no dispatches....... lol now thats fun (1 Viewer)

Rob

Much the same for me. Collecting seems to be a constant 'catch up' so I do not normally buy a K&C piece straight away. It takes its place in the line and waits its turn.

Jack

I'm with you Jack^&grin...... I'm constantly in catch up mode and in all honesty have never had the funds available to purchase new items when they're released anyway. Sadly my guide is usually based upon the ever growing retirement list.{eek3}{sm5}

Wonder if we will see the cheap ranges being released next month be interesting to see the marked difference in figures from P to the lower range? Mitch

Problem with K&C with having a big range of different soldiers it make from Wild West to WW2 you got no idea when the next time your see anything new to you collect from one year to the next , I collect MG & there brilliant RAF range but beside the new MG figures that took two years for some new soldiers to coming out I've got no idea when were see some new RAF items maybe going the WB. Way with a catalogue would help with sells ? Just my personal opinion and not telling Andy how to do his job:smile2:

Uksubs,

The RAF range is brilliant and I started from the first Hurricane. I think to stick to RAF and MG is pretty narrow. If you get into a desert and/or winter range, you will get too much to look forward to.. :)

Rgds,Chris

Toddy...all my mob were from Scotland way back when...:wink2:{sm3}
Wayne.

LOL:salute::
YOUR NOT MISSING ANYTHING WITH ALL THE POVERTY
I WISH ALL MY MOB HAD MOVED TO OZ WAY BACK WHEN ,WE WOULD BE ROLLING IN MONEY AND SITTING AT THE BBQ ^&grin:wink2:
sCOTT

LOL:salute::
YOUR NOT MISSING ANYTHING WITH ALL THE POVERTY
I WISH ALL MY MOB HAD MOVED TO OZ WAY BACK WHEN ,WE WOULD BE ROLLING IN MONEY AND SITTING AT THE BBQ ^&grin:wink2:
sCOTT
I hear you mate, we actually have the weather for wearing a kilt, but not rolling in money that's a myth but the BBQ is standard most of the time.....:)
Wayne.

I hear you mate, we actually have the weather for wearing a kilt, but not rolling in money that's a myth but the BBQ is standard most of the time.....:)
Wayne.

haha ^&grin
kilts are for all weathers apart from windy days:wink2:
Our BBQs are burning cars with a couple of tatties tossed on them{sm4}
Scott

Anyway back on topic
looking forward to seeing next months despatches :salute::
Scott

I wonder if the cheaper range might be a WW 1 release. If the painting is to be completed to a different standard, perhaps a khaki uniform might not show the difference as much as a Nap uniform or a camo smock. Given the interest sure to be generated by the centenary commemorations, it would be a good introduction to the hobby to have access to a generic 1916 - 1918 Brit regiment in a variety of basic poses.

I wonder if the cheaper range might be a WW 1 release. If the painting is to be completed to a different standard, perhaps a khaki uniform might not show the difference as much as a Nap uniform or a camo smock. Given the interest sure to be generated by the centenary commemorations, it would be a good introduction to the hobby to have access to a generic 1916 - 1918 Brit regiment in a variety of basic poses.

Splendid idea Jack. Andy has already hinted at the centenary releases and I look forward to those , a British generic regt, would indeed be a great jumping off point for those entering the hobby via next year's anniversary.

Rob

Splendid idea Jack. Andy has already hinted at the centenary releases and I look forward to those , a British generic regt, would indeed be a great jumping off point for those entering the hobby via next year's anniversary.

Rob

Yes - it does seem a reasonable idea even if I do say so myself. A cheaper paint job on a Nap could look very ordinary next to some of the earlier releases but khaki, helmet and a .303 Lee Enfield would not show the difference anywhere near as much. Some Germans in Field Grey to oppose them, some artillery just to shut Wayne up, and then we are in business.

I was observing to Jack that I'm close to finishing my collecting on a couple of ranges, so I'll have my decks largely cleared by the time the WW1 centenaries start. I'll be looking at what all the makers bring out and choosing one to go hard with. I'm not married to any particular maker so it'll come down to good figures at a reasonable price. There must be a few others in the same mind as me on this?

Uksubs,

The RAF range is brilliant and I started from the first Hurricane. I think to stick to RAF and MG is pretty narrow. If you get into a desert and/or winter range, you will get too much to look forward to.. :)

Rgds,Chris

Chris I also collect Kc luft and British D D range ,Figarti train ,V weapon range + TG items and looking to buy Fl German WW2 figures but nothing else KC interest me to be fair

Yes - it does seem a reasonable idea even if I do say so myself. A cheaper paint job on a Nap could look very ordinary next to some of the earlier releases but khaki, helmet and a .303 Lee Enfield would not show the difference anywhere near as much. Some Germans in Field Grey to oppose them, some artillery just to shut Wayne up, and then we are in business.
Yes some Great War artillery is over due and some generic Tommy regiments which can be easily converted into Diggers...will it shut me up... not a chance.^&grin
Wayne.

I was observing to Jack that I'm close to finishing my collecting on a couple of ranges, so I'll have my decks largely cleared by the time the WW1 centenaries start. I'll be looking at what all the makers bring out and choosing one to go hard with. I'm not married to any particular maker so it'll come down to good figures at a reasonable price. There must be a few others in the same mind as me on this?

The commemoration events will surely see not only some great releases but a constant stream of them from many manufcaturers. The appeal of the commemoration will ensure that makers will also need to move beyond the obvious to differentiate their product from their competitors. Bring on the commemorations!

Yes some Great War artillery is over due and some generic Tommy regiments which can be easily converted into Diggers...will it shut me up... not a chance.^&grin
Wayne.

How will you cope with four years of commemorative releases?

Chris I also collect Kc luft and British D D range ,Figarti train ,V weapon range + TG items and looking to buy Fl German WW2 figures but nothing else KC interest me to be fair

Uksubs, Well, quite a varied range and usually the larger size items like planes, rockets, trains as the centerpiece. I can understand why you look forward to the dispatches as you are looking out very much for quite specific stuff. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back