Nfl 2012 season!!!! (6 Viewers)

Cundiff nails a 41 yard field goal with 3 seconds left to win it for the Redskins; good for that kid, he's taken enough abuse over what happened last season.

Congrats Al...................

What's his name? I'll call Rex tomorrow.

Rex looks good out there, he's lost a lot of weight, good for him.

Funny to read some of the threads on JetsInsider saying it's time for him to go; back to back AFCCG appearances are a distant memory to some of those people I guess..........

Cundiff nails a 41 yard field goal with 3 seconds left to win it for the Redskins; good for that kid, he's taken enough abuse over what happened last season.

Congrats Al...................
Thanks, George. The Skins got lucky to be in a position to win after playing like slugs the whole second half. This was the first bad game Cundiff has had for us and I was holding my breath but he came through just fine. Once again it has been proved that you can't afford to give a pro Qb any time left on the clock or he will find a way to win against the sorry pass defenses that the NFL has mandated with all the pro-pass rules that are in place. RG3 has done well through 4 games.^&cool
Saw what the Pats did to the Bills. Kind of impressive run, with 6 straight Td's. Pats look as dangerous as ever. -- Al

I got a real strong feeling that if the Jets dont turn things around, Rex is gone....still a lot of games to play till then though.

The Cards almost lost perfection against Miami yesterday- the Dolphins seem really inconsistent this year- they either play tough teams tough or loose ones where you feel like they should win.

Cowboys tonight against Da Bears- Dallas takes it tonight by 4.

The Jets have gone -- and are still going -- completely backwards since Rex's second year. That was their year and they could have -- not going to say should have -- beaten the Steelers. At any rate, it's been downhill since then.

Last year he admitted that he had no idea what the offense was doing and always claims to be a great defensive coach. Hello? You're the coach of the whole team. Do you hear Belicheck saying he's a great defensive coach? No, plus the defense stinks now.

I think Sanchez looks worse than last year. Perhaps Sparano was the wrong choice or maybe Sanchez is not in the right system or doesn't have the right coach. This is not necessarily a copout. Alex Smith looked as bad as Sanchez until last year when he got the right coach and the results have been startling.

I don't think Rex will be fired because the owner loves him but I think if they go 4-12, 5-11, whatever, they should clean house, again. The first one fired should be that moron Tannebaum, the GM, who built this pathetic collection.

The Lions had their brief moment in the sun last year...they are back to being the Lions of old. They played with no heart at all yesterday. Four kick returns for touchdowns in 2 games? I feel a special teams coach on may have a foot in his posterior.

To their credit, the Vikings took advantage and won. Ponder does just enough to win. Adrian Peterson is just a beast! 9 months after kneww surgery he runs people over. Scary good! Never...never thought we'd be 3-1!

The Lions had their brief moment in the sun last year...they are back to being the Lions of old. They played with no heart at all yesterday. Four kick returns for touchdowns in 2 games? I feel a special teams coach on may have a foot in his posterior.

To their credit, the Vikings took advantage and won. Ponder does just enough to win. Adrian Peterson is just a beast! 9 months after kneww surgery he runs people over. Scary good! Never...never thought we'd be 3-1!
I was waiting for you to post about the Vikes. Great story. Glad to see Peterson is back and going strong. Congratulations on your teams great start. -- Al

TD
Life long Steeler fan here, I think this might turn out to be an ugly season. Lets hope for the best. Chester

Again, I hate to admit it for the same reasons of lifelong fandom and just not use to mediocrity in my lifetime. I think the age may have finally caught us on defense. We still have some younger beasts (Timmons and Woodley) but the others are older and as we see more susceptible to injury. Lebeaux is a great D coach and I don't necessarily think the schemes are stale or predictable, I just think his "horses" or charges cant keep up like they could. Steelers D was all about out-talenting, out-hustling and outplaying the other team, in other words, we don't care if you know what we are going to do, we are just bigger, stronger and faster and will beat you with our D. Unfortunately, the horsepower is running low out there this year.

Just my opinion, hopefully we will be competitive.

TD

Just have the Steelers play the Jets all season and they will be fine!

Monday night against the Texans should be U-G-L-Y!

Just have the Steelers play the Jets all season and they will be fine!

Monday night against the Texans should be U-G-L-Y!

Biggest reverse lock of the weekend.

The Jets will win this game.

And then Rex will take the podium, start blubbering about how he believed his team could win, was sorry he was so hard on them last week after they got demolished by the 49ers, how he still believes in his heart this is a Super Bowl team even without Revis and Holmes.

Write it down.

In pen.

Biggest reverse lock of the weekend.

The Jets will win this game.

And then Rex will take the podium, start blubbering about how he believed his team could win, was sorry he was so hard on them last week after they got demolished by the 49ers, how he still believes in his heart this is a Super Bowl team even without Revis and Holmes.

Write it down.

In pen.

I'm usually not much of a betting man, but I would put good money that the Texans win this one pretty handily . . . but then again, I would have bet the 49ers would beat the Vikings a couple of weeks ago, and we all know how that turned out!{eek3}

George,

Whatever you're drinking or smoking, could you send it down to me, what with the week I'm having. Thanks, 'bro ^&grin

Brad

George,

Whatever you're drinking or smoking, could you send it down to me, what with the week I'm having. Thanks, 'bro ^&grin

Brad

History shows when a team gets waxed as badly as the Jets did this past week, they bounce back the following week.

Sort of like in baseball when a team stomps another 17-1, then goes out the next night and loses 1-0.

Didn't think the Cards were for real. Losing to the Rams. Who do the Cards think they are? The Redskins?:rolleyes2: -- Al

Didn't think the Cards were for real. Losing to the Rams. Who do the Cards think they are? The Redskins?:rolleyes2: -- Al

I actually picked the Rams to upset the Cards straight up in my office pool this week. As bad as they looked against the Dolphins last week, I figured they were ripe for a loss. I also picked San Diego to lose at New Orleans. The Chargers have beaten no one, and the Saints, at home, will be playing angry football this week.

I think the Cards are a really good team who could peel off 10-12 wins and do well in the postseason. Clearly they are giving up too many sacks- the Flippin Dolphins got Kolb 8 times last Sunday!!! If Miami can get 8 then pass rushes like NY's or GB's will be in the double digits by halftime. They gotta come up with some better blocking schemes and get Kolb to get rid of the ball a little sooner.

The Rams are playing with some attitude. Fisher has done wonders and dealing the draft pick brought in some guys who can play. I think they only get better as season goes on and could be trouble in the playoffs.

The Giants are winning by two touchdowns in the 4th Quarter, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset, but these regular refs are no better than the replacements. They have blown several spots and two obvious pass interference penalties, one of which cost the Giants an interception. This crew of officials stinks on ice!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back