Plastic Spartan pics (1 Viewer)

Going to work on the second set. Pics to follow soon.

The bronze ones are still the same figures right?

300.jpg

Havent touched any Spartans in a couple weeks but heres a pic of plastics with metal casualty figs.

No doubt the Bronze Spartans are the exact same figs and packaging.
I would have gone with Bronze to begin with but thats just me.

FUB

View attachment 20614

Havent touched any Spartans in a couple weeks but heres a pic of plastics with metal casualty figs.

No doubt the Bronze Spartans are the exact same figs and packaging.
I would have gone with Bronze to begin with but thats just me.

FUB

They look good Fub. Color-wise I guess the only reason to have different colors of plastic would be for different units or collectability.

The Conte website has an update on the plastic Spartans.
1) The red/scarlet Spartans are expected to soon be sold out until late 08 or early 09.
2) The smaller production runs of bronze or silver Spartans are in route and available for pre-order with a target delivery in October. The deal is the same as for the red Spartans: 10 blistercards for $200 plus $15 shipping which is a $40 savings. The '10" consists of 1 each of the 9 different cards plus a random set of our choosing. A $30 deposiit will be taken to hold your order. HaaOoooo:D
3) The huge demand for the Spartans is said to have encouraged Conte to extend the concept to other lines. Hopefully they will finish the Persians first.

spartan.jpg

This time the Spartans have back up! Silly Persians! Incur the wrath of the 6th Panzers!

Those are looking really cool Vamp! I have 30 or so primed and sitting collecting dust.I'm going to try and sand off the LAMBDA on one and paint as a Merc Hoplite, just for fun.
See you at the show!!!!
FUBUS

KV,

Very nice, the Spartans look great. I hope you are feeling better.

[B]This time the Spartans have back up![/B] Silly Persians! Incur the wrath of the 6th Panzers![/QUOTE]
That'll give them something to think about.:D Looking great KV, I really an expansion in the ranks coming up.;) Best of all, it is great to see you feeling up to returning to the ranks.:D

Over did it at work today. Going to take it easy.

Fub, was in Hospital and the Docs said no way! Still working though:D:D

I will get the rest of the primed.

Vamp, Leadmen told me you had a health issue that prevented you from attending the show.Hope all is well.
Your painted Spartans look great! Mine still sit primered and collecting dust.
fubbbbbbb

UPS Ground.
Thanks, mine too and UPS comes late afternoon for me. I love the bronze ones and wish these had come out first. The silver is interesting but not as nice to me as the Bronze. The red ones are just odd to me, it should have been a darker color. Of course I do expect to see paint on the majority. Since I made my mistakes on the red ones I have assembled a nice squad of weapon swapped and slightly modified functional swordsmen. I will try to get some pictures later.

Yeah I wish the red was the same color as his test shots, the plastic used was a little more flexible too. Of course the weapons and shields didn't match up quite as well as his production figures. I saw the bronze and the silver side by side at OTSN and I liked the silver better.

Yeah I wish the red was the same color as his test shots, the plastic used was a little more flexible too. Of course the weapons and shields didn't match up quite as well as his production figures. I saw the bronze and the silver side by side at OTSN and I liked the silver better.
The bronze / silver preference is a matter of taste I think. One thing that I noticed is that some of these bronze figures are a bit too soft and lighter in color. Unlike the regular plastic, they can't be heated and bent, which I have much enjoyed doing to improve some of the poses. The red ones were all uniform and I haven't opened all the silver ones yet.

I haven't opened all my silver yet either, but from what I have opened they seem to be a stiffer plastic then the reds.

I noticed this nice photo over at the Conte Blog. The note says they were painted by George Hanger from across the pond and submitted by Len Cooksey. Nice work indeed.
paintrfengland700.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back