Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

I haven't a clue Al, you would think with those stats the Skins would have any tie -breaking situations?? what I'm surprised to see is how many commentators are picking Dallas?? it's like a done deal Dallas wins Sunday nite, sorry I see the Skins winning a close one at home, Dallas sucks when it comes getting close to the playoffs and the Skins have no baggage for along time when it comes to the playoffs, I think Robert G. will play great and will do just enough to knock the Cowboys out...Sammy
It is going to be an old fashioned Dallas-Washington shootout/rivalry and should be great fun. Weather report for Sunday is partly cloudy and COLD, for DC. Maybe the warm weather Cowboys will come out with the same result as the 1967 Green Bay-Dallas NFL Championship game, aka 'the Ice Bowl'. We in DC will hope so, anyway. RGIII is feeling better than last week and hopefully the Skins defensive secondary will come up big against Romo. Our running game is going to be the key. -- Al

Last edited:
Hi George, I know how you feel about the Giants..............

Sammy,

To put it in military terms, think Prussians vs the French, North vs the South, Germans vs the Russians.

Those are mild compared to how I feel about the Giants.

It is going to be an old fashioned Dallas-Washington shootout/rivalry and should be great fun. Weather report for Sunday is partly cloudy and COLD, for DC. Maybe the warm weather Cowboys will come out with the same result as the 1967 Green Bay-Dallas NFL Championship game, aka 'the Ice Bowl'. We in DC will hope so, anyway. RGIII is feeling better than last week and hopefully the Skins defensive secondary will come up big against Romo. Our running game is going to be the key. -- Al

Al...you're welcome...

it's a long time rivalry for sure...they should both let it all hang out...not leaving anything in the tank...

or as we say on the weekend..."whatever you do...don't putt short"...

it should be a good watch...

Dallas is so vulnerable...the only time they play good is when they are down 14 points...I can count their leads this season on one hand...

we are decimated with injuries...we have no secondary...no offensive line...no blocking...

even Ryan said last week...that on defense...he hasn't even learned the names of the new batch of replacement players yet...as they are brought in so often...

if Dallas ever gets a lead in the scoring...it will be in the last few minutes of the game...

they are NOTORIOUSLY SLOW STARTERS!!!

For the Redskin fans out there, on this HUGE game day:
Hail to the Redskins,
Hail victory,
Braves on the warpath,
Fight for old D.C.
Boy, it sure is fun to be relevent again.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Honestly, I can't see the Skins losing today.

Maybe not so honest as I attended George Washington University (let's go Colonials) and lived in Arlington until I went to law school :wink2:

Things got a bit chippy at church this morning...but then again, it's always like that on Packer-Viking day!

Next week quite a few folks will have lost their bet and have to come in the 'other' jersey.

Frankly, I don't think the Vikes have a chance today...but that's what I said last week about their game in Houston. Hope springs eternal (at least for a few more hours).

SKOL VIKINGS!

I think they have a good shot today, without any divine intervention :wink2:

It's basically them vs. the Bears for the last playoff spot. If Vikes win, it's all over and even if they lose and Bears lose, they'll still be in.

I can't see the G men winning. Today is a very blustery day in NY, wind gusts of up to 50 mph, which means you need to run the ball. If Eagles can run with McCoy, game over. My mother has a better chance of stopping the run than the Giants do. They basically took a year off and now they'll be out.

Looks like Giants' goose is cooked as Bears are beating the Lions at the half.

Judging by the scores and the poor showing by so many play-off bound teams, I'm guessing a lot of regular starters saw very limited action for teams that have already clinched. I know that's what happened to Baltimore. Houston and Atlanta better hope that's the reason for their performances, even though their starting Qb's seemed to have played the whole game. -- Al

Vikes and Pats both looking good at the half. I have to say that the Colts have been the biggest surprise to me this season. After last season, without Manning, I NEVER expected them to recover, under a new (and rookie) Qb, this fast. More surprising than even the Redskins.{eek3} -- Al

Well, say goodbye to the Bears and probably Lovie too. Missing the playoffs when you start 7-1 is not acceptable. Vikes' reward: 49ers. Good luck with that.

Vikes and Pats both looking good at the half. I have to say that the Colts have been the biggest surprise to me this season. After last season, without Manning, I NEVER expected them to recover, under a new (and rookie) Qb, this fast. More surprising than even the Redskins.{eek3} -- Al
The Vikes got it done. Too bad Peterson fell just short but his last carry put them in position for the winning FG. That 3rd and 11 completion for the first down by Ponder was the big play of the game, and season, for the Vikes. Without that, the Vikes have to punt back to the Packers with time left for Rodgers to win it. Big play. -- Al

Well, say goodbye to the Bears and probably Lovie too. Missing the playoffs when you start 7-1 is not acceptable. Vikes' reward: 49ers. Good luck with that.

Actually Brad we get the Packers again. From now on we're playing with house money...we're not supposed to be here.

I loved how Raji kept wagging his finger every time they got Peterson for a loss. A guy runs for 199 yards on you and you think you have room to taunt? Scoreboard!

SKOL VIKINGS

Well George this is it
Brady and the boys
It will be interesting to see

All I can say is thanks you Colts, that was huge today getting the #2 seed, a week off and probably the Texans in the first round.

Gronk looked awful out there today, favoring that arm, he shouldn't have even played.

For the Redskin fans out there, on this HUGE game day:
Hail to the Redskins,
Hail victory,
Braves on the warpath,
Fight for old D.C.
Boy, it sure is fun to be relevent again.:wink2:^&grin -- Al
30 minutes left in somebody's season. 7-7 at the half and no clear advantage either way.{sm2} I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise.:rolleyes2: -- Al

30 minutes left in somebody's season. 7-7 at the half and no clear advantage either way.{sm2} I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise.:rolleyes2: -- Al

This is one ugly game. Like a time machine back to the George Allen days. But winning is winning and they are up 14-7. RGIII looks only about 75% healthy.

Pete,

You're right. That actually may be your advantage, having just beaten them.

Congrats, I'm sure all of Minnesota is excited.

Playoffs here we come! The running game was the key (and Romo's interceptions) as the Redskins racked up 274 yards on the ground, 200 for the rookie Morris, who also had 3 Td's. A remarkable run for the Redskins to come from 3-6 to take the division title with a 10-6 record. Hail to the Redskins!^&grin -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back