Nfl 2012 season!!!! (3 Viewers)

I told most of my football buddies I thought my Ravens were going to take a *** whipping today, everything had the Texans winning big today, Raven injuries/home field/ some pay back after we knocked them out of the playoffs last year and of course the Ravens played like a JV football team:mad::mad: oh well, we have a bye next week thank God!! hope to get healthy some what and hope to figure out alot of problems, I will mention that I can't believe T. Suggs played( well) today after his injury, that's about the only bright spot in this train wreck of a game...Sammy

Bad day for the Redskins and Ravens. Ravens got massacreed and were never in the game. Flacco looked like poop. Redskins, on the other hand, played a good first half, then contracted the turnover disease. Dispite committing 3 TOs they were in a position to win until the secondary and a fourth and final turnover ended the hope. Oh well, at least I know the Redskins can hang with the SB Champs. Gave them all they could handle and RGIII looked good once again. Reason for hope. -- Al

Another week in the NFL, more mediocre games.

The Giants gave up close to 500 yards of total offense and still win; Victor Cruz on a fly pattern for the game winning score, didn't see that one coming...................:rolleyes2:............unbelievable.

The Patriots had zero business winning that game vs the Jets, they were outplayed from the start and backed into a win.

The Texans are head and shoulders above everyone else in the AFC, they demolished the second best team IMO in the AFC today, what a beat down that was, if it was a boxing match they would have stopped it, can't see any scenario where they are not representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Flacco was God awful, he needs to step up his game now that their defense is losing players every week.................................

The Jets did everything right today but win the game. They seemed to outplay the Pats in most parts of the game, except one: scoring. I will take the scoring part every time.

However, since the 49er debacle, they've looked better and better so maybe there is some hope there. I thought for sure they would get their clocks cleaned today so I was pleasantly surprised. However, everytime Sanchez is flushed out of the pocket it's cause for worry. It's been that way for awhile and today's ending only reinforced that.

Steelers eek out the win, thank God. Anybody seen the stat since 2009 about playing with and without Troy P?? Updated - WITH - 28 wins, 9 losses. WITHOUT - 9 wins 9 losses. OUCH.

Anyhow, happy to win, funny thing is we are 3 and 3, yet the 3 losses we have, we blew 4th qtr leads, go figure.

Parity - I think so b/c in my opinion, I have a really down year Steelers team here who on Defense is Jeckyl and Hyde (mostly Hyde) yet we possibly could have been 6 and 0 if the old D showed up. Do I think we are a 6 and 0 team? Certainly Not! We are what we deserve to be 3 and 3. The point is, I am not too sure after seeing any of these teams this year who is really good. Parity is the word for it.

By the way, gotta give credit to the Pats/ Jets game, quite entertaining.

Ravens - Sammy - don't get too down yet, I still think they are hard to beat at home and they will rebound. I will say actually looking forward to playing the Ravens this year, I figure with as many nagging injuries as we have , we can only get better and healthier which means we will have a shot at the Ravens assuming we can finish games like we did tonight.

TD

Agree with all your points, specifically subsitute Patriots for Steelers as the Patriots could easily be 6-0; missed a gimme game winning field goal and blew a 9 and 13 point fourth quarter lead vs the Ravens and the Seachickens.

They could/should also be 3-4 as they blew a 10 point fourth quarter lead yesterday and really had no business winning that game.

They get no pressure at all on QB's, no push up front. Their secondary is beyond terrible, made that stiff Wilson from the Seachickens look like Joe Montana two weeks ago, yesterday Sanchez threw for 327 yards against them, plus his recievers had several easy passes that they dropped...............

I was absolutely shocked that the Jets were in that game, I expected the Patriots to dominate them at home. I did, however, see the Giants barely eeking out a victory against the Red Skins. From what I can see, RGIII is the real deal. He reminds me of a cross between the passing ability of Steve Young with the greater speed, mobility and rushing ability of Michael Vick. I predicted an even higher scoring shoot out, because the Red Skins and Giants defenses are both decimated by injuries, and both offenses are clearly superior. I though it would come down to a last minute Eli Manning game winning drive, but I didn't expect the Red Skins to allow Cruz to just split a double team and run right by four defenders. I also didn't expect 4 Washington and 2 Giant turn overs, both teams have been generally much more careful with the football than that this season.

I also saw the Ravens getting beaten badly by Houston. Suggs played far better than anyone could have expected in his return, but losing Ray Lewis, one of the top 5 middle line backers of all time, and the quarterback of that defense, as well as their best, all-pro cover corner, ensured their defense would not be able to contain the potent Texans offense.

The Steelers are also a team whose defense, decimated by injuries, is having a tough time in games they should easily win if their defense were healthy.

Hi Tom. How many yards passing will Big Ben rack up against the mighty pass defense (or non-defense, if it pleases) in this weeks game? 300+? 350+? 400+? I'm betting 350+. Redskins will be lucky to still be in the game by halftime. Only way I see for them is to control the ball/clock with their running game and thus keep Big Ben off the field. Should be fun to watch for you, not so much for me. Perhaps RGIII can give you all a game, though I'll not bet actual money on it.:wink2: -- Al

Hi Tom. How many yards passing will Big Ben rack up against the mighty pass defense (or non-defense, if it pleases) in this weeks game? 300+? 350+? 400+? I'm betting 350+. Redskins will be lucky to still be in the game by halftime. Only way I see for them is to control the ball/clock with their running game and thus keep Big Ben off the field. Should be fun to watch for you, not so much for me. Perhaps RGIII can give you all a game, though I'll not bet actual money on it.:wink2: -- Al

Al,
I don't want to even predict with this nuthouse we have for a team this year!! I will say if I am the Steelers D - the first 5 plays of the game I blitz RGIII and try to knock him around and get him flustered and black and blue. If he gets off early, he will be tough to subdue.

On Offense, it all depends on penalites committed and execution. I think we should throw 50 times at least.

At the end of the day, I am a nervous one as I think it is anybody's game. I just don't have the faith in the D I used to, if I did, I would be much more confident this year. All in all, it makes for some heart stopping action here on this end, my cardiologist is going to make me refrain from watching!!!!!!!

TD

What in world are the Steelers wearing as uniforms?{eek3} Those unis should be a 14 point penalty just being on the field. The Redskins won't be able to compete with this.:tongue::rolleyes2: -- Al

I was afraid of this. Big Ben is just having a field day against our "defense". With 6:17 left in the 1st half, Big ben is 14 for 18, 143 yds, and 2 TD's. Egads.:( -- Al

Jets look as bad as a team can look. They're being seriously out coached; Dolphins successfully executed an onside kick and ultimately scored. They then blocked a punt and scored. Sanchez fumbled and that led to a TD. Currently 20-0. Critics will have a field day. This team was just not ready.

RGIII has not played badly, but his receivers sure haven't done their jobs. Absolutely the worst performance I have seen in quite a while. They have dropped 10 passes, the most in the NFL this season. Sure can't expect to sustain a drive, much less win a game with that level of incompetence. Jeesh. :mad: -- Al

The Giants blew a 23-0 lead today in Dallas, and only Dallas' 6 turnovers, resulting in 23 of the Giants 29 points, and a Dallas receiver's hand hitting the back line of the end zone on what would have been the winning touchdown for Dallas, saved them.

I will never understand the Giants receivers. Hit them in the hands with the ball on a key 3rd down situation, and they will drop it more often than not. Martellus Bennet dropped one on 3rd and 4 at the one yard line that not only hit him in the hands, when he dropped the ball it landed on his chest, and he knocked it to the ground in his haste to secure it, costing the Giants 4 points. Nicks dropped a back shoulder pass which hit him in the hands on 3rd and 4, costing the Giants another 4 points. Then, on the Giants 1st second half possession, Cruz short-armed a third down out pattern which would have entended the drive at midfield. Instead the Giants punted, and Dallas scored a touchdown to take the lead. So much talent, so much success on 1st and 2nd down, so little concentration and so many drops on 3rd down when it really counts.^&confuse

Because of all the drops, the Giants, who are not a good running team, got ultra conservative, and ran the ball on every first and second down in the third quarter, as well as several third and 3-4 yard situations, converting none of them. The Giants should only run on obvious passing downs, they are a great passing team and a poor rushing team, and can only successfully run when there are fewer than seven in the box.

Still 6-2 is way better than I expected in a first-half season that involved games vs. Dallas, at Carolina, at San Francisco, at Dallas, and versus Washington. If the Giants can manage 4-4 in the second half of the season they will win the NFC East and host a playoff game, something I did not expect when I saw they had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

RGIII has not played badly, but his receivers sure haven't done their jobs. Absolutely the worst performance I have seen in quite a while. They have dropped 10 passes, the most in the NFL this season. Sure can't expect to sustain a drive, much less win a game with that level of incompetence. Jeesh. :mad: -- Al

I think they heard the footsteps!!!!!! Seriously, not a good day for Redskins receivers, but happy with the Steelers. Slowly but surely playing better, but still a long way to go on D, we need Troy P back in a big way. Giants next, that is going to be tough.

TD

I think they heard the footsteps!!!!!! Seriously, not a good day for Redskins receivers, but happy with the Steelers. Slowly but surely playing better, but still a long way to go on D, we need Troy P back in a big way. Giants next, that is going to be tough.

TD
Tom, I'm hoping the footsteps those bums are hearing are the footsteps of Charley Taylor and Art Monk returning to the job. Even at their ages these two HoF's could outperform our current receivers.{eek3}:rolleyes2::wink2:{sm3} -- Al

Tom, I'm hoping the footsteps those bums are hearing are the footsteps of Charley Taylor and Art Monk returning to the job. Even at their ages these two HoF's could outperform our current receivers.{eek3}:rolleyes2::wink2:{sm3} -- Al

Al, this one gave me quite a chuckly, I wholeheartedly agree with you, throw in Gary Clark and you have the perfect trio.

TD

Redskins managed to lose to Carolina and looked bad doing it. The receivers dropped more passes but what really did in the Redskins was 13 bleeping penalties! Every time something got going on offense, they shot themselves in the foot. Had a couple on the defense that hurt, too. The ship has sprung a lot of leaks and the 'easy' part of the schedule is over.{eek3} Could be a long second half to the season here in DC. RGIII continues to show well with a 66.8 completion rate and has only thrown 3 interceptions and the running game is decent, but the defense is awful and the receivers are a menace. What will Shanahan do? -- Al

I know Louis isn't too happy, but for me thank goodness the Steeler D of old showed up today and saved our offense. Ben got another 4th qtr game winner but jeez, we were on the 3 a series before and couldn't put it in the end zone. Glad to get the win.

Sammy, jeez, man Flacco is so inconsistent. He missed a lot of "dink and dunk" passes today. Can you imagine how good your Ravens offense could really be with a elite QB??? Seriously I know you like Flacco, but if that were my team, I would be frustrated. However a win is a win and at the end of the day, he wins more than loses.

Should be a good game in a few weeks!

TD

Tom,

I am not upset. You cannot be upset about your team losing a football game when your house is full of guests who are staying with you because they have no power, heat or hot water in their homes.

Besides, the Giants didn't even show up. If it wasn't for a bogus pass interference call, and a bogus unnecessary roughness penalty in the end zone, the Giants wouldn't have scored a single offensive touchdown, on defense they were pathetic against the run all day, and I don't even want to discuss their special teams, which couldn't have tackled my grandmother.

Their offense was flat and predictable, Eli couldn't consistently hit his receivers, and when he did, they dropped the passes or ran the wrong pattern. The best was watching the Giants attempt to run the ball on running downs, and pass the ball on passing downs, while the Steelers obviously knew exactly what they were doing and had the perfect defense called to stuff each play. I sometimes wonder what Kevin Gilbride is thinking. And if I had a nickel for everytine I saw Hakeem Nicks or Victor Cruz aligator-arming a pass and then begging for a flag . . .

On run defense, it is plain that the Giants cannot handle a big physical offensive line , and on pass defense, they simply cannot cover anyone on short patterns. The Steelers were able to convert virtually every third down play, because the Giants were giving ridiculous cushions to the receivers. The past two weeks the Giants have looked like a different team. It seems to happen in the third-quarter of the season every year, they just go into a funk. I can only hope that after the bye-week they will be rejuvenated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back