Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

I just watched on the NFL Network "The 1995 Cleveland Browns" on their A Football Life.

It's an amazing program. On that staff Bellicheck had Nick Saban, Eric Mangini, Jim Schwartz and Kirk Ferentz, head coaches past and present, and several general managers, including Ozzie Newsome, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum and the present GM from Atlanta, whose name escapes me. That is an amazing staff.

In 1995 they were headed, apparently, towards a Super Bowl appearance, until that moron Modell, who has to rival Walter O'Malley for title of worthless scum, announced that they were moving to Baltimore. That basically sucked the life out of the team and the city and they finished with a losing record, with Bellichek getting fired.

One tidbit from the program was that, using a draft pick that Bellichek had obtained while head coach, the Ravens selected Ray Lewis. Michael Lombardi, who was also on the staff, said that they had targeted Ray Lewis as someone they were going to select.

Bacially, the SB the Ravens won probably belonged to Cleveland.

One can only hope that the football gods allow Cleveland to win a Super Bowl before the Ravens do again (no offense to any Baltimore fan here).

Cleveland got a royal screwing and the last playoff game the Browns was while Bellichek was coach.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said. Modell moved the team because Baltimore built him the stadium that Cleveland could not afford to .

The Browns, between Sipes INT in the end zone vs the Raiders, "The Drive", "The fumble" and their Super Bowl hopes going down the drain after the move was announced, losing Belichick as their coach in the process, are a cursed franchise.

The icing on the cake is AFTER they moved to Baltimore, they won a Super Bowl, not to mention Cleveland did get their Browns back as an expansion team and they've been God awful, adding insult to injury.

One thing to consider; imagine if when the Browns moved and became the Ravens if Belichick had remained as their coach. The Ravens would probably have won another three or four Super Bowls.

I just watched on the NFL Network "The 1995 Cleveland Browns" on their A Football Life.

It's an amazing program. On that staff Bellicheck had Nick Saban, Eric Mangini, Jim Schwartz and Kirk Ferentz, head coaches past and present, and several general managers, including Ozzie Newsome, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum and the present GM from Atlanta, whose name escapes me. That is an amazing staff.

In 1995 they were headed, apparently, towards a Super Bowl appearance, until that moron Modell, who has to rival Walter O'Malley for title of worthless scum, announced that they were moving to Baltimore. That basically sucked the life out of the team and the city and they finished with a losing record, with Bellichek getting fired.

One tidbit from the program was that, using a draft pick that Bellichek had obtained while head coach, the Ravens selected Ray Lewis. Michael Lombardi, who was also on the staff, said that they had targeted Ray Lewis as someone they were going to select.

Bacially, the SB the Ravens won probably belonged to Cleveland.

The football Gods giveth and takeith away, I'm not even going to get into who's the biggest scum..as you forgot to mention Robert Irsay of the ..wait for it....BALTIMORE COLTS, who did nothing but lie at every turn about keeping the Colts in Baltimore, my personal favorite as Irsay was pushing to get a deal done to move the team to Arizona he was suppose to be in Baltimore working our some sort of an arrangement for Memorial stadium improvements!! what a joke, but I know exactly how the Browns feel, and watched the show as well, I know the true Browns fans felt as badly as I did when thier team left for another city, but it seems somehow the Ravens became the evil team as we stole from Cleveland, but yet the Colts get a free pass as a team with a new future in another city? :confused:...oh well, I'm just glad to have a team back in Baltimore, I wish we could have been able to keep our Colts name as the Browns have thiers but such as life, anyway hoping the football Gods bestow upon us a playoff victory this weekend against those same Colts that I loved so much at one time, go Ravens!!!...Sammy

Sammy,

I don't think it was the Ravens that became the evil team because the Ravens were the Browns. It's more Modell and the City of Baltimore. Irsay is blameworthy. However, I think Baltimore is the only city that did onto another city that was done unto them. I think that may be unprecedented and not terribly classy. However, when it's all about money, there are no rules. I don't know if anybody really holds a grudge against the Ravens as Modell or his family no longer own the team just as few in Brooklyn are probably still mad at LA or the Dodgers as the O'Malleys no longer own the team. Nonetheless, a theft is a theft.

Brad

Sammy,

I don't think it was the Ravens that became the evil team because the Ravens were the Browns. It's more Modell and the City of Baltimore. Irsay is blameworthy. However, I think Baltimore is the only city that did onto another city that was done unto them. I think that may be unprecedented and not terribly classy. However, when it's all about money, there are no rules. I don't know if anybody really holds a grudge against the Ravens as Modell or his family no longer own the team just as few in Brooklyn are probably still mad at LA or the Dodgers as the O'Malleys no longer own the team. Nonetheless, a theft is a theft.

Brad

Yea, your last line says it all Brad, a theft is a theft, you can color it any way you want but it's going to hurt one side one way or another, all said, I wish the Colts were still in Baltimore, and Cleveland never lost a team, I love my Ravens but the Baltimore Colts forever would have been fine by me, but such as life, just hoping my Ravens can get healthy enough this week, as beat Indy at home would be something sweet...Sammy

After the original owner of the Patriots, Billy Sullivan, passed away, the team was bought by Victor Kiam, the electric shaver king.

He sold the team to James Orthwein, who was then going to sell it to a group that wanted to move it to St Louis (just think Gary, this juggernaut could be your team), then Bob Kraft, a local businessman and a season ticket holder, stepped in and bought the team.

If the Patriots had moved to St Louis, I would have still been a fan of the team, not the teams fault they were sold and moved. If a new team had come here, I would not have been a fan of that team.

Ten or so years ago Kraft wanted a new stadium and when the state of MA did not kick in to assist him, he threatened to move the team to CT, they actually had a ground breaking where the stadium was to be built, then the state of MA stepped in and forked over the money Kraft wanted.

The point is as Brad said, it's truly all about the money; players, owners, money, money, money, while the fans get the shaft...................

The fans always invest a lot in their teams, maybe more than we should. On the program you could see how upset they were. At the last home game fans cut up pieces of the stadium and threw them on the field. When the game was over, all the players went over to the Dawg Pound to say goodbye to the fans. Watching it was incredible.

What I don't understand is why Belichick got fired as they were developing a real good team.

What I don't understand is why Belichick got fired as they were developing a real good team.

Because the team went in the tank down the stretch, someone had to take the blame, so it was him.

Again, thanks for that Modell, his loss was our gain..............

Well fellows as much as I have enjoyed this baseball season so far it's time for some Football!!!!!!!!!! pre-season starts next week and it's time for our annual Treefrog playoff picks, I always like to look back on these threads come Feb. and see how right/wrong we were, so let's here your picks.

AFC= Ravens, Pats, Texans, Broncos, Steelers, Jets

NFC= 49'ERS, Eagles, Bears, Giants, Falcons, Saints

the AFC seems to be a easy pick, the NFC not as much, esp. with the Saints and all thier drama, but they still have brees at qb so, and of course I'm picking my Ravens to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game:) maybe this time we can hold on to the ball:mad:, and the 49'ers over Falcons in the NFC Championship game to set up a Harbough brother Superbowl!! Ravens 17= 49'ers 13. (oh how I wish it were that simple):)...Sammy

Well these were my playoff picks back in early August:) not to bad on the AFC side, 4 out of 6, missed Bengals, Colts but really sucked when it came to the NFC picks, only picking 2 of 6 right:( glad I don't bet for a living!! but my last pick is still alive for a Raven-49er Superbowl, ..at least for now:)...Sammy

I think at the beginning of the next season, we should make picks for coaches to be fired at the end of the season. Even before the next season has started, my lead pipe cinch pick will be Rex Ryan.

I think at the beginning of the next season, we should make picks for coaches to be fired at the end of the season. Even before the next season has started, my lead pipe cinch pick will be Rex Ryan.

I don't understand how you can fire the GM and leave the coach in place, what up and coming GM or out of work proven GM would want to be hired into that position, good luck with that. He'd want to hire "his guy" as coach; the Red Sox tried that this past year and ended up in last place and the organization is a total train wreck now.

Ryan is gone unless the Jets win the division and get to the AFCCG next year; anything short of that and he is done, he's essentially a lame duck coach at this point.

I read a good story today claiming Ryan in fact was the guy who wanted Tebow for goal line and short yardage situations and brought in the former Dolphins coach to run the wildcat and go back to "ground and pound", neither of which worked out at all.

Ryan is a very good defensive coach, but a lousy head coach, his time out management and use of challenges is just awful. After he pulled Sanchez and the Jets beat the Cardinals 7-6, that QB was inactive the last two games, he could have gone to him vs the Titans as Sanchez was having an awful game.

Rex needs to go back to defensive coordinator, just like Norv Turner needs to go back to offensive coordinator and so does Romeo Crennel, he left the Patriots and was a total failure in Cleveland and KC, just check your egos at the door and go back to doing what you do best as for all three of them, HC is not it.

I couldn't agree with more with the preceding post. Bells and whistles went off last year when he said he really wasn't paying attention to the offensive side of the ball but would do better this year. Hello? 6-10? Maybe the wrong guy took the fall.

Can you imagine this happening to Belichick at the comparable stage of his development as a Head Coach? Not! Having watched that Browns program (once with my son), his stock has risen further in my mind than it already was.

The only plus side I see in keeping Rex is not saddling a new HC with the problems they presently have. It's also not inconceivable that a new GM will say I'll take the job but I need to name my own Coach. In that case, "Bye, bye, Rex."

I guess he's still kissing Belichick's rings ^&grin

During his first three seasons here you couldn't shut Captain Bluster up. However, this year after they went 6-10, Captain Bluster has gone quiet. The year end press conference was cancelled Monday after the GM was fired. They have a pitiful season and he's MIA, nowhere to be found. Local media is ripping him so many you-know-whats but not one peep.

The big mystery has been solved. Capt Bluster is in the Bahamas. Yes, the Jets world is cratering but Rex is in a paddle boat somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. As one fan who called in today said, paraphrasing the movie Jaws, "you're going to need a bigger boat."

That's odd because the NFL requires all coaches to give a season ending press conference, whenever that may be.

Not sure why he skipped town like that..........

They were talking about that on the radio. Apparently, he and the owner are doing it next Tuesday.

weekend wild card playoff picks time!!

Winners..Ravens, Texans, Skins, Packers

I think all the home teams will win, hardest pick I believe the Bengals will give the Texans all they can handle, and wish I could be at M&T stadium on Sunday to see Ray "possibly" play his last game in Baltimore...Sammy

The Texans have been going downhill quickly. I don't see them winning.

On the remainder, I like Ravens, Seahawks and Packers (who I like to go to the SB).

I'm going with;

Bengals over the Texans; the Texans are going the wrong way at the wrong time, the only X factor here is Marvin Lewis, he's not a very good coach.

Ravens over Colts; imagine the pregame Ray Lewis speech, he might tear his other triceps muscle with his pregame hystrionics that he does coming onto the field, looks like he's going to have a stroke out there, he's quite the showman on the back nine of his career.

Packers over Vikings; as long as Green Bay doesn't soil themselves like they did last year vs the 9-7 Super Bowl Champion New York Football Giants.

Seachickens over the Redskins; the battle of Pete the poodle vs woodenteeth, the Seachickens are a good team and should be able to win in DC, Petsie will probably run a fake punt up by 40 too as he's concerned about his BCS ranking this late in the season.

551176_530224650321376_730376035_n.jpg

My home state of Maryland representing the NFL well this weekend, let's go Skins & Ravens!!!

I saw they are playing a night game in Green Bay. That should be fun for the fans or at least the ones who survive. LOL. Good for them. The Vikes whimped out with their domed stadium. I can remember the LA Rams going up to MN in the playoffs when they played outside and looking like the Italian Army at Stalingrad. You just knew they weren't going to win in those conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back