Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

It was at least as much fun as watching paint dry {eek3}

Good God was that boring.

Either the Steelers have an all world defense or the Ravens on the road can't score if their life depended on it.

Whatever money Flacco wants as an upcoming free agent, I'd think twice about if it I were the Ravens.

And it looked clear to me Leftwich hurt himself on that initial TD run, why they left him in is beyond me.

I read today Ben is out three weeks, which means he'll miss both Ravens.

Gee, those poor Ravens never catch a break.

Tom, Lebeau's ability to get the defensive job done doesn't surprise me at all. He is 75, but he has been NFL involved since 1959. He is one of the all-time great CB's and was an interception machine with Detroit. When you have it, you have it. I only hope for the Raven's sake that the rest of the league cannot do and see what Labeau does. I found the defensive battle a welcome break from the pin-ball like scores being put up this weekend in both the NFL and NCAA. With the exception of 2 or 3 teams, defense appears to have become a dirty word. Oh, would you please call the Steelers and have them burn those bumble bee uniforms? I kept having dizzy spells while watching the game. ^&grin I think the fact Big Ben was out was the deciding factor last night, but we will still take the win. :wink2: Looking forward to Brawl #2. -- Al

Al, the uniforms are awful, gawd awful. I get a headache myself, although last night, we were so slow on offense.....................it wasn't so bad!!! Lebeau is quite a character.

Saw Ed Reed is suspended for a game. I thought the same about Harrison last year, kind of stupid, but the rules are what they are now. He has to be real careful, if he is flagged again, that could be huge. As for upcoming week, you know Rivers is going to throw about 50 times, not sure it matters, San Diego is awful.

TD

If i may put in my 2 bobs worth the 49ers look good after the demolition of the Bears,where did there defence go.
The rookie QB looked good he has some moves.

If i may put in my 2 bobs worth the 49ers look good after the demolition of the Bears,where did there defence go.
The rookie QB looked good he has some moves.

I am also a Bears fan and that was just a total destruction. Aldon Smith, who I thought should have been rookie of the year last year, was just awesome.

I see the suspension has been waived on Reed and the fine reduced to 50,000.00.

What a joke the NFL is, this guy is a dinosaur and constantly leads with his helmet, he can't tackle anymore as his upper body is luggage, so he runs around the field like a human missile launching himself at players, Lewis does the same thing, they teach them well at the "U"now don't they?

I also saw where the NY media is ripping Belichick for having Gronkowski on the field in a blowout and getting injured; boy, they just won't let go of the fact that he stiffed the Jets when he quit as their coach will they?

At this point, the Patriots should just get their players healthy for the playoffs, I'll take my chances with a 100% healthy team vs either the Texans or the Ravens (or most likely both) in the playoffs.

Nothing and I mean nothing would make me happier than to go to Baltimore and demolish the Ravens in the playoffs, Ray Lewis would probably run onto the field after the game is over and tackle Brady; is he going to give one of those loony tunes pregame speeches too?

I see the suspension has been waived on Reed and the fine reduced to 50,000.00.

What a joke the NFL is, this guy is a dinosaur and constantly leads with his helmet, he can't tackle anymore as his upper body is luggage, so he runs around the field like a human missile launching himself at players, Lewis does the same thing, they teach them well at the "U"now don't they?

I also saw where the NY media is ripping Belichick for having Gronkowski on the field in a blowout and getting injured; boy, they just won't let go of the fact that he stiffed the Jets when he quit as their coach will they?

At this point, the Patriots should just get their players healthy for the playoffs, I'll take my chances with a 100% healthy team vs either the Texans or the Ravens (or most likely both) in the playoffs.

Nothing and I mean nothing would make me happier than to go to Baltimore and demolish the Ravens in the playoffs, Ray Lewis would probably run onto the field after the game is over and tackle Brady; is he going to give one of those loony tunes pregame speeches too?

George you may just get that wish on a playoff trip to Baltimore, demolishing my Ravens at home aint gonna happen, we gave you a gift Wrapped trip to the Superbowl last year..i.e. Evens/Cundiff but as I would love nothing better and I mean nothing better (not even beating the Steelers) to have another go at the Pats and send them home packing, lots of ball yet to play, I'm just hoping we can send a team to San Diego after another round of injuries against the Steelers...Sammy

George you may just get that wish on a playoff trip to Baltimore, demolishing my Ravens at home aint gonna happen, we gave you a gift Wrapped trip to the Superbowl last year..i.e. Evens/Cundiff but as I would love nothing better and I mean nothing better (not even beating the Steelers) to have another go at the Pats and send them home packing, lots of ball yet to play, I'm just hoping we can send a team to San Diego after another round of injuries against the Steelers...Sammy

If Cundiff made that kick, the game goes to overtime, it wasn't a game winning kick he missed.

And for the record, the Ravens should still be in Cleveland, but their carpet bagger owner moved them to Baltimore.

Just like the Colts should still be in Baltimore, but again, their carpet bagger owner moved them to Indy.

It's wrong on a number of levels that both of those storied franchises were moved in the first place.

The Browns and the Colts shouldn't be messed with, period.

My Dad was a huge Colts AND Browns fan, in his opinion there will never be another Jim Brown and there will never, ever be another Johnny Unitas.

So in reality, you should be pulling for Luck and the Colts, not Flacco and the Ravens.

If Cundiff made that kick, the game goes to overtime, it wasn't a game winning kick he missed.

And for the record, the Ravens should still be in Cleveland, but their carpet bagger owner moved them to Baltimore.

Just like the Colts should still be in Baltimore, but again, their carpet bagger owner moved them to Indy.

It's wrong on a number of levels that both of those storied franchises were moved in the first place.

The Browns and the Colts shouldn't be messed with, period.

My Dad was a huge Colts AND Browns fan, in his opinion there will never be another Jim Brown and there will never, ever be another Johnny Unitas.

So in reality, you should be pulling for Luck and the Colts, not Flacco and the Ravens.
George, if Sammy's feelings about the Colts are anything like mine, he can't root for the Indy team. The Colts were Baltimore and when the scum-bag Irsay moved the team, that was the end of it. Irsay took the team and the name but the Colts history in Baltimore ended that snowy night when Irsay snuck out of town. Even the great Johnny U severed all ties with the Indy Colts and adopted the Ravens. The Ravens may have been raided from Cleveland, but they are now Baltimore's, with new history and ties. Indy is NOT the Colts to any true Baltimore Colts fan and never will be. I find that I agree with your father's attitudes on both counts about the Browns and Colts. -- Al

George, if Sammy's feelings about the Colts are anything like mine, he can't root for the Indy team. The Colts were Baltimore and when the scum-bag Irsay moved the team, that was the end of it. Irsay took the team and the name but the Colts history in Baltimore ended that snowy night when Irsay snuck out of town. Even the great Johnny U severed all ties with the Indy Colts and adopted the Ravens. The Ravens may have been raided from Cleveland, but they are now Baltimore's, with new history and ties. Indy is NOT the Colts to any true Baltimore Colts fan and never will be. I find that I agree with your father's attitudes on both counts about the Browns and Colts. -- Al

Al,
Since you and Sammy lived through the move of the Colts to Indy and the move of the Browns to Baltimore, I'll take your word for it, if that's the way former players feel and the fans feel, then that's good enough for me.

Before Kraft bought the team, the Patriots were headed to St Louis; The St. Louis Patriots, instead the Rams moved there. Then when Kraft could not get the state of Massachusetts to kick in for a new stadium he planned on moving the team to Connecticut until an 11th hour deal was struck and they stayed in Massachusetts.

I guess in reality I'd find it hard to root for them if they left here; on the other hand, not sure how I'd feel about someone elses team coming here either, it's a messed up situation no matter how you slice it.

When I think of the Colts, I think of Memorial Stadium, Bert Jones and those great Colts teams of the mid to late 70's that couldn't get past the Raiders to get to the Super Bowl................

Not as easy as that. Owners have sued the NFL to move.

There are many teams in many sports that have moved, such as the Lakers, the Dodgers, Oakland and, yes, even the Yankees.

The Colts is just an accomplished fact so time to move on George. They got the Ravens and Cleveland got a new team. Everybody is happy. Even Brooklyn is happy. They have their own team now. The excitement that Brooklyn now has about the Nets is indescribable. They will also be getting the Islanders in a couple of years. It's just fantastic.

Getting back to football. Yes, Reed deserved the fine. You see how he lowers his body on the play. He's not exactly the brightest guy on the field. In several years he will pay the price when dementia sets in. Sad. Palomulu will probably meet the same fate.

It's also time to give it up about Ray Lewis. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time but he's one of the greatest linebackers ever and a great person off the field. Did you see the profile the NFL did on him on A Football Life? If that doesn't change your mind, nothing will. He does a lot for Baltimore.

As far as Gronk goes, it wasn't just the NY media criticizing Belichek but nationally, so relax. I'm sure he's done it before but it just bit him this time.

Brad,

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the Reed hit. I've watched the replay about 20 times, and it seems to me that it is the receiver, not Reed, who ducks his head creating the helmet to helmet contact. Reed, like most defensive backs, doesn't know a thing about tackling, and is attempting what I would describe as a "shoulder check" if you'll pardon the hockey term. He doesn't launch himself, or hit head first, the two items the league emphasized it perceived as egregious.

I happen to hate the new rules, which are legislating hitting and defense out of the game. If you really want to prevent injuries, how about a 15 yard penalty on the offense if the QB throws the ball where it makes his receiver defenseless? It is really the QB making a dangerous throw that initiates the "defenselessness" of the receiver. Frankly, for what these players are being paid, they should assume the risk, just like everyone in a normal job (many of which, like welders, iron workers, sand hogs [the guys who dig tunnels for subways and cars], or coal miners are far more dangerous and bear more life threatening consequences) does?

And while I am on my soapbox, how about taking pass interference out of the game, and going back to the rules pre-1978? Lets get back to football the way it is meant to be played, by tough guys, not prima donnas who start begging for a flag every time a pass is incomplete. I am a huge Giants fan, but Nicks and Cruz alligator-arming balls and then begging for flags makes me sick every Sunday.

The Colts is just an accomplished fact so time to move on George. They got the Ravens and Cleveland got a new team. Everybody is happy.

As far as Gronk goes, it wasn't just the NY media criticizing Belichek but nationally, so relax. I'm sure he's done it before but it just bit him this time.

Sorry Brad, but I have to disagree with you on these two points.

The Browns fans got screwed.

Not once, but twice.

After they left and became the Ravens, they won a Super Bowl and have been contenders for the crown quite a bit, a blown kick and dropped TD in the end zone not withstanding.

The fans of Cleveland got an expansion team that has never won a playoff game, so I'd hardly say "everybody is happy" over how things have turned out.

Also, as far as Belichick getting ripped over this; Gronkowski is one of the best blockers on the team, he's on the far right of the formation on both the PAT and field goal special teams, he was out of the game the entire last series, went in for the PAT and got hurt.

The NY Media and anyone else ripping him for having the guy in on special teams should probably check the facts first.

The NY Media hates the guy with a passion; they are the ones who need to relax and step away from the ledge, he won the Giants a super bowl afterall.

George,

Get your facts right. It was two SBs.

Frankly, I don't think the NY media or the national cares more about him than any other coach who was won three SBs and lost two -- boom! -- to your other favorite team. Whatever he does is going to attract attention rightly or wrongly. You seem a little obsessive about this. Must be some Boston in the shadow of the big city sort of thing (no matter the sport).

Yes, the Brown fans got a raw deal but that's modern sports economics. I'm pretty sure Cleveland fans wish they had a better team but I doubt they're obsessing like you seem to be. Brooklyn got the shaft and there's a diehard contingent that hates the Dodgers but a lot of that died when the O'Malleys sold the team. They moved on and became Yankee or Mets fans. Now that Modell is gone, literally and figuratively, I doubt most Brown fans are railing against the Ravens.

George,

Get your facts right. It was two SBs.

Frankly, I don't think the NY media or the national cares more about him than any other coach who was won three SBs and lost two -- boom! -- to your other favorite team. Whatever he does is going to attract attention rightly or wrongly. You seem a little obsessive about this. Must be some Boston in the shadow of the big city sort of thing (no matter the sport).

Yes, the Brown fans got a raw deal but that's modern sports economics. I'm pretty sure Cleveland fans wish they had a better team but I doubt they're obsessing like you seem to be. Brooklyn got the shaft and there's a diehard contingent that hates the Dodgers but a lot of that died when the O'Malleys sold the team. They moved on and became Yankee or Mets fans. Now that Modell is gone, literally and figuratively, I doubt most Brown fans are railing against the Ravens.

Geez Brad, was your turkey dry today or something?

What's with the personal attacks and the cheap shots, I wasn't personal in my post, not sure what your problem is.

Yeah, I lie awake at night obsessing about being in the shadow of the big apple.

Wow.

Oh, come on George, you can't be serious {eek3} I wrote that you seem to be obsessing about Belichek and that's a personal attack and/or cheap shot? You Boston guys seem to get all bent out of shape if someone looks sideways at him.

God, I'd hate to see what would happen if I said something really bad :wink2:

Well, I have to give credit where credit is due; Rex really had the Jets ready to go tonight, he was right all along to stick with Sanchez and not put Tebow in at any point this season, just goes to show what a great coach he is.

I mean, you don't get to back to back AFCCG's by being a lousy coach and he's proven to me he knows how to motivate his guys and get the most out of them.

When it was 49-19 Patriots, I told my girlfriend "You know, if the Jets score four more touchdowns, they are right in this thing, all it takes at that point is a field goal and they win it."

Not sure what was more hysterical; when Sanchez went to hand off to an empty backfield, tried to run, crashed into a linemans ***, fumbled and the Patriots returned it for a touchdown, or when on the kickoff after that a Jet player fumbled and the Patriots returned it for a touchdown, throw in a touchdown on the previous Patriots possession, 21 points in 52 seconds.

Just another example of how 'New York has it all over Boston and how much of a nitwit Belichick is.

105 points scored in the past two games, the most since the 1950 Rams did it................oh AND, their defense is rounding into form now as well.

Well guys i hope u guys had a nice Thanksgiving
Mine was AWSOME compliment from Brady and the boys

As far as Belicheck is concerned
my freind told me one day
When u loose everybody laught at u and
say u don't know what ur doing
When u win everybody is jealous and will nock u down
Can u guys figure out why Belicheck is so hated
Gentleman have a good evening
Maple Leaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back