Plastic Spartan pics (3 Viewers)

My first Spartan attempt :)
spar005.jpg

spar004.jpg

Cool! Nice paint job. Now, just the other 299 to go.....:eek:

Did you use a dark wash for the shield, or dry brush over a black primer?

I need to start on these guys soon.

Cheers
Simon

Thanks Wraith.
I used a black primer brass always works better over black i find :cool:

Thanks Wraith.
I used a black primer brass always works better over black i find :cool:

Cheers,

I was wondering whether to use a black or red primer, thought red might be a better base for the flesh and 'red bits'. I might look at using different colour primers on different areas. Nothing like laking work for myself :rolleyes:

Simon

Cheers,

I was wondering whether to use a black or red primer, thought red might be a better base for the flesh and 'red bits'. I might look at using different colour primers on different areas. Nothing like laking work for myself :rolleyes:

Simon

To tell you the truth i just paint the hole thing black after that its one coat.
of each color except flesh which always needs two coats i also use brown ink.
on the flesh but the lighting does flush that out.
Cheers.

Hail Einar! Hail Ragnar. Not bad. I like the black primer route myself. I use GW chaos black.

Cheers Kilted one :D
P.s Ragnar will be going on a Raiding party very soon..hint hint :cool:

Having troubles with the camera. But these were just completed for a client.
Most excellent my Lord of the Night; I am sure he is most eager to see them in person.:cool: Do they come with armor support, it might give Xerxes some pause.;):D

I would like to note that I just received KV's completed painted Spartans displayed below and they are very, very well done. I will try and post some better pictures integrating them with the metal lot soon. Thanks much Michael, even though you didn't send the armor support.:D

I would like to note that I just received KV's completed painted Spartans displayed below and they are very, very well done. I will try and post some better pictures integrating them with the metal lot soon. Thanks much Michael, even though you didn't send the armor support.:D

You are most welcome your Colonelship.

Started a new batch. Some of these will go to my son.

These are some of my favorites. They are still in the process of being finished. To see more check my albms under figures I have painted

Look good KV. Half way through painting a few up as Achillies and his troops, then on to Sparta!

Look good KV. Half way through painting a few up as Achillies and his troops, then on to Sparta!

Just about finished have touch up, feet/sandals, and bases to do. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike bases?

Just about finished have touch up, feet/sandals, and bases to do. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike bases?

Nope.

I don't mind doing bases.

Tell you what, I'll send you 300 Spartans with bases only painted, and you send me 300 with everything but the bases painted. Sound good? :p;)

Nope.

I don't mind doing bases.

Tell you what, I'll send you 300 Spartans with bases only painted, and you send me 300 with everything but the bases painted. Sound good? :p;)

I am going to cheat and use fake grass:eek::D:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back