Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

I watched the Monday nite game and just have to wonder what is it going to take for the Jets to give Tebow a fighting chance to help this team:confused: when he does come in 3-4 plays a game he usually does pretty good and you can see he brings some spirit and fight to his team mates when he does, the man proved in Denver he can win, maybe ugly sometimes but give me a guy that puts his heart in every play and I'll take those odds, Sanchez is a joke, I waited for his usual sack, fumbles/interceptions to help lose the game, as I was pulling for them big time to beat Houston!! anyway I just think old Rex needs to give Tebow more then 3 plays a game...Sammy

Tebow was brought in by the Jets to knock the 9-7 Super Bowl Champion Giants off the back page of the newspapers in the big apple. He put on about 15 pounds in the offseason, he's more like a tank than an NFL QB, he's on their punt coverage team.

He comes in and runs than rinky dink high school offense that their new offensive coordinator brought with him from
Miami. If you put Tebow in and bench Sanchez and it doesn't work, what do you do then, you can't go back to Sanchez, that would be a disaster.

Two of those INT's the other night were off of tipped balls, not his fault, plus he's got a bunch of scrubs out there as targets, they are trying every gimic in the world to jumpstart that offense.

That said, in this pass happy/let's see how many points we can score/new age NFL, he's completing less than 50% of his passes, which is God awful.

Couldn't say it any better than George.

I don't think Sanchez is a bad QB. After all he showed some talent in the Jets' first two years. I think the problem is he may not have the right coach or system. In retrospect, getting rid of Schottenheimer may not have been the best move. It also help that Rex is not a real head coach.

Look at Alex Smith. For years he floundered but then the right coach came along and -- bang! -- he's succeeding. That is what Sanchez needs: someone like Harbaugh. Neither Rex nor the harebrained GM is what Sanchez needs. The owner is also an idiot as he's headline happy. Sanchez would do better elsehwere. I'm sure Rex and Tannenbaum won't be fired but they're not the answer.

Say what you want about Mangini. He was a failure as a coach but the Jets owe a lot of their success in Rex's first two years to the players he selected, which included Revis, Brad Smith (no longer with the team, unfortunately), D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, and Dustin Keller among others.

Couldn't say it any better than George.

I don't think Sanchez is a bad QB. After all he showed some talent in the Jets' first two years. I think the problem is he may not have the right coach or system. In retrospect, getting rid of Schottenheimer may not have been the best move. It also help that Rex is not a real head coach.

Look at Alex Smith. For years he floundered but then the right coach came along and -- bang! -- he's succeeding. That is what Sanchez needs: someone like Harbaugh. Neither Rex nor the harebrained GM is what Sanchez needs. The owner is also an idiot as he's headline happy. Sanchez would do better elsehwere. I'm sure Rex and Tannenbaum won't be fired but they're not the answer.

Say what you want about Mangini. He was a failure as a coach but the Jets owe a lot of their success in Rex's first two years to the players he selected, which included Revis, Brad Smith (no longer with the team, unfortunately), D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, and Dustin Keller among others.

A quarterback is only as good as the talent around him; his first two years in the league, he had talent around him and got to back to back AFCCG's, he has nothing around him now.

In 2006 people here were screaming about Brady not having a good year; they got to the AFCCG with mickey mouse talent around him and blew the game after being up 21-3.

In 2007, they brought in Moss, Stallworth and Welker and they went 16-0, blowing the Super Bowl to the 10-6 Champion Giants.

Sanchez with talent around him will be fine.........

Titans over the Steelers last night. Sure didn't see that one coming. -- Al

I don't want to sound like a ungrateful fan and lots of teams wish they were 5-1, but if my Ravens don't find a defense and I mean soon that record will drop real quick with the teams we have coming up:mad: again I'm glad the offense is working and 5-1 is a great record, but once again we give up tons of yards and have to wait to the last seocnd for a win, Texans next week then a bye, I'm just preying Suggs can make it back soon...Sammy

Good day for the Ravens, even though Dallas outplayed them, they managed to win and coupled with the losses by the Steelers and Bengals, are in pretty good shape in the division. Good day for RGIII and the Skins, too. Beat a good Viking team and put up a lot of points. RGIII looked REALLY good, running and passing the Skins to the win. With Dallas and the Eagles both losing, the Skins are back in the division race. All in all, a good day for the local teams. -- Al

Just goes to show you there is no point trying to predict NFL games:

I didn't think there was any way the Giants could go into San Francisco and beat the 49ers. I was sure the niners would be able to run the ball down the Giants throat all day, and kill the beat up Giants secondary with play action passes. After all, the Giants could barely contain the lowly Browns running game, and had no sacks against the Browns. Of course, to my surprise, the Giants win 26 to 3, stuff the run all day,pick off 3 passes and sack Smith 6 times.

Then I picked the Eagles to beat the Lions (wrong again), the Cardinals to beat the Bills (ditto), and, who foresaw the outcome of the Thursday Night game? Plus, I thought the Texans would handle the struggling Packers at home. Oh, and who, picking against the spread, didn't figure the Falcons wouldn't cover against the Raiders (it took a last second field goal to save them from losing outright).

Oh, and I won the office pool last week, picking 11 games correctly. I'll be lucky if I picked 6 correctly this week.

After being down 24-0, Denver has outscored the Chargers 35 zip.

The NFL is beyond mediocre this year.

The Falcons are 6-0 and nobody even noticed.

The Texans got smoked at home and the 5-1 Ravens defense is falling apart right before my eyes, Lewis is out for the year, they'll have to score 40 points a game at this point.

Mediocre is the word.

After being down 24-0, Denver has outscored the Chargers 35 zip.

The NFL is beyond mediocre this year.

The Falcons are 6-0 and nobody even noticed.

The Texans got smoked at home and the 5-1 Ravens defense is falling apart right before my eyes, Lewis is out for the year, they'll have to score 40 points a game at this point.

Mediocre is the word.

yea...I turned it off before halftime and cursed your name for not listening to you...turned it back on when the Charger's fumble was recovered for a touchdown and watched the River's meltdown from then on...River's reminds me of Cutler...unstoppable at times and can't get started at others...Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde...

Good day for the Ravens, even though Dallas outplayed them, they managed to win and coupled with the losses by the Steelers and Bengals, are in pretty good shape in the division. Good day for RGIII and the Skins, too. Beat a good Viking team and put up a lot of points. RGIII looked REALLY good, running and passing the Skins to the win. With Dallas and the Eagles both losing, the Skins are back in the division race. All in all, a good day for the local teams. -- Al
When I wrote the above, I didn't know that Lewis had been lost for the season. This particular developement is very bad news for the Raven's defense, which has been less than steller this year. It is going to be hard for the Raven's to make up the loss of Lewis but it is something they have dealt with before.
I just looked at the standings after reading George's post about mediocrity. To further his point, 16 of the 32 teams are either at .500 or within a win or loss of being .500. The whole AFC East is at 3-3. It appears that the great dream of parity (mediocrity) has indeed been achieved at this point in the season. Even the one undefeated team, Atlanta at 6-0, hasn't been overpowering with 4 of their victories being of the close, one score either way type. Going to be real interesting to see how the rest of this plays out and whether anyone can really seperate, other than Houston and Atlanta, who are both in weak divisions. Six divisions seem headed for a 'last man standing' type of scenario. I include Baltimore in this because one can't ever count out the Steelers and the Baltimore defense is now under real stress. -- Al

When I wrote the above, I didn't know that Lewis had been lost for the season. This particular developement is very bad news for the Raven's defense, which has been less than steller this year. It is going to be hard for the Raven's to make up the loss of Lewis but it is something they have dealt with before.
I just looked at the standings after reading George's post about mediocrity. To further his point, 16 of the 32 teams are either at .500 or within a win or loss of being .500. The whole AFC East is at 3-3. It appears that the great dream of parity (mediocrity) has indeed been achieved at this point in the season. Even the one undefeated team, Atlanta at 6-0, hasn't been overpowering with 4 of their victories being of the close, one score either way type. Going to be real interesting to see how the rest of this plays out and whether anyone can really seperate, other than Houston and Atlanta, who are both in weak divisions. Six divisions seem headed for a 'last man standing' type of scenario. I include Baltimore in this because one can't ever count out the Steelers and the Baltimore defense is now under real stress. -- Al

Al,
It's amazing to be honest, as in amazingly mediocre. Two teams in the AFC at this point are over 500, Houston and the Ravens, both are 5-1 and to be honest, neither team is close to elite in my opinion.

The Patriots, in a word stink right now, they allowed some ham and egger 31st rated passer to torch them for two touchdowns on Sunday in the last 6 minutes and blow the game, their secondary is as bad as it gets, teams are either completing long passes on them or getting long PI penalties.

They are going nowhere this year, might not even win the division.

In the NFC, you've got the Giants and the Falcons and like you said, the Falcons don't wow me and the Giants, well they're the Giants, what can I say.

Be ready for a number of 9-7 and 8-8 teams being in the playoffs this year, maybe a 7-9 team or two as well...................

Interesting that Peyton Manning misses a season, changes teams, and doesn't seem to have missed a beat. The Denver comeback, down 24 at the half to win 35-24, was quite remarkable. ESPN says it's the first time Manning has overcome a 24 point deficit. Kind of scary to think what Denver might be able to do once Manning has everyone on the same page with the offense. Maybe Denver will not miss Tebow, after all.:wink2: -- Al

The Patriots, in a word stink right now, they allowed some ham and egger 31st rated passer to torch them for two touchdowns on Sunday in the last 6 minutes and blow the game, their secondary is as bad as it gets, teams are either completing long passes on them or getting long PI penalties.

They are going nowhere this year, might not even win the division.

Looks like Brady has been hanging around Rex too long. He told some Seahawk players to come to see him after the game if they beat the Pats. Sure enough they did and Richard Sherman razzed him, saying "You mad bro?" Brady didn't have that much to say, except to lamely say that "he's a very good player and I have a lot of respect for that defense and certainly that secondary. They play very well together. My dad taught me at a young age to play with class and respect and give my opponents respect, and certainly I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks".

Brady.jpg

I sent the "U mad bro" to George yesterday...

knowing full well that he was probably already aware of it...as I know George...he is a devoted NE sports fan...he watched the game (as I didn't) and was just seeking his opinion or comments he may have heard over his local sports radio...

Sherman...as Brady are both talented atheletes...but I see Brady as much more of a class act...yes...he was fed "humble pie"...following his comment of "see me after the game"...but I believe if they meet again in the future...which is unlikely...as it would be a Superbowl match...and I don't see Seattle representing the NFC...Sherman would probably get a slice of his own...

I'm not a fan of the word "mediocore"...as I don't think any of the several upper echelon teams are mediocore...I much prefer the word "parity"...as I have watched "talent loaded" teams in the past dominate the league and playoffs...in my opinion...it's kind of refreshing that I may not have to see the "usual suspects" monopolize the playoffs this year...

in the NFC...the Giants are an amazingly talented team...on both sides of the ball...not lacking in confidence or ability...Eli seems unfazed by knockdowns...interceptions...climate or adversity...he can orchestrate come backs when needed as they have proven this year and last year...that with their defense makes them a threat...I think they would be the odds on favorite to represent the NFC...not excluding Atalnta which I don't feel has been tested this year or San Francisco which may be the most opportunistic team in the entire NFL coupled with their defense...I think Arizona and Chicago are pretenders...

in the AFC...I would hardly count NE out of the Championship game at 3-3 this early in the season...even with a porous secondary...I think Brady can still outscore most teams and has the experience of confidence...

River's is too wild and gets frustrated too quickly...he reminds me of Cutler...and while Flacco has improved greatly...Baltimore can't stop the run...Dallas had two running backs this week that ran over 90 yards apiece on them...now with Lewis gone...their "heart and soul" motivator...I think they may wilt some...Peyton seems to be returning to his past form...the only reason they started off so deep in the hole last night was their two early turnovers near their red zone...Pittsburg seems to be lost if Polamalu is on the bench...so that leaves Houston in my opinion...even with the egg they laid Sunday against GB at home...I expect them to win at home against Baltimore this week...

I'm not here to argue or offend anyone...but right now...

I think the favorites for February are Houston or NE versus the Giants or SF...

I would like to see Houston and SF...but will probably see Houston and NY...

Looks like Brady has been hanging around Rex too long. He told some Seahawk players to come to see him after the game if they beat the Pats. Sure enough they did and Richard Sherman razzed him, saying "You mad bro?" Brady didn't have that much to say, except to lamely say that "he's a very good player and I have a lot of respect for that defense and certainly that secondary. They play very well together. My dad taught me at a young age to play with class and respect and give my opponents respect, and certainly I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks".

View attachment 108019

Actually Brad the full story is Sherman was running his mouth the whole game, so Brady made that comment to him.

I read some of Shermans Tweets; this boob with an IQ two above plant life graduated from Stanford?

Really?

I guess in reality he's got every right to run his mouth as afterall, the Seahawks have won what, three Super Bowls?

No; must be two then right?

Ok, then one?

No, none.

Stay classy Seachickens.

If the mediocrity is boring come on over to the UFC fellas........lots of excitement there....and a family friendly movie just came out too :wink2:

A lot of folks talk about the mediocrity but we are still talking about the same dominant teams we could have talked about in 1990- Giants, swap the Bills and Pats, 49ers, etc. I think the winning organizations are there if the records arent.

I dont think Lewis will let this season pass him by. I say we see 52 roaming around by week 12.

Falcons are kind of like the NFC's Chiefs- do great in regular season then collapse in playoffs.

I think the verdict will be in on the Cowboys in 2 more weeks. I am still hoping Aikman decides to come back {sm4}

Otherwise, I still think Arizona has a great shot from the NFC.

Well, whaddya know, Terrell Suggs is suddenly healthy enough to return for the Ravens. {sm5}

I dont think Lewis will let this season pass him by. I say we see 52 roaming around by week 12.

Based upon a few players last year suffering this type of injury, like Mario Williams, they don't come back until the following years. In addition, if he's been placed on IR (no idea if he has), I don't believe you can come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back