Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

Sammy,

You're a Ravens fan and you should root for your team but as the Broncos have Manning, they have won 11 in a row and they beat the Ravens in Baltimore, do you realistically think the oddsmakers would pick the Ravens. No one is saying the Ravens don't have a shot but let's realize why they're favored.

opening Vegas line has both Baltimore and Houston as 9 1/2 point dogs...that's a lot of points...

opening Vegas line has both Baltimore and Houston as 9 1/2 point dogs...that's a lot of points...

The last time the Patriots played the Texans and the Broncos played the Ravens, both games were blowouts, so that probably has something to do with the initial line at 9 1/2; that said, I agree with you in that they are high as this is the second round of the playoffs and these games are generally not blow outs, so we'll see what happens next week...............

Well the reports are coming in on RGIII's knee and at this point, it's not good; basically a total reconstruction, plus repairs for his initial procedure on the knee.

Wow.

I've gone back and forth on this; if Shanahan pulled him after the Redskins were up 14-0 and they lost, he'd be getting ripped.

I remember a couple of years ago Cutler came out of the NFCCG with a sprained knee and the guy afterward was getting ripped for not being "tough" enough. If he went back into the game and his knee blew up, what then?

Based on the fact that RGIII was limping around pretty much from the beginning of the game, he really shouldn't have been out there at all.

And what if after being up 14-0 the Redskins had held on, would there have been pressure on him and Shananan to play this weekend vs the Falcons?

What a shame..........

Short term thinking vs. long term thinking.

Interestingly, and I'm sure this must have been already done in the DC area, contrast his handling vs that the Nationals tooks with Strasburg: short term thinking vs. long term thinking.

Short term thinking vs. long term thinking.

Interestingly, and I'm sure this must have been already done in the DC area, contrast his handling vs that the Nationals tooks with Strasburg: short term thinking vs. long term thinking.
Oh yeah, it's been brought up. Truth is, this isn't going to be put to rest until RGIII comes back healthy and strong. If he doesn't, we'll never hear the end of it here in DC. All I can say is that my son and I were screaming at the TV for Shanahan to take him out after the initial tweaking, prior to the 2nd Td. We thought for sure he would be out of the game in the 2nd half. Just a bad decision, although it is nothing but second guessing at this point. I guess we'll see how rehab goes in about 8-10 months. Hope the Skins don't rush him back. -- Al

It's easy for us to second guess and I bet if Shanahan takes him out early, we're all criticizing that too. Just hope his career isn't ruined.

Just saw that Junior Seau had CTE. His family is considering joining the concussion class action lawsuit.

Oh yeah, it's been brought up. Truth is, this isn't going to be put to rest until RGIII comes back healthy and strong. If he doesn't, we'll never hear the end of it here in DC. All I can say is that my son and I were screaming at the TV for Shanahan to take him out after the initial tweaking, prior to the 2nd Td. We thought for sure he would be out of the game in the 2nd half. Just a bad decision, although it is nothing but second guessing at this point. I guess we'll see how rehab goes in about 8-10 months. Hope the Skins don't rush him back. -- Al
It is all second guessing at this point and without full information at that. Of course that is typical for the press and most self appointed sports "experts". The only fact about the injury we truly know is the extent of the damage. We do not know, and likely never will, just when the damage was done and whether or not it was aggravated by any particularly event after the Baltimore game. We also know that RGIII really did not want to leave the game (he strongly objected even to being benched for the Cleveland game) and unfortunately, that was probably the most significant factor in leaving him in. It is a pity but look at AP. At least we have a great recent example of how well an NFL football player can come back from such an injury. We can only hope for RGIII's sake that he has a similar result.

It is all second guessing at this point and without full information at that. Of course that is typical for the press and most self appointed sports "experts". The only fact about the injury we truly know is the extent of the damage. We do not know, and likely never will, just when the damage was done and whether or not it was aggravated by any particularly event after the Baltimore game. We also know that RGIII really did not want to leave the game (he strongly objected even to being benched for the Cleveland game) and unfortunately, that was probably the most significant factor in leaving him in. It is a pity but look at AP. At least we have a great recent example of how well an NFL football player can come back from such an injury. We can only hope for RGIII's sake that he has a similar result.
Everybody in DC is hoping that the example of Peterson is exactly what will occur with RGIII. What is interesting, and as Brad says, is the difference in the way the Skins and the Nats treated a star athelete. The Nats took a long view by protecting Strasburg for future seasons while the Skins appear to have gone short view, immediate gratification. The newspaper down here is full of editorials comparing the two approaches, and as one might imagine, the Skins are coming off a poor second at this point. I don't expect the controversy to calm down for a long time in this town.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I'm obviously not a doctor but from what little I've read is that AP didn't have significant injuries before whereas this is a repeat injury for RG III, plus Peterson didn't have lateral collateral ligament damage. In addition, human beings are all different and even if the extent of their injuries were the same, there's no guarantee that RG III would heal as quickly as Peterson.

I'm obviously not a doctor but from what little I've read is that AP didn't have significant injuries before whereas this is a repeat injury for RG III, plus Peterson didn't have lateral collateral ligament damage. In addition, human beings are all different and even if the extent of their injuries were the same, there's no guarantee that RG III would heal as quickly as Peterson.

That implies that AP is actually human...I've had my doubts... {sm4}

Everybody in DC is hoping that the example of Peterson is exactly what will occur with RGIII. What is interesting, and as Brad says, is the difference in the way the Skins and the Nats treated a star athelete. The Nats took a long view by protecting Strasburg for future seasons while the Skins appear to have gone short view, immediate gratification. The newspaper down here is full of editorials comparing the two approaches, and as one might imagine, the Skins are coming off a poor second at this point. I don't expect the controversy to calm down for a long time in this town.:rolleyes2: -- Al
Once again, I don't think we have enough information, particularly reliable information, to make that kind of comparison. Also, RGIII had a substantial hand in how his injury was handled. With respect, even if any of us were doctors, comparisons with AP or any other, are likely imperfect at best but he does provide some hope for the Skins. Fortunately, they have a pretty good young backup QB.

I think almost anyone who watched that game realized RGIII was seriously injured after the first quarter. In that situation many players will tough it out in the playoffs. But it was also clear that the injury made him ineffective. What is inexcusable is risking a more serious injury with a guy who can no longer help the team. And still calling running plays for him at that point was absolutely brutal. It's up to the coach to pull him. Maybe they still lose without RGIII, but I doubt the offense could play any worse if they had pulled him in the second quarter. The whole thing is unfortunate. He's a freakish talent like Michael Jordan and seems like a decent guy which is rare among athletes who have had his success. The Redskins gave up a ton of players to get him. If he doesn't come back at 100% for years to come they will really be hurting.

weekend wild card playoff picks time!!

Winners..Ravens, Texans, Skins, Packers

I think all the home teams will win, hardest pick I believe the Bengals will give the Texans all they can handle, and wish I could be at M&T stadium on Sunday to see Ray "possibly" play his last game in Baltimore...Sammy

Well not to shabby last week, 3-1, better then some ESPN guys, so now onto divisional round week picks

Winners, Ravens, Pats, Packers, Falcons

I'm just hoping Manning has another bad playoff game and the cold affects him, and being this is about as healthy as my Ravens have been all year anything can happen, Pats won't lose to a shaky Texans team, and I believe the Packers are the NFC Champs when it's all said and done, Falcons FINALLY win a playoff game with Matty "ice" that has to be the most ironic nick name in the modern era, let's go Ravens!!!...Sammy

I'm just hoping Manning has another bad playoff game and the cold affects him......................

Manning is 1-3 coming off of the bye, including a loss to the Chargers who were without both Rivers and Tomlinson, he's one and done seven times in his career, let's hope this one makes eight.

That said, not sure which is worse; going to Denver for the AFCCG, or having the Ravens come here riding a two game playoff winning streak and riding the whole "Let's get to the Super Bowl for Ray Ray" momentum bus.

If I learned anything in the 2008 and 2012 Super Bowls, I learned the best team does not always win, specifically in 2008, an undefeated team losing to a 10-6 team that they curb stopped three weeks before; when it comes to football, emotion plays a huge part.

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself as the Patriots need to take care of business and beat the Texans, will see it in person thanks to Miss Tiffany and her ticket connection, they are calling for temperatures in the 50's on Sunday, not exactly a frozen tundra...............

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself as the Patriots need to take care of business and beat the Texans, will see it in person thanks to Miss Tiffany and her ticket connection, they are calling for temperatures in the 50's on Sunday, not exactly a frozen tundra...............

Hope you're doin' some nice stuff for her :wink2:

When is she going to make an honest man out of you anyway? {sm0}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back