone in the upcoming weeks as it looked like a good counter to the Ravens offensive scheme. I was chuckling a little bit as thinking that a 75 year old D Coordinator (Lebeau) at the STeelers still has it!

Again, tough game, and if the Steelers could have gotten the TD on Wallace's foot, it may have made for a more exciting 4th Qtr. IT was sort of boring to watch, but intense.

TD
Tom, Lebeau's ability to get the defensive job done doesn't surprise me at all. He is 75, but he has been NFL involved since 1959. He is one of the all-time great CB's and was an interception machine with Detroit. When you have it, you have it. I only hope for the Raven's sake that the rest of the league cannot do and see what Labeau does. I found the defensive battle a welcome break from the pin-ball like scores being put up this weekend in both the NFL and NCAA. With the exception of 2 or 3 teams, defense appears to have become a dirty word. Oh, would you please call the Steelers and have them burn those bumble bee uniforms? I kept having dizzy spells while watching the game. ^&grin I think the fact Big Ben was out was the deciding factor last night, but we will still take the win. :wink2: Looking forward to Brawl #2. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back