Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

It sure wasn't a pretty win for the Redskins, but we're not giving it back. Saved our season for the time being and turned the race into a free-for-all. Giants won the first half by keeping the 'skins offense off the field and the Redskins returned the favor in the second half by getting their running game in gear. Ultimately it was that running game that won the game by picking up two crucial 1st downs while the 'skins kept the ball on their last possesion and ran out the clock. Can't overestimate the importance of keeping the ball out of Eli's hands over those last 4 minutes. We still got a rough schedule with the Baltimore game coming up and games against the Browns, Eagles, and Cowboys remaining, but at least we are relevent at this stage of the season for once. -- Al

Al,

The Redskins didn't win that game, the Giants handed it to them. 9 stupid penalties, a missed field goal, and a ridiculous decision to trust the final few minutes to a defense that hasn't been able to stop the run all season. Instead of taking the 5 yard running into the kicker penalty on the end of the punt, Coughlin should have taken the 5 yards to make it 4th and 10, and gone for it with his offense. I guess he thought he could have confidence in his defense (I have no idea why, considering how it had been run on all game).

I just don't get the Giants. Last week, the blow a game against a Red Skins team who couldn't stop their passing attack all game, by wasting downs running the ball in the 4th quarter, scoring only 16 points, while this week they hang 52 points on the Saints.

The Redskins and the Cowboys both kept pace, coming from behind in the last minute to beat Ravens and Bengals teams that just didn't keep the pedal down. Well, whoever wins the NFC East will earn it: 3 teams separated by one game, with 3 to play.

Actually it does; if the Patriots run the table and if the Broncos beat the Ravens, they go from having a bye, #2 seed to having to play on wildcard weekend and ending up with the #4 seed.

Today's loss was huge in that regard.
In that context, it is big. I was only concerned with the race within the division. Still 3 games to go and a lot can still change. -- Al

Whole lot of 'ifs' in there George, the Ravens need to do one thing win the AFC North, and not lose any more games in the last minute:mad:, Ravens could have easily be 12-2 as 9-4, but nothing seems to be easy this year and I'm sure it won't be these last 3 games, we handle our business at home next week against the Broncos and we'll see where things are, ..my hopes..Texans beat Pats, we beat Broncos and were right back in the second seed. ahhh, if it were that simple:)...Sammy

Sorry to burst your bubble Sammy, but it's not that simple.

If the Patriots lose to the Texans and if the Ravens beat the Broncos and if all three teams win out, there's a three way tie for the #2 seed at 12-4, the Patriots would get it due to better conference record.

Whole lot of if's there, but that's how it would work.

Oh and don't look now, but with that inspiring win today over the Jaguars, the Jets are 6-7 and if they run the table and finish 9-7 and 42 other teams lose out, they are in the playoffs.

Al,

The Redskins didn't win that game, the Giants handed it to them. 9 stupid penalties, a missed field goal, and a ridiculous decision to trust the final few minutes to a defense that hasn't been able to stop the run all season. Instead of taking the 5 yard running into the kicker penalty on the end of the punt, Coughlin should have taken the 5 yards to make it 4th and 10, and gone for it with his offense. I guess he thought he could have confidence in his defense (I have no idea why, considering how it had been run on all game).

I just don't get the Giants. Last week, the blow a game against a Red Skins team who couldn't stop their passing attack all game, by wasting downs running the ball in the 4th quarter, scoring only 16 points, while this week they hang 52 points on the Saints.

The Redskins and the Cowboys both kept pace, coming from behind in the last minute to beat Ravens and Bengals teams that just didn't keep the pedal down. Well, whoever wins the NFC East will earn it: 3 teams separated by one game, with 3 to play.
Giants really crushed Drew and gang today. They took care of business. I'm going to be glued to the TV when the Ravens and Giants meet. Should be a good one, and it will be important for several teams. -- Al

Sorry to burst your bubble Sammy, but it's not that simple.

If the Patriots lose to the Texans and if the Ravens beat the Broncos and if all three teams win out, there's a three way tie for the #2 seed at 12-4, the Patriots would get it due to better conference record.

Whole lot of if's there, but that's how it would work.

Oh and don't look now, but with that inspiring win today over the Jaguars, the Jets are 6-7 and if they run the table and finish 9-7 and 42 other teams lose out, they are in the playoffs.

Tis so true George, so many if's right now I can't keep 'em strait, and with 3 games remaining for the seeding anything can happen over the next 3 weeks, and if my Ravens can't remember how to play defense in the 4th quarter they might be sitting at home dreaming of things that could have been:mad:...Sammy

Tis so true George, so many if's right now I can't keep 'em strait, and with 3 games remaining for the seeding anything can happen over the next 3 weeks, and if my Ravens can't remember how to play defense in the 4th quarter they might be sitting at home dreaming of things that could have been:mad:...Sammy

Sammy, what happened to Suggs, he's hurt again? Lewis is coming back next week according to the announcers, so that will help.

What a rough road the Ravens have, Broncos, The Super Bowl Champion New York Giants and the Bengals, no gimmies there.

Good luck the rest of the way, the AFC playoffs are going to be a war this year, could be any of 4 different teams that win it...................

Giants really crushed Drew and gang today. They took care of business. I'm going to be glued to the TV when the Ravens and Giants meet. Should be a good one, and it will be important for several teams. -- Al

I am really surprised with Bree's performance the last two games...1TD & 7INT's...Put's the nail in the coffin for the Saints with the loss today !

Joe

I couldn't even post yesterday, I was so irritated at the Steelers. What a joke, they finally had things lining up and they.............wait for it..............laid an absolute egg against the Chargers.........who? The Chargers. Unbelievable. Time to play for some pride, how we can field that talented of a football team and look like we were not even at the stadium is disgusting. Every one of the Steelers should pay back their game pay for this week, that was a complete lack of effort for the entire game. Glad we could put up 24 points after realizing it was too late..................crap!

Ravens............as I have said since he came in the league, Flacco is durable and good, but just can't win bigger meaning games. Sorry Sammy, but I still stick by my unfortunate prophecy - Joe will not win the Bowl. For you, I hope I am wrong, but whatever the offensive ineptitude combo at the Ravens is, Joe is a part of it. I don't hang that one on the D yesterday at all. The Ravens O had 4 opps to put the pedal down and 2 ended on downs, 2 ended in turnovers by Flacco. How they even consider paying him big money next year is beyond me, I would tell him to go shop himself first much like the Steelers did to Wallace. OH by the way, Wallace is back to Earth and having a so so year, best investment we never MADE! (Truthfully, I don't care if Wallace comes back, he has fumbled and dropped crucial game changing passes (yesterday first half)).

TD

Mr. George...

what is the latest weather report for kick off tonight...

have you got tickets?

Mr. George...

what is the latest weather report for kick off tonight...

have you got tickets?

Mike,
It's cloudy here at the moment, about 60 degrees; rain comes in bursts, monsoon like to be honest when it comes.

They are calling for this all night long, not sure if it's going to develop into steadier rain or not.

If it does, advantage Patriots as they are used to this.

And yes, I have tickets to the game, also have tickets for the game next Sunday vs the 49ers thanks to my better half, she has access to all sorts of great tickets for sports, concerts, etc, etc, through her company............;)..............

I couldn't even post yesterday, I was so irritated at the Steelers. What a joke, they finally had things lining up and they.............wait for it..............laid an absolute egg against the Chargers.........who? The Chargers. Unbelievable. Time to play for some pride, how we can field that talented of a football team and look like we were not even at the stadium is disgusting. Every one of the Steelers should pay back their game pay for this week, that was a complete lack of effort for the entire game. Glad we could put up 24 points after realizing it was too late..................crap!

Ravens............as I have said since he came in the league, Flacco is durable and good, but just can't win bigger meaning games. Sorry Sammy, but I still stick by my unfortunate prophecy - Joe will not win the Bowl. For you, I hope I am wrong, but whatever the offensive ineptitude combo at the Ravens is, Joe is a part of it. I don't hang that one on the D yesterday at all. The Ravens O had 4 opps to put the pedal down and 2 ended on downs, 2 ended in turnovers by Flacco. How they even consider paying him big money next year is beyond me, I would tell him to go shop himself first much like the Steelers did to Wallace. OH by the way, Wallace is back to Earth and having a so so year, best investment we never MADE! (Truthfully, I don't care if Wallace comes back, he has fumbled and dropped crucial game changing passes (yesterday first half)).

TD

And on that note, Cam Cameron was fired today, the Ravens O coordinator...........

George,

Tonight is your team's big moment. You've got a dome team from Texas on your team's own version of the frozen tundra in Foxboro, with a chance to put yourself in the driver's seat going into the playoffs.

The Ravans are in a tailspin, and won't win more than 10 games.

The Steelers are in a tailspin, and, at 7-6, can't win more than 10 games.

You've got the tiebreaker over the Broncos.

Win tonight and you will have all the relevant tiebreakers in your favor, and a very good chance at the number one cede.

And you didn't think this team could do it . . . :rolleyes2:

Meanwhile, my Giants have to win out to be assured of a playoff spot, playing at 11-2 Atlanta, at 9-4 Ravens and vs. 5-8 Eagles, because they play in one of the only three Divisions in Football with three teams with winning records (the others being the NFC North [Packers 9-4, Bears 8-5, Vikings 7-6] and the AFC North [Ravens 9-4, Steelers 7-6, Bengals 7-6]). Those 5 or 6 guaranteed wins against the perenial doormats of the league (Jets, Dolphins and Bills) must be nice . . . :mad:

And on that note, Cam Cameron was fired today, the Ravens O coordinator...........

Last I checked Cam didn't fumble the ball away deep in his own territory, nor a couple of stupid ints. two weeks in a row:mad: but we'll see where we go from here, I do believe some of the play calling has been strange to say the least, but if it had worked old Cam would be a hero, so...the ball is in the Ravens court, if they can find away to finish the game Sunday they win the AFC North, hopefully we can out score them (broncos) as our defense is so banged up right now with 4 starters out as of Monday{eek3} might be time to break out my lucky drawers George?:)...Sammy

George, the Patriots looked every bit a SB team last night. They destroyed what was supposed to be a very good team. I don't see any real competition in the AFC that will keep them out of the SB. Baltimore has specific weaknesses and isn't playing real well, the Texans were just sent packing and will carry that beating to the playoffs knowing that they will have to go through thePats again, and Denver has Peyton but he doesn't fare well against the Pats, as a rule. It looks to me that the only thing that can keep the Pats from the SB is the Pats themselves and I don't see that happening. I know the games still have to be played, but you have to like the Pats chances. -- Al

George, the Patriots looked every bit a SB team last night. They destroyed what was supposed to be a very good team. I don't see any real competition in the AFC that will keep them out of the SB. Baltimore has specific weaknesses and isn't playing real well, the Texans were just sent packing and will carry that beating to the playoffs knowing that they will have to go through thePats again, and Denver has Peyton but he doesn't fare well against the Pats, as a rule. It looks to me that the only thing that can keep the Pats from the SB is the Pats themselves and I don't see that happening. I know the games still have to be played, but you have to like the Pats chances. -- Al
I overlooked the most important aspect of this game, in regards to the Redskins playoff chase. The Giants have to go into Atlanta next week. This begs the question "How do the Falcons react to the Patriot loss?". Do they pull themselves up by their bootstraps and smack the Giants back to NY, or do they lose their confidence and fold like wet cardboard to the Giants? Obviously, the Redskins hope it is the former result. Things are getting curiouser and curiouser in the NFC East. -- Al

Just a good ol behind the barn whipp'n put on the Texans last nite by the Pats, the once unbeatable Texans now are on shaky grounds, the Detriot coach gave the Texans a win on Thanksgiving and they were lucky to beat the Jags in the final minute the week before that, this years playoffs are going to be very interesting indeed, as I can see any team knocking the other out at any seed or location...Sammy

I overlooked the most important aspect of this game, in regards to the Redskins playoff chase. The Giants have to go into Atlanta next week. This begs the question "How do the Falcons react to the Patriot loss?". Do they pull themselves up by their bootstraps and smack the Giants back to NY, or do they lose their confidence and fold like wet cardboard to the Giants? Obviously, the Redskins hope it is the former result. Things are getting curiouser and curiouser in the NFC East. -- Al
Sorry about the above post. I meant how will the Falcons react to the loss to Carolina. I got a little confused, ie., a senior moment. But the sentiment about the Falcons still stands.{sm2} -- Al

Well men, last night was pretty special, got to see it in person thanks to my better half, am going to the 49ers game next Sunday as well thanks to her, she's got some pretty good sources for tickets, I'll give her that.

That was a beating from start to finish, plain and simple.

Then need to keep the momentum going next week as if they don't and lose, they could end up as the #4 seed, so they need to stay focused.

Pretty impressive *** kicking for sure. Tenth division title for this team, ten years in a row with 10+ wins, 11 out of the last 12 years actually and the one year this missed out there were 9-7,13-0 in December, Brady is playing like an MVP, the defense since they got Talib has looked very good, even without Gronk they are scoring points left, right and center.

They are peaking at the right time for sure............

Well men, last night was pretty special, got to see it in person thanks to my better half, am going to the 49ers game next Sunday as well thanks to her, she's got some pretty good sources for tickets, I'll give her that.

That was a beating from start to finish, plain and simple.

Then need to keep the momentum going next week as if they don't and lose, they could end up as the #4 seed, so they need to stay focused.

Pretty impressive *** kicking for sure. Tenth division title for this team, ten years in a row with 10+ wins, 11 out of the last 12 years actually and the one year this missed out there were 9-7,13-0 in December, Brady is playing like an MVP, the defense since they got Talib has looked very good, even without Gronk they are scoring points left, right and center.

They are peaking at the right time for sure............

If they win out and end up with home field, they will return to the Superbowl for the 6th time in 12 years. And you doubted they could do it . . . have faith my friend!

I have to doubt my team . . . they only play well then their backs are to the wall!{sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back