Plastic Spartan pics (3 Viewers)

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

Well the Spartans are close now - not quite close enough, I get married in June and thereafter my spending will be severely curtailed (mortgage, sigh...) so it's gunna be tight. It was great to read Conte's news and get my head around it all. Money/wife permitting, I think I'll get 5 sets of the crimson and 2 each of the silver and bronze. I'm not a painter but I love the variety in the colours. That'll give me the starting point for a diarama.

Anyway, fingers crossed that June works out.

Welcome to the forum larso.
How about seeing if you can pay up front at the end of May? ;)

63 in 9 cards? Muuuustt....paainnnnnt...themmmm....allllll......:eek:

Welcome indeed Larso. I am sure you can arrange some prepayment or "payment commitment" option.

On painting all 63, 5 of each card will be "...the 3 'phalanx' poses(rows 1,2 & 3) and the 2 'shield wall' poses...". So in theory, you can adjust your painting to suit the size of the shield wall (which means you will paint all 63:D)

I like the bronze the best as well and I thought it might be the best for painting since so much of the armor is bronze any way. One small problem seems to be that the initial production is limited to the scarlet color, seeming perferred by 55-60% of some feedback.:( There is no mention on how much later the bronze and silver will come. Of course, the Conte office took my order for a mix of all three colors so I need to sort that out.:rolleyes: No matter, it will be nice to have them.:)

There seems to be some folks on some other forum that have the opinion that the Plastic Spartans will be 70mm or larger. Based on all Conte has said about them they will be the same size as the metal Spartans, which I have measured at 58-60mm. I have seen posted photos comparing the plastic and medal versions and can find the one at the Conte blog doing that for the celebrating Spartan. Does anyone remember where the comparison for the Spartan with sword and arrows in his shield (or any others) is posted?

Does anyone remember where the comparison for the Spartan with sword and arrows in his shield (or any others) is posted?

About 1/2" below this text. ;)

spart5.jpg

spart1.jpg

Simon

Thanks Wraith but do you have a seperate link for where the top photo is located as well. I was pretty sure I had seen it outside this forum but I can't seem to find it now.

So the letter I got said they were only going to sell full sets first. 9 boxes at $23 each? C'mon.......

My May 6 letter says:
"Prereservations being taken now. At first we will only sell and pack orders for all 9 cards sold at one time, in order for us to pack & ship as many orders as we can....They will only be available in Spartan blood red scarlet to begin with."

On the web site and when I placed my reservation, they said the price of the card was not final but expected to be around $22, maybe less for the initial run.

So single sets and the other two colors will be available for those who wait I guess. The pricing is disappointing but given what has gone into these I am not that surprised. Metal quality sculpting and molding and the poseability and ability to interchange heads/arms/weapons, that cannot come cheap, even in China. They are really pushing that 300 thing though. If that is the case, they should have come 10 to the card.:D

Last edited:
For those of you who have been awaiting along with complaining about the availability please check the latest up date posted by Richard on the Conte web site. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with what you see and soon will be jumping with joy and hopefully the Zulu War metal figures to follow shortly after....The Lt.

Thanks Lt. These do promise to be extraordinary and I am happy to see RC address the silly rumours going around that they would be a larger size than the existing Spartans. This is a direct link to the many new photos:
http://www.contecostore.com/spartan_preorderb.html
I have had my pre-order in for a while.;):D
SPARTANS, PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Wraith, I already have a couple metal ones plus I painted up some old Atlantic Greeks and converted Trojans { Cheapo BMC Greeks supplied heads and shields}into Allies. Maybe 220 left to go.But then think of all the Perians we'll need!
I took some pix, Have to find the right disk.Heres an old one to help start the foaming at the mouth.
FUB

Attachments

• 300b.jpg
    300b.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 74
Wraith, I already have a couple metal ones plus I painted up some old Atlantic Greeks and converted Trojans { Cheapo BMC Greeks supplied heads and shields}into Allies. Maybe 220 left to go.But then think of all the Perians we'll need!
I took some pix, Have to find the right disk.Heres an old one to help start the foaming at the mouth.
FUB

Nice shot Fub! I don't need any encouragement, I'm already dribbling in preperation. I've picked up a few sets of the metal ones as well, plus I've got some of the Plastic Underground ones painted up, so only 267 to go. It's a breeze :eek:

10,000 Immortals? 2 days painting, tops. :rolleyes:

... I've picked up a few sets of the metal ones as well, plus I've got some of the Plastic Underground ones painted up, so only 267 to go. It's a breeze :eek:

10,000 Immortals? 2 days painting, tops. :rolleyes:
Boy you are fast, care to paint some of mine then.:D;)

I have several sets of Persians and Spartans but waiting anxiously for the plastic reinforcements to plug the gaps with their variable poses.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back