Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

GO NINERS!!! I will attempt to attend the playoff game should the seahawks & niner's win allowing a S.F Home game!

GO NINERS!!! I will attempt to attend the playoff game should the seahawks & niner's win allowing a S.F Home game!

Pete the poodle and his Seachickens in the NFCCG; wow, what excitement, knowing him if he's up by 28 he'll be running fake punts and throwing deep trying to impress the NCAA........................oh wait, he's not coaching in college anymore? Someone needs to send him a memo on that then.

Good lord. The Cowboys hired Monte Kiffin as their DC! There hasn't been this much bad news out of Dallas since Nov. 22, 1963. He was the single worst DC in the history of college football this season. USC gave up over 700 yards and 60 points to Oregon. The most in their 100+ years of football history. Surpassing the previous record also held by Monte. What a disaster. Hopefully they saved room for his son who shouldn't be far behind.

Ravens-Broncos is the best playoff game so far, 21-21 at the half. Broncos need to give Bailey some help as Smith is only a couple inches short of 3 Td catches. For their part, the Ravens got to keep Manning off the field. 2nd half kickoff Td for Denver. Baltimore special teams have picked a bad day to not show up.-- Al

Last edited:
Ravens-Broncos is the best playoff game so far, 21-21 at the half. Broncos need to give Bailey some help as Smith is only a couple inches short of 3 Td catches. For their part, the Ravens got to keep Manning off the field. 2nd half kickoff Td for Denver. Baltimore special teams have picked a bad day to not show up.-- Al
OT! This has been a tremendous game. Come on, Ravens! -- Al

Good lord. The Cowboys hired Monte Kiffin as their DC! There hasn't been this much bad news out of Dallas since Nov. 22, 1963. He was the single worst DC in the history of college football this season. USC gave up over 700 yards and 60 points to Oregon. The most in their 100+ years of football history. Surpassing the previous record also held by Monte. What a disaster. Hopefully they saved room for his son who shouldn't be far behind.

I just read this on Kiffin...

Kiffin has plenty of experience in the league. One of his stops during 26 years as an NFL assistant was at Tampa Bay, where he worked as defensive coordinator for 13 seasons.

In Kiffin's stint with the Buccaneers, his units finished among the top 10 in total defense and scoring defense 11 times. He was with the Bucs when they went to the Super Bowl in 2002..................

but speaking of relatives working for the Cowboys coaches...

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones wants head coach Jason Garrett to relinquish his offensive play-calling duties, ESPN reported Saturday.

The Cowboys finished 8-8 this season and missed the playoffs. They are 21-19 in two years under Garrett, who has faced criticism for his clock management.

Jones also reportedly wants Garrett to fire his brother, John, who is the team's tight ends coach. John Garrett is the team's passing game coordinator.

Mike Florio of NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk reported that Jones is asking Garrett to stop calling the offensive plays and fire his brother as a way of getting Garrett to resign.

YES! Ravens win!^&grin^&grin^&grin Hey Sammy, we had faith!^&grin^&grin^&grin -- Al

YES! Ravens win!^&grin^&grin^&grin Hey Sammy, we had faith!^&grin^&grin^&grin -- Al

Like I said earlier this week AL, besides you and I and a few die hard Raven fans there weren't many that picked us, and so be it, that's why they play the game, Flacco play good, defense was decent, Rice was great, need to work on special team coverage this week for sure, just glad to be playing in the AFC Championship game after so many ups and downs this year...Sammy

Like I said earlier this week AL, besides you and I and a few die hard Raven fans there weren't many that picked us, and so be it, that's why they play the game, Flacco play good, defense was decent, Rice was great, need to work on special team coverage this week for sure, just glad to be playing in the AFC Championship game after so many ups and downs this year...Sammy

Sammy

Wild game and I credit the Ravens for playing and hanging around the entire game, and then capitalizing on the mistakes. Make no mistake, if the Defense continues this trend, they are tough.

I know Flacco played better than usual, but I am still not a fan, just don't see him coming through if needed. I bet a few Denver Secondary folks will want to burn the film once they see themselves!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, again, happy for Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, they are still in it. By the way, what was Ed Reed thinking about when he fielded that punt at the 5 yard line???

Highly entertaining and wild game. Congrats on the win.

Next week should be another fun one regardless of who wins tomorrow.

TD

49er's Qb Kaepernick lit up the Packers, big time. That was a fun game to watch, as was the Raven game. Kaepernick did whatever he wanted and the Packers never came close to adjusting. -- Al

Al, congrats on a BIG Ravens win last night, what a great cliffhanger ..... it was nice to see Extra-Forehead go down in flames. ^&grin

B.

Al, congrats on a BIG Ravens win last night, what a great cliffhanger ..... it was nice to see Extra-Forehead go down in flames. ^&grin

B.
Thanks, Buster. Ravens played a great game, especially that last defensive stand in regulation, when one more Denver 1st down would have clinched the Denver win. Getting the ball back to the offense allowed the 'miracle' Td throw to happen. Still basking in the glow but it is time to start looking to the next game.:wink2: Saw this AM on ESPN that Manning now has 21 interceptions in 20 post-season games. -- Al

That's why they play the game, no matter what people or pundits say. I didn't think Manning had a particularly great game and the vaunted Broncos defense played like crap, although in this age of pin ball machine football, every defense looked terrible yesterday.

Maybe Flacco is coming of age. Whatever happens, that TD throw in the 4th Quarter will be worth millions come contract negotiation time in a couple of months.

Who knows, maybe this is the Ravens year. I'm sure that the Texans and Patriots are saying thanks today.

Congrats to Al and Sammy.

So the Ray Ray final tour continues.

Awesome.

The Ravens can thank Fox, Manning and Bailey.

What is Fox thinking a.) taking a knee with 30 seconds left and three time outs, if Joe Flacco can go 80 yards in 60 seconds, can't the All Word Manning get you to field goal range?.....and b.) not throwing on 3rd and 7 when you could ice the game? He's got Manning as his QB, not Tebow; GO FOR IT.

Manning; wow, what can you say, once again he comes up small in a big game, three turnovers that led to 17 points. He has lost his first playoff game EIGHT times, including FOUR times at home after the bye.

One good thing; this will be a Manning free Super Bowl.

Bailey; he used to be Champ, now he's a Chump, he was GOD AWFUL yesterday, he got torched time and time again.

Maybe he should be the one to retire instead of Ray Ray.

Have to give Flacco credit, he was excellent yesterday and as Brad said, he just earned himself a huge contract, he played a great game.

That was quite a rant at the end of the game too by Ray Ray, he's a true showman, have to give him that.

Heading out of here in a couple of hours, nice weather for a game, at least I won't have to go to the hospital for frostbite like 80,365 Donkos fans did last night, we'll see how things shake out today.

The only thing I have to say about the Ravens-Broncos game is did the NFL bring back the replacement refs? That was possibly the most poorly officiated game I have ever seen. I had no dog in the fight, but two of the Ravens touchdowns resulted directly from blown calls by the refs, who even managed to screw up the review of Mannings "fumble", which, while I hate this rule and think it should be taken out of football, was clearly a "tuck rule" incomplete pass. The Broncos poor coaching and terrible secondary play was also a huge factor, but it seemed like the refs had no intention of letting this be Ray Lewis' last game.:mad:

I have to give credit to that kid Capaernick, he completely outplayed Aaron Rogers. I did not see that coming. Rogers is starting to look a lot like Peyton Manning: great regular season numbers, but in the playoffs, one superbowl win and a lot of one or two and done seasons. His first season as a starter he lost to the Cardinals in the Divisional round, then he won the superbowl in 2010, then one and done to the Giants last year, and this year again out in the Divisional round against a rookie starter.

I need to win both games today just to get back to .500 for the playoffs. Not good.:redface2:

That's why they play the game, no matter what people or pundits say. I didn't think Manning had a particularly great game and the vaunted Broncos defense played like crap, although in this age of pin ball machine football, every defense looked terrible yesterday.

Maybe Flacco is coming of age. Whatever happens, that TD throw in the 4th Quarter will be worth millions come contract negotiation time in a couple of months.

Who knows, maybe this is the Ravens year. I'm sure that the Texans and Patriots are saying thanks today.

Congrats to Al and Sammy.
Thanks Brad, but the mountain keeps getting steeper from here.:wink2: -- Al

The only thing I have to say about the Ravens-Broncos game is did the NFL bring back the replacement refs? That was possibly the most poorly officiated game I have ever seen. I had no dog in the fight, but two of the Ravens touchdowns resulted directly from blown calls by the refs, who even managed to screw up the review of Mannings "fumble", which, while I hate this rule and think it should be taken out of football, was clearly a "tuck rule" incomplete pass. The Broncos poor coaching and terrible secondary play was also a huge factor, but it seemed like the refs had no intention of letting this be Ray Lewis' last game.:mad:

I have to give credit to that kid Capaernick, he completely outplayed Aaron Rogers. I did not see that coming. Rogers is starting to look a lot like Peyton Manning: great regular season numbers, but in the playoffs, one superbowl win and a lot of one or two and done seasons. His first season as a starter he lost to the Cardinals in the Divisional round, then he won the superbowl in 2010, then one and done to the Giants last year, and this year again out in the Divisional round against a rookie starter.

I need to win both games today just to get back to .500 for the playoffs. Not good.:redface2:

Great points Louis, those "all star" officials were terrible.

What about when Manning fumbled the first time and Denver recovered, only to have two hands to the face penalty on the Ravens, both of which were marginal at best, or the horrible pass interference call when the Ravens cornerback had his hand on the Donkos receivers shoulder? So you can put your hand on a recievers back and slap the ball away with the other hand, but you can't put your hand on his shoulder?

You can thank the whiny Colts and Poulian for crying to the league after the 2004 AFCCG when the Patriots cornerbacks curb stomped the Colts recievers, so this no touching after 5 yards BS PI penalty came to be, used to be you couldn't touch a guy once the ball was in the air.

And the tuck rule has to go, if you fumble, you fumble, end of story, none of this "the quarterback was bringing the ball down and not attempting to throw" BS.

I also think Rogers is the new Manning/Marino/etc, etc; puts up big stats but can't win in the playoffs, two strait one and done performances, but then again, Cucumber played well yesterday. I guess the days of the pocket passer are coming to an end with Cucumber, Wilson, RGIII, etc, etc, coming into the league and running wild out there, throwing in pass every now and again to keep defenses honest.

A Wilson/Cucumber NFCCG would be what 56-52..................definately not playoff football, more like Arena football to me..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back