Plastic Spartan pics (1 Viewer)

Bill, did I catch this right, that the helmets lift off / open in some way?

Simon
They do not lift off completely (like the heads and arms), at least not so far as I have had the courage to test.:eek: However, what is cool is that the cheek and nose guards are sufficiently soft as to be able to be raised temporarily to further expose the face, which is fully detailed; raises some interesting mod thoughts no?;):D

I only painted what I could reach.Left the eyes black. Didnt want a POPEYE look.
Not in full painting mode. Too busy.Just a little in the evenings.Always try and have a few with 1st layer of paint done. Come back and nite and finish one or two off.
Going to try some thing a little different on the next batch.
FUB

They do not lift off completely (like the heads and arms), at least not so far as I have had the courage to test.:eek: However, what is cool is that the cheek and nose guards are sufficiently soft as to be able to be raised temporarily to further expose the face, which is fully detailed; raises some interesting mod thoughts no?;):D

Hmmmmm.....I need to get these in my hands to have a proper mess around. Thanks for the clarification. Today is a Bank Holiday in the UK = No post. Anyday now.......

View attachment 19903

Get a pinvise drill and bit from your local hobby shop and drill out the broken part, some wire and glue and your back in business.Even a piece of toothpick will work.

Bronze armor and shields. A wash of black and a quick drydrush in bronze again.

FUB

Looking very nice. I should have some in my hands soon. The headache is going away too! Timing looks good:)

Just be careful when swapping hands, they can snap pretty easily.

Just be careful when swapping hands, they can snap pretty easily.
I wouldn't advise swaping hands, it is far easier to swap arms. I broke my two hands not being careful enough where I put the pressure but now that I know what to look for, that will be avoided in future.;)

View attachment 19903

Get a pinvise drill and bit from your local hobby shop and drill out the broken part, some wire and glue and your back in business.Even a piece of toothpick will work.

Bronze armor and shields. A wash of black and a quick drydrush in bronze again.

FUB

nice job fubar they look the buisness ,whats the secret to a decent black wash?everytime i have tryed it seems to be either to thin or to thick.
simo

Has anyone noticed the single cards of plastic Spartans for sale on Ebay, that didn't take long but for the most part, with shipping the starting bid price is above the dealer prices around. I am thinking I need some more swordsmen though.

Has anyone noticed the single cards of plastic Spartans for sale on Ebay, that didn't take long but for the most part, with shipping the starting bid price is above the dealer prices around. I am thinking I need some more swordsmen though.

I guess it was going to happen as soon as the consignments went out to the Conte distributors anyway, and now Conte themselves are selling single cards.
Saying that, I'd have gotten all of the cards anyway.

Mine have landed in the UK, courtesy of Fub first and Conte second. Still undecided with the 5 repeated figures, whether to pose them pretty identically so I can have soom cool looking shield walls and phalanx formations, or whether to start mixing the bits up to get loads of different poses.

I'm already thinking of picking off some extra cards as well, to bolster the numbers. I've only got to purchase another 209 figures, or just 172 if I use the Conte metal and PU Spartans I've already got. Either way, that's a whole lot of painting to do....:eek:

I am going to try and keep the arms flexible for now. I do need to replace a few of my broken swordsmen:eek: as well. I must do better with arm swapping now. Much painting indeed, of course I turned to someone competent for that task.;)

I am going to try and keep the arms flexible for now. I do need to replace a few of my broken swordsmen:eek: as well. I must do better with arm swapping now. Much painting indeed, of course I turned to someone competent for that task.;)

Does he work night shifts by any chance? MuHaHaHaHa! :p;)
I've got a few projects to finish first, then I get to slap the paint on the 300!

Watch what you do with the hands, they seem to snap off fairly easily, I've broken off two already, one by trying to pull it out, the other by just twisting. Nothing I can't repair, but something to be fore warned about.

Does he work night shifts by any chance? MuHaHaHaHa! :p;)
I've got a few projects to finish first, then I get to slap the paint on the 300!
Well I understand he wears a cape and has some interesting dietary notions.;):D

Watch what you do with the hands, they seem to snap off fairly easily, I've broken off two already, one by trying to pull it out, the other by just twisting. Nothing I can't repair, but something to be fore warned about.

Cheers for the warning Ed, I've not messed around with them too much at the moment, but I suspect I won't be able to keep my curiosity in check much longer.

BTW, if you speak to Jason soon, I could really go for some of his Persians (and Spartans, FJ's etc..), should he change his mind and start selling again.

He had quite a bit of trouble with some lunatic he encountered through e-bay and who later started buying from him through his web site. This situation pretty much soured him on the on line business at least for now. You can still find painted SPartans and Persians on e-bay every now and then though.

I have some of his Persians and Spartans and they are closer to the true 54mm, while Conte's are true 60's so there is a noticable size difference with some of them. Some of it has to do with the bases used and some will fit in rather nicely, a mixed bag really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back