Nfl 2012 season!!!! (2 Viewers)

Glad I could make you laugh, it's only sports in the end now isn't it, the events of last Friday make this stuff so meaningless IMO.

The guy has the goofiest throwing motion I've ever seen, he throws line drives, not passes, no air under the ball at all, he throws darts out there.

There is no way this team beats Frankenforehead in Denver.

Not going to happen and if it does, the Texans will be waiting, pissed off over that *** kicking they got here last week............
Colin Cucumber is good but Frankinforehead? Priceless.^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin -- Al

Glad I could make you laugh, it's only sports in the end now isn't it, the events of last Friday make this stuff so meaningless IMO.

The guy has the goofiest throwing motion I've ever seen, he throws line drives, not passes, no air under the ball at all, he throws darts out there.

Not going to happen and if it does, the Texans will be waiting, pissed off over that *** kicking they got here last week............

Hey, don't forget about my Ravens!!:):) I thought I would treat you to a laugh to George, being the comedy show that the Raven offense put on yesterday:mad: a stat I saw earlier today, flacco owns the 1st and 2nd worst qb rating in a single game this year:) not sure what his plan is for that big contract but he had better turn it around over the next few games or it may just show up with a few zeros missing on the end of it...Sammy

Yes, it's only sports and we all need diversions from some of the ugliness that surrounds us and shows us its ugly head now and then.

I disagree about the Pats. Now, I don't see every game and you will know better than me but I was impressed with how Brady was throwing his body around. At the time when he stopped it from being 14-0, I thought that might be the play that changed the game.

Colin Cucumber is good but Frankinforehead? Priceless.^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin -- Al

Al, you could show movies on Mannings forehead...........:wink2:

I'm getting sick of the Patriots getting torched by rookie QBs like Wilson and Cucumber too by the way.

Yes, it's only sports and we all need diversions from some of the ugliness that surrounds us and shows us its ugly head now and then.

I disagree about the Pats. Now, I don't see every game and you will know better than me but I was impressed with how Brady was throwing his body around. At the time when he stopped it from being 14-0, I thought that might be the play that changed the game.

Manning is getting better week by week, he is going to slice and dice this team in the second round of the playoffs.

It's going to be ugly.

Brady made a decent play on that INT, he made up for a horrible pass into double coverage.

For probably the last time this year, I need to bring some Vikings love. Who ever thought that we would sit in the 6th playoff spot with 2 games to go?? I was hoping for 5 wins this year, but AP has willed his way to this slot.

You guys think Flacco is bad...I'll trade him for Ponder any day of the week (and twice on Sundays). The Vikings win when the defense or special teams score. It's sad when on 3rd and long our best play is to hand it to AP...he has a chance of breaking ANY play for a long one. Ponder...not so much.

A few weeks ago our 2 minute drill was all about handing the ball off as many times as we could. Sad, really.

Now we face the Texans and Packers. It was fun while it lasted.

wow...I really feel sorry for the Jet's fans...

that was a tough game to watch...

has the whole year been like that...

first time I have caught the Jets on national coverage all year...

Sanchez is really bad...and he made some really bad decisions...

but that last interception into triple coverage to tie the game...

what a really poor choice with any hope of a post-season hanging in the balance...

Yes, Mike, the whole year has been one downward spiral culminating in tonight. The coaches and Sanchez are not a good fit and I don't know what can be done to fix it. Sanchez is not major league. On the post-game show Steve Young was brutally honest, saying Sanchez has broken down.

I frankly don't know where they go from here.

Yes, Mike, the whole year has been one downward spiral culminating in tonight. The coaches and Sanchez are not a good fit and I don't know what can be done to fix it. Sanchez is not major league. On the post-game show Steve Young was brutally honest, saying Sanchez has broken down.

I frankly don't know where they go from here.

Brad...I feel your pain...I'm a Dallas Cowboy's fan...sometimes...most times...they are painful to watch...season after season...I'm disappointed...I know how you feel...I'm not sure if it's the coach's fault in the Jet's case...Sanchez makes way too many daring decisions...he makes Romo look cautious...if that's possible...

at the end of the day...remember...it's just a game...you will still eat...sleep and function...

it's just a game...

I also watched the Jets last night and saw how bad Sanchez was. Why hasn't Tebow been given a chance? How can things get any worse at the Qb position just by giving Tebow a shot? I suppose he might get a chance now that the Jets have been eliminated but if Tebow performs and gets some results, it will make the coaching staff look really stupid, so maybe Tebow won't get a shot.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I also watched the Jets last night and saw how bad Sanchez was. Why hasn't Tebow been given a chance? How can things get any worse at the Qb position just by giving Tebow a shot? I suppose he might get a chance now that the Jets have been eliminated but if Tebow performs and gets some results, it will make the coaching staff look really stupid, so maybe Tebow won't get a shot.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Because he stinks, that's why. Getting Tebow was the owner's idea but Rex doesn't really want any part of him. However, having Tebow here has really screwed up Sanchez so he's looking over his shoulder. If you want to play a backup, play McElroy. He did a creditable job a few weeks ago.

Part of the problem is Rex knows no more about offense than I do and that's not saying much. Sparano, the offensive coordinator, isn't much better. A typical example was in the first half. Sanchez got briefly on a roll and they got two first downs on consecutive plays. Then they bring in Tebow. Idiocy. Sanchez is getting into a rhythm and they screw it up. You should have heard Steve Young and Trent Dilfer criticize the organization and the play calling. They were right on target. Rex and Sparano have no sense for flow of the game. A prime example was bringing in Tebow for a series of downs. What the hell was that about? Just strange. This morning Boomer Esiason said that they have screwed up Sanchez so much that he might be a lost cause.

That is what I meant by coaching. These coaches don't seem to be the right ones for Sanchez or vice versa. A case in point is Alex Smith. The guy was lost until Harbaugh became the coach and bang the guy has a good season. He was obviously the right coach for Smith. Rex is not. They need a real offensive coordinator. Someone like Norv. Of course, Rex insulted Norv last year so that likelihood is nil. If you got someone like Norv in here maybe he can fix Sanchez.

However, the first thing they need to do is get rid of Tebow. He has no business being here and he's totally worthless.

Because he stinks, that's why. Getting Tebow was the owner's idea but Rex doesn't really want any part of him. However, having Tebow here has really screwed up Sanchez so he's looking over his shoulder. If you want to play a backup, play McElroy. He did a creditable job a few weeks ago.

Part of the problem is Rex knows no more about offense than I do and that's not saying much. Sparano, the offensive coordinator, isn't much better. A typical example was in the first half. Sanchez got briefly on a roll and they got two first downs on consecutive plays. Then they bring in Tebow. Idiocy. Sanchez is getting into a rhythm and they screw it up. You should have heard Steve Young and Trent Dilfer criticize the organization and the play calling. They were right on target. Rex and Sparano have no sense for flow of the game. A prime example was bringing in Tebow for a series of downs. What the hell was that about? Just strange. This morning Boomer Esiason said that they have screwed up Sanchez so much that he might be a lost cause.

That is what I meant by coaching. These coaches don't seem to be the right ones for Sanchez or vice versa. A case in point is Alex Smith. The guy was lost until Harbaugh became the coach and bang the guy has a good season. He was obviously the right coach for Smith. Rex is not. They need a real offensive coordinator. Someone like Norv. Of course, Rex insulted Norv last year so that likelihood is nil. If you got someone like Norv in here maybe he can fix Sanchez.

However, the first thing they need to do is get rid of Tebow. He has no business being here and he's totally worthless.
Given, Tebow may not be the right guy for the Jets, but I'm not convinced he's worthless. He did ok by Denver last year. But the Jets, as you say, need more than what a Qb can do. Be careful what you wish for in terms of Norv Turner. We had him here in DC for 7 years and got that 'Norv's an offensive genius' stuff crammed down out throats to the tune of a 49-59-1 regular season record with just a 1-1 playoff record in 1 year, 1999. Away from DC, Norv is a .500 coach. He just doesn't win consistently and I see no reason why he would improve in NY. He might make the Jets respectable, but I have serious doubts he can take a team all the way. The one good thing about Turner is he would do better than Ryan and he will probably be available, soon. -- Al

Given, Tebow may not be the right guy for the Jets, but I'm not convinced he's worthless. He did ok by Denver last year. But the Jets, as you say, need more than what a Qb can do. Be careful what you wish for in terms of Norv Turner. We had him here in DC for 7 years and got that 'Norv's an offensive genius' stuff crammed down out throats to the tune of a 49-59-1 regular season record with just a 1-1 playoff record in 1 year, 1999. Away from DC, Norv is a .500 coach. He just doesn't win consistently and I see no reason why he would improve in NY. He might make the Jets respectable, but I have serious doubts he can take a team all the way. The one good thing about Turner is he would do better than Ryan and he will probably be available, soon. -- Al

Al,

He's a terrible QB. There's just no other way to slice it. I'm not talking Norv about the HC but as the Offensive Coordinator. As an OC, he will be much in demand.

Al,

He's a terrible QB. There's just no other way to slice it. I'm not talking Norv about the HC but as the Offensive Coordinator. As an OC, he will be much in demand.
Norv may do alright back in as OC. He would be able to concentrate his talent that way. It might be asking a lot of him to go back to OC after being HC for so many years. Might not sit right. Hmm. Pride or paycheck? We shall see. -- Al

Sanchez is nothing more than a west coast prima-donna, best suited to the tabloids and who he is dating lately. Not for an NFL football team. His head is where the next celebrity party is at and not learning how to improve his game. Forget Tebo being a " threat ", since the Jets have refused to use him most of the year. The only competition to Sanchez is his fractured ego on how good he thought he was, and really is not..After 4 years, this is his game and we now know he is a servicable backup at best and not a play maker..Michael

Al,

Thats a bit strong isn't it? I am no Fla Gator fan but he had quite the college career. Won one ( almost two) Heisman trophy and a national championship. Led his team through deed and word. Was a tough and dominant force on the field. He clearly knows how to win football games, which is the QBs main job, IMO.

He may not represent the NFLs prototype of a QB as far as what a drop back passers skill sets should be. I get that. But ANYONE who can be starting QB at the major college level, compete ferociously in the toughest conference in the nation (SEC) and win a Heisman trophy clearly does not deserve the "terrible" label. Frankly, if I could ever be that "bad" at a sport I'd be **** thrilled!

He was a very effective college QB because of the offense they ran but a pro QB he is not. One thing he is though is a model citizen. If someone could teach him to throw he'd be a world beater.

The Jets have benched Sanchez for the rest of the season and the new QB is McElroy. Rex wants nothing to do with Tebow.

The Florida Gators offense while Tebow was there;

First Down; run off tackle, four yard gain.
Second Down; Tebow back to pass, throws it into the stands, incomplete.
Third Down; Tebow, back to pass, no one open, he jukes, jives, spins, girates, cartwheels, breaks nine tackles, fall forward, FIRST DOWN GATORS!!!

Bringing him to New York was a moronic, boneheaded idea, they ruined Sanchez, he looked horrific last night, totally lost, like a ball in tall grass.

They can't bring either one of them back next year, Tebow looks like linebacker out there, not a QB and what's with all this wildcat nonsense, all it does is take Sanchez out of his game, that is a rinky dink high school offense, you're not fooling anyone with that crap.

And Rex should be gone too; him writing checks with his mouth that the team could not cash caught up to him, he went from New York media darling ("I'm not here to kiss Belichicks........................rings") to probably out on his enormous rear end.

His high water mark was coming to Foxboro in the 2010 playoffs and knocking off the 14-2 Patriots. Had they gone on to the Super Bowl and won it, they'd have built a life sized statue of Rex in front of the stadium, not sure where they would have found that much bronze though.

His problem was he thought he DID win the Super Bowl after that win, they got smoked by the Steelers in the AFCCG and it's been downhill ever since, two back to back non playoff appearances, it's time for Rex to go.

The Jets have to rebuild now, it's back to the drawing board for them.

The Florida Gators offense while Tebow was there;

First Down; run off tackle, four yard gain.
Second Down; Tebow back to pass, throws it into the stands, incomplete.
Third Down; Tebow, back to pass, no one open, he jukes, jives, spins, girates, cartwheels, breaks nine tackles, fall forward, FIRST DOWN GATORS!!!

Bringing him to New York was a moronic, boneheaded idea, they ruined Sanchez, he looked horrific last night, totally lost, like a ball in tall grass.

now now I just looked up his career college stats. Over 9000 yds passing. 88 TD passes vs 16 interceptions. 66% completion percentage. Meanwhile he ran for 3000 yds and 57 TDs.

Again, he wasn't playing in the kiddie leagues. The Sec is as big time as it gets in college. I remember hoe Doug flutie was panned for not being nfl size. He did ok.

If I were a coach I'd find someway to use Tebow on the field. It can't be argued he isn't one heck of a football player.m

No ones said the SEC isn't a tough league. Actually, it's probably the best but try as you might the guy is not a pro QB and he's not playing against cream puff opposition like half a team's schedule is in college football. The fact that no team wants him and that the Jets passed over him to have the third string QB start Sunday speaks volumes. Last year John Fox, the coach of the Broncos, had to re-design the offense to take advantage of his abilities. Yet they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

If you ask any expert, they'll say the guy is just not a pro QB: he can't throw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back