Prices (4 Viewers)

I don't think most people think it's a greedy plot by the manufacturers, just the current facts of life. However, as I mentioned earlier, it potentially may lead to people being squeezed out as collectors or, at the very least, a reduction in amounts spent.

I don't think most people think it's a greedy plot by the manufacturers, just the current facts of life. However, as I mentioned earlier, it potentially may lead to people being squeezed out as collectors or, at the very least, a reduction in amounts spent.

Maybe not a reduction in the amounts spent. Maybe just a reduction in the number of pieces bought. :(

Correct me if im wrong (i don't doubt people will.........{sm4} )but the price has gone up because people working in China making Soldiers for us to collect are getting paid more ?? Isn't this a good thing so they to can have a great life like we all do a house,car,TV etc etc and maybe to they might have the money to start a hobby like ummmmmmmmm maybe collecting K+C or figarti or TGM and join a forum on there new PC that they can now afford.As for materials going up thats totally out of K+Cs hands so i don't understand all the whinging if you can't afford it get another job (people in China probarly have 2 jobs and work 28 hours a day 9 days a week (exaggeration)so no i don't have a prob with price rises because they are going up because K+C arn't greedy its totally out of there control and instead of 20 million TS,s in your collection you might only have a few thousand im more concerned about the price of beer going up cost a man a arm and a leg for a middy at the local...............................{sm4}

And another thing it stops "Those" people who buy 10 items hide 9 in the wardrobe them bring them out a year later and flog them on ebay for a tidy profit.................{sm2}{sm2}{sm2}

And one more thing i have been collecting for around 3 years now and been paying for shipping loosing money on exchange rates etc,but now its reversed thanks to a strong Aussie dollar {bravo}} and economy the shoes on the other foot my advice is to just grin and bear it i have and im not alone in saying that.

Wayne mate,
You are a pistol. :smile2::smile2: Just love your posts cobber. :) Brightens up a dull day{sm4}{sm4} The price of beer is a bigger problem than TS prices. My son just purchased his first business --- A Pub.^&grin^&grin^&grin The drinks are on him.
Cheers Howard

Maybe not a reduction in the amounts spent. Maybe just a reduction in the number of pieces bought. :(

Terry, It could wind up being both: a reduction in pieces bought, as well as dollars spent...It all will boil down to less sales.There is a ceiling for all prices on non-essential items; where folks will say enough is enough.

From what I understand, hasn't the price of all metals gone up in the last year ?
I wish the company well in their quests as they are IMO the standard in the industry ! ^&grin

Wayne mate,
You are a pistol. :smile2::smile2: Just love your posts cobber. :) Brightens up a dull day{sm4}{sm4} The price of beer is a bigger problem than TS prices. My son just purchased his first business --- A Pub.^&grin^&grin^&grin The drinks are on him.
Cheers Howard

Count me in mate sit here and whinge about the price of polystone or have a coldie..................see you in the bar Howard.......{sm4}

Terry, It could wind up being both: a reduction in pieces bought, as well as dollars spent...It all will boil down to less sales.There is a ceiling for all prices on non-essential items; where folks will say enough is enough.

As my father likes to say, talk is cheap only money buys real whiskey.

Most folks don't do what they say. Let the chips fall where they may, and we will go from there.

I went back and looked at this thread and although we answered the young man's question who started the thread, we probably appear to him like doom and gloom.

Let's not forget plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose (the more things change, the more they remain the same) :)

New collectors, be they young or old, are the future of the hobby. Yes, things may be a trifle expensive but I'm sure that when I started collecting back in those halcyon days of 2005, things may have looked expensive to experienced collectors of that time.

I may be accused of being Pollyana-esque, but instead of accentuating the negative, let's accentuate the positive: wonderfully sculpted figures from K & C and many other manufacturers and lots of choices, from both retired and current figures. Let's not forget it's "toy" soldiers so I think we need to focus on the good things (as well as the more realistic things in life). When you come home from a hard day in the business world or a busy day at school, to look at your little men is to lose yourself in history and enjoyment.

I remember way back in 1998 paying 15.99 for the early Britains Matt ACW figures. I though those were crazy prices.

The way I see it you like it or lump it as there a lot people still happy to pay at today prices so why do the company's need to worry :wink2: I don't buy it the price rises are all down to cost in China as you look at other item made in that country and there not been the big jump in prices fact , a another point for me is value for money , for me I don't buy any toy soldiers in the UK as for me the price is way to high & if the cost of shipping go up I will stop buying & more into something else

And one more thing i have been collecting for around 3 years now and been paying for shipping loosing money on exchange rates etc,but now its reversed thanks to a strong Aussie dollar {bravo}} and economy the shoes on the other foot my advice is to just grin and bear it i have and im not alone in saying that.

Wayne mate,
You hit the nail right on the head. Our American mates are going thru what we did many years ago. When I first started collecting K&C the US/Aussie exchange rate was 60c in the USD$1 which meant that whilst the blokes in the US were paying USD$30 a figure I was paying AUD$42 a figure. But with swings and roundabouts and a strong Aussie dollar the USD$37 figure is now costing me AUD $35
Life is sometimes beautiful. Enjoy your collecting while the exchange rate lasts.
Cheers Howard^&grin

I went back and looked at this thread and although we answered the young man's question who started the thread, we probably appear to him like doom and gloom.

Let's not forget plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose (the more things change, the more they remain the same) :)

New collectors, be they young or old, are the future of the hobby. Yes, things may be a trifle expensive but I'm sure that when I started collecting back in those halcyon days of 2005, things may have looked expensive to experienced collectors of that time.

I may be accused of being Pollyana-esque, but instead of accentuating the negative, let's accentuate the positive: wonderfully sculpted figures from K & C and many other manufacturers and lots of choices, from both retired and current figures. Let's not forget it's "toy" soldiers so I think we need to focus on the good things (as well as the more realistic things in life). When you come home from a hard day in the business world or a busy day at school, to look at your little men is to lose yourself in history and enjoyment.

Good words Brad
mario

Cost of living pressures are a reality in every aspect of our lives. A business has to survive and market pressures dictate keeping prices down as best as possible. K&C is no different to anyone else and I don't think they want to ruin their business by exaggerating production cost issues and pricing people out of the hobby. I accept the need for the K&C price increases.

I don't expect quality or variety to be compromised and K&C will not disappoint on this front. This is what excites me about collecting K&C and no doubt other collectors have the same view and this is why our hobby will grow despite the price increases.

And like Howard remarks the prices of some other TS companies are much more than K&C even before the price increase debate started.

There a lot people still happy to pay at today prices so why do the company's need to worry :wink2: I don't buy it the price rises are all down to cost in China as you look at other item made in that country and there not been the big jump in prices fact

I don't buy it either...Prices have risen too rapidly to make the arguement for increased production costs in China (or wherever)....Yes overhead costs are a factor...but..... it's partly the philosophy of: "prices are set at what the market will bear"....That may work for gasoline,food and other essential items......If some people are still happy with these price points fine..."exspect more"...and get a second job to PAY MORE????...LOL you're kidding.... many of us really enjoy this hobby but we are not enslaved to it....Ultimately as in all markets the buyers decide weather a product is "worth it".

I don't buy it either...Prices have risen too rapidly to make the arguement for increased production costs in China (or wherever)....Yes overhead costs are a factor...but..... it's partly the philosophy of: "prices are set at what the market will bear"....That may work for gasoline,food and other essential items......If some people are still happy with these price points fine..."exspect more"...and get a second job to PAY MORE????...LOL you're kidding.... many of us really enjoy this hobby but we are not enslaved to it....Ultimately as in all markets the buyers decide weather a product is "worth it".

Why sweat over it , I agree prices have realy cranked up and I pass on a heap of stuff these days because of it and dont lose any sleep .
If it is sucking your enjoyement of the hobby ditch it like a hot
potato and move on .

Not sweating over it...More important issues to sweat over:wink2:.....Most will simply buy much less....fine with me:wink2:...no problem....let the buyers decide....e-nuff said...finito...... Life goes on.:smile2:

Not sweating over it...More important issues to sweat over:wink2:.....Most will simply buy much less....fine with me:wink2:...no problem....let the buyers decide....e-nuff said...finito...... Life goes on.:smile2:

Sweet, life is a box of fluffys then :smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back