Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting that.

The room got pretty dusty as I read it, the longer I read the story, the dustier the room got.........

My feelings exactly. Each of these kids had their own story to tell. What more can you say? Not much I guess.

Giants look really baaaad. Playoffs are looking to be a pipe dream.

If you would have told me that AP would run for less than 100 yards I'd have be the farm that the Vikings would be blown out. Instead they dominated the Texans IN Houston! That was the best the defense has looked all year and Ponder looked servicable. The Texans were playing for home field advantage...but they sure didn't look like they wanted to be anywhere near the stadium today.

At this point, based on how Cowboys and Giants played, the last WC looks like it may come to Bears or Vikings and since Minn has to play Green Bay whereas Bears play the Lions, I like the Bears' chances.

Sanchez is nothing more than a west coast prima-donna, best suited to the tabloids and who he is dating lately. Not for an NFL football team. His head is where the next celebrity party is at and not learning how to improve his game. Forget Tebo being a " threat ", since the Jets have refused to use him most of the year. The only competition to Sanchez is his fractured ego on how good he thought he was, and really is not..After 4 years, this is his game and we now know he is a servicable backup at best and not a play maker..Michael

Sanchez started one year in college and won the Rose Bowl. His first two years in the NFL he went to the AFC championship game. Suddenly he is a prima-donna because he is on a team that stinks from top to bottom? Football is a team sport. Sanchez has lost his confidence because he is playing for a team that is awful. He's not Brady, but the guy can play with a team around him.

Sanchez is nothing more than a west coast prima-donna, best suited to the tabloids and who he is dating lately. Not for an NFL football team. His head is where the next celebrity party is at and not learning how to improve his game. Forget Tebo being a " threat ", since the Jets have refused to use him most of the year. The only competition to Sanchez is his fractured ego on how good he thought he was, and really is not..After 4 years, this is his game and we now know he is a servicable backup at best and not a play maker..Michael

And this brilliant analysis is based on what? In his first two years he won four playoff games. Not too shabby. However, management then started to tinker with the team. His receivers last year were not the same as the year before and this year worse still. This year bringing in Tebow screwed him up and the coaching has been awful. They have no offensive strategy.

Is he or can he be a great QB? Probably not but he can be a good one. Alex Smith was going nowhere until Harbaugh came in. That is what Sanchez needs: a good offensive coach. Due to salary cap issues, Sanchez will be here next year. They need to bring in a new QB coach and new coordinator, someone like Norv. If they do that, you will see a much better player.

Finally!!!! it took 3 weeks but my Ravens finally put on a good game today to win the AFC North title!!!!! now I'm just hoping Flacco can play the next few weeks like he did today...Sammy

Well steel town just got a better draft choice. Just could not get in sync since beating the ravens. Strange year. The teams that are left should make for interesting playoffs.
Td

Good day for the local Redskins and Ravens. RGIII wasn't 100% and the defense tried to lose the game, but the Redskins held on to face Dallas in DC next week for all the NFC East marbles. It is going to be a real hoot. Never thought the Redskins could get into this position after going 3-6. The Ravens did a 180 today and looked like a SB team for the first time in weeks. The 'good' Flacco showed up and the defense played really well. A little consistency is now called for if they are to get deep into the playoffs. All in all, a good Sunday. -- Al

Well once again yesterday proves the NFL at this point is a week to week proposition.

LAST week, the 49ers and their future HOF QB Colin Cucumber were media darlings after beating the Patriots, then last night, they got waxed by Seattle.

So now THIS week, Seattle will be the flavor of the week.

Some observations;

So which Flacco is going to show up in two weeks, good Flacco or bad Flacco, inquiring minds want to know? Funny thing is IMO as the #4 seed, they get the Colts, an easier task than the Bengals, then they travel to Houston, the wheels have come off the bus on that team.

Right now, I'm going with Ravens/Broncos at Denver in the AFCCG, Flacco vs Frankenforehead. The Patriots are not beating Denver in Denver, their top two CB's are injured, Jacksonville shredded them yesterday, Frankenforehead will shred, slice and dice them for 400 yards, 5 TD's and a blow out win.

Good God is Dallas awful. I mean just awful, when was the last time they won a playoff game, when Christ was in a crib? They have NO shot next week vs the skins.

Speaking of awful, the Cardinals are 1-10 in their last 11 games, how the Patriots lost to this team is beyond my comprehension.

When did Big Ben turn into a combination of Drew Bledsoe and Brett Favre; two weeks in a row a game ends thanks to boneheaded, God awful INT thrown by him, he should have stayed on the sidelines and let Charlie Batch run the ship.

The Giants are looking great, outscored 1,000,000 to 14 the last two weeks and Eli looks pitiful. Have to had it to Gump though; he's perfected the heave the ball a mile downfield and have his receivers go up and get the ball, have it stick into their facemask'pin it against their helmet or catch it over their shoulder while getting two feet down before getting hammered out of bounds. He's the master of it as a matter of fact, just look at those two rings of his. 8-7 and they are still alive for the playoffs, all they need is to beat the door mat Eagles, then have either the Bears or Vikings lose and they are in.

AWESOME; back to back 9-7 playoff teams, the defending Super Bowl champions have another shot to win the Super Bowl.

People around here claim Belichick is a first ballot lock for the HOF; not in my eyes.

He lost not once, but twice to Tom Grampa Coughlin (and man do I love his two hands on hips death stare, there is nothing like it in all of sports).

I could sort of justify them losing in 2008, they were full of themselves after going 18-0 and curb stomping the Giants the last game of the regular season, but there is no excuse for losing to them last year, as in none.

Whatever; Merry Christmas all you football fans out there, the real fun starts in two weeks........

Last edited:
I don't agree you with the Pats. I think they're still the best team in the AFC. They also have a chance (I think to be the number 2) if they win their game and Texans lose to Colts.

Giants were awful. What makes you think they will beat the Eagles? Nothing, and even if they do, I don't see both the Bears and Vikings lose. I can see the Vikings lose but Lions are just bad right now and I can't see the Bears losing that game. Da Bears! ^&cool

Chicago-Bears-Logo2[1].gif

I don't agree you with the Pats. I think they're still the best team in the AFC. They also have a chance (I think to be the number 2) if they win their game and Texans lose to Colts.

Giants were awful. What makes you think they will beat the Eagles? Nothing, and even if they do, I don't see both the Bears and Vikings lose. I can see the Vikings lose but Lions are just bad right now and I can't see the Bears losing that game. Da Bears! ^&cool

Without Talib and Dennard, the Patriots have to play Chung at safety, move McCourty to CB and pair him with Arrington, who is awful.

Those two will get torched by Manning, it will be U-G-L-Y.

But you are right, if the Colts knock off the floundering Texans (and the Colts will have their coach back on the sidelines for that game, the roof could blow off the dome there in Indy with all the emotion in the air during that game) and the Patriots win, they get the #2 seed, which would be huge.

And I have been conditioned to accept the fact that whatever needs to happen for the Giants to get to the playoffs will happen.

Try this one on for size; in 2007, they got the Bucaneers on the road in their first playoff game, who they beat, then they got the Cowboys, who as I noted have not won a playoff game in ages, then the Packers and the gunslinger Bret Favre, who proceeded to hand them the game on a silver platter with a boneheaded INT in overtime.

Then last year, they get the Falcons at home, who stink, then the Packers, who fell asleep during the bye week and committed 900 turnovers in the game, not to mention the Giants completed an end of the half hail mary pass for a touchdown, then they got the 49ers, whos regular punt returner was out injured and the boob who replaced him botched not one, but TWO punts that led to 10 points, ballgame.

SO, whatever needs to happen for the Giants to make it will.......................just play along with me, it's so much easier.

There's too much that has to happen for them to qualify. However, their biggest problem is that they are just not playing well unlike their Super Bowl years when they headed into the playoffs surging.

Without Talib and Dennard, the Patriots have to play Chung at safety, move McCourty to CB and pair him with Arrington, who is awful.

Those two will get torched by Manning, it will be U-G-L-Y.

But you are right, if the Colts knock off the floundering Texans (and the Colts will have their coach back on the sidelines for that game, the roof could blow off the dome there in Indy with all the emotion in the air during that game) and the Patriots win, they get the #2 seed, which would be huge.

And I have been conditioned to accept the fact that whatever needs to happen for the Giants to get to the playoffs will happen.

Try this one on for size; in 2007, they got the Bucaneers on the road in their first playoff game, who they beat, then they got the Cowboys, who as I noted have not won a playoff game in ages, then the Packers and the gunslinger Bret Favre, who proceeded to hand them the game on a silver platter with a boneheaded INT in overtime.

Then last year, they get the Falcons at home, who stink, then the Packers, who fell asleep during the bye week and committed 900 turnovers in the game, not to mention the Giants completed an end of the half hail mary pass for a touchdown, then they got the 49ers, whos regular punt returner was out injured and the boob who replaced him botched not one, but TWO punts that led to 10 points, ballgame.

SO, whatever needs to happen for the Giants to make it will.......................just play along with me, it's so much easier.

Hi George, I know how you feel about the Giants :) but I just don't think all the cards are going to fall thier way this time, just not the same team as last year.

I did read a article today that Rexy would more then likely keep his head coaching job for next year{eek3} what a joke, if thier is one coach that needs to go it's that loud mouth!! wasn't much for him in Baltimore and even less as a opponent, but hey if they do keep him that makes for a much more beatable team whoever plays the Jets next year...Sammy

OK, we have the winner-take-all showdown on Sunday night between the Redskins and Dallas. I need someone to explain the NFL system to me. Skins are 9-6 and Dallas 8-7. Skins win they take the division @ 10-6, Dallas 8-8. Dallas wins, they take the division @ 9-7, Skins are 2nd @ 9-7. My question is why are the Skins second? A Dallas win leaves both teams with identical records @ 9-7; they both will have identical division records @ 4-2; they will both have won 1 game against each other. Why is Dallas awarded the division? Since the Skins won by 7 points at Dallas on Thanksgiving, don't the Cowboys have to win by 8 or more to win the division? Doesn't the title go to the Skins if Dallas wins by 6 or fewer? Is not head to head point differential used to break ties like this? I'm cornfused. -- Al

OK, we have the winner-take-all showdown on Sunday night between the Redskins and Dallas. I need someone to explain the NFL system to me. Skins are 9-6 and Dallas 8-7. Skins win they take the division @ 10-6, Dallas 8-8. Dallas wins, they take the division @ 9-7, Skins are 2nd @ 9-7. My question is why are the Skins second? A Dallas win leaves both teams with identical records @ 9-7; they both will have identical division records @ 4-2; they will both have won 1 game against each other. Why is Dallas awarded the division? Since the Skins won by 7 points at Dallas on Thanksgiving, don't the Cowboys have to win by 8 or more to win the division? Doesn't the title go to the Skins if Dallas wins by 6 or fewer? Is not head to head point differential used to break ties like this? I'm cornfused. -- Al

I haven't a clue Al, you would think with those stats the Skins would have any tie -breaking situations?? what I'm surprised to see is how many commentators are picking Dallas?? it's like a done deal Dallas wins Sunday nite, sorry I see the Skins winning a close one at home, Dallas sucks when it comes getting close to the playoffs and the Skins have no baggage for along time when it comes to the playoffs, I think Robert G. will play great and will do just enough to knock the Cowboys out...Sammy

The Redskins do control their own destiny. Simply put, win and they're in. Where there is confusion is what happens if the Redskins lose at home to the Cowboys. Some fans think that since the Giants lost, the Redskins should have clinched the NFC East today.

In the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend."

Here are the scenarios for who wins the NFC East.

Redskins (9-6)
Remaining games: vs. Dallas (8-7)

For the Redskins, it's real simple. Win and you're in. They would have a better record than everybody in the NFC East.

Cowboys (8-7)

Remaining games: @ Washington (9-6)

Dallas just needs to beat Washington. If the Giants beat the Eagles here's how the division would end up: 1. Dallas (9-7), 2. Washington (9-7), 3. New York Giants (9-7). So, how does the NFL come to that conclusion?

Here's the NFL's rules for a 3-team tiebreaker inside a division:
(Note: If the Giants lose, the same rules apply to the 2-team tiebreaker.)

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5.Strength of victory.
6.Strength of schedule.
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in common games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin toss
So, based on those rules, here's how the tiebreaker would play out.

1.Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants all went 2-2 against each other. No teams eliminated
2.Redskins and Cowboys went 4-2 in NFC East, Giants go 3-3 in division. NY Giants eliminated (no teams eliminated in 2-team tiebreaker scenario if Giants lose)
3.Redskins went 7-5 against Saints (Win), Bengals (Loss), Buccaneers (Win), Falcons (Loss), Giants (Loss, Win), Steelers (Loss), Panthers (Loss), Eagles (Win, Win), Ravens (Win), and Browns (Win).

Cowboys went 8-4 against those same teams: Saints (Loss), Bengals (Win), Buccaneers (Win), Falcons (Loss), Giants (Win, Loss), Steelers (Win), Panthers (Win), Eagles (Win, Win), Ravens (Loss), and Browns (Win). Redskins eliminated, Cowboys win NFC East.
The three losses that hurt the Redskins the most in this scenario: The Panthers game (they're 6-9), the Steelers game (all those dropped passes and RGIII ran for just 8 yards... the Skins rushed for just 86 yards as a team), and the Bengals game (home debut for RGIII).

Conversely, look what the Cowboys did against those three opponents: Panthers (Dan Bailey hits two field goals in last four minutes, Cowboys win by five), Steelers (Cowboys tie game up with 6:55 left in regulation, win in OT on a Dan Bailey field goal), Bengals (Cowboys rally from 19-10 deficit in the fourth quarter to win on a Dan Bailey field goal at the end of the game.)

Sure the Redskins could still make the playoffs as a wild card. But the easiest, and most ideal, path to the playoffs is to win the division and get a home playoff game. Considering that Mike Shanahan worked for Al Davis once upon a time, I wouldn't be surprised if he tells the team on Sunday before the game to "Just win, baby."

Note: To everybody citing the Redskins superior conference record, that's the fourth tiebreaker. If the Redskins and Cowboys had identical records versus common opponents, conference record would apply. In this case, it does not. Also, if the Redskins and Cowboys were battling for a wild card spot, and were in different divisions, conference record is the second tiebreaker after head-to-head record. Because of the NFL's scheduling structure, divisional rivals play very similar schedules with the exception of a couple games. So comparing records versus common opponents carries more weight than conference record

The Redskins do control their own destiny. Simply put, win and they're in. Where there is confusion is what happens if the Redskins lose at home to the Cowboys. Some fans think that since the Giants lost, the Redskins should have clinched the NFC East today.

In the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend."

Here are the scenarios for who wins the NFC East.

Redskins (9-6)
Remaining games: vs. Dallas (8-7)

For the Redskins, it's real simple. Win and you're in. They would have a better record than everybody in the NFC East.

Cowboys (8-7)

Remaining games: @ Washington (9-6)

Dallas just needs to beat Washington. If the Giants beat the Eagles here's how the division would end up: 1. Dallas (9-7), 2. Washington (9-7), 3. New York Giants (9-7). So, how does the NFL come to that conclusion?

Here's the NFL's rules for a 3-team tiebreaker inside a division:
(Note: If the Giants lose, the same rules apply to the 2-team tiebreaker.)

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5.Strength of victory.
6.Strength of schedule.
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in common games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin toss
So, based on those rules, here's how the tiebreaker would play out.

1.Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants all went 2-2 against each other. No teams eliminated
2.Redskins and Cowboys went 4-2 in NFC East, Giants go 3-3 in division. NY Giants eliminated (no teams eliminated in 2-team tiebreaker scenario if Giants lose)
3.Redskins went 7-5 against Saints (Win), Bengals (Loss), Buccaneers (Win), Falcons (Loss), Giants (Loss, Win), Steelers (Loss), Panthers (Loss), Eagles (Win, Win), Ravens (Win), and Browns (Win).

Cowboys went 8-4 against those same teams: Saints (Loss), Bengals (Win), Buccaneers (Win), Falcons (Loss), Giants (Win, Loss), Steelers (Win), Panthers (Win), Eagles (Win, Win), Ravens (Loss), and Browns (Win). Redskins eliminated, Cowboys win NFC East.
The three losses that hurt the Redskins the most in this scenario: The Panthers game (they're 6-9), the Steelers game (all those dropped passes and RGIII ran for just 8 yards... the Skins rushed for just 86 yards as a team), and the Bengals game (home debut for RGIII).

Conversely, look what the Cowboys did against those three opponents: Panthers (Dan Bailey hits two field goals in last four minutes, Cowboys win by five), Steelers (Cowboys tie game up with 6:55 left in regulation, win in OT on a Dan Bailey field goal), Bengals (Cowboys rally from 19-10 deficit in the fourth quarter to win on a Dan Bailey field goal at the end of the game.)

Sure the Redskins could still make the playoffs as a wild card. But the easiest, and most ideal, path to the playoffs is to win the division and get a home playoff game. Considering that Mike Shanahan worked for Al Davis once upon a time, I wouldn't be surprised if he tells the team on Sunday before the game to "Just win, baby."

Note: To everybody citing the Redskins superior conference record, that's the fourth tiebreaker. If the Redskins and Cowboys had identical records versus common opponents, conference record would apply. In this case, it does not. Also, if the Redskins and Cowboys were battling for a wild card spot, and were in different divisions, conference record is the second tiebreaker after head-to-head record. Because of the NFL's scheduling structure, divisional rivals play very similar schedules with the exception of a couple games. So comparing records versus common opponents carries more weight than conference record
Michael, I want to thank you for this clear explanation. It certainly makes clear what has to happen for the Skins. I am no longer cornfused.:smile2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back