Public Service Announcement (4 Viewers)

Tom,

We are here for your amusement! Now, if we could get Larry to join in, that would be a show we could take on the road ^&grin

Tom,

We are here for your amusement! Now, if we could get Larry to join in, that would be a show we could take on the road ^&grin

Sorry Brad, will have to pass, the road show would be Bing Crosby and Bob Hope :tongue::smile2: So, I guess you and Louis should be sufficient to keep Tom amused {eek3}^&grin

This auction for the dray cart looks to be fallout from the recent Old Toy Soldiers auction.

eBay Trophy buyers never stop to amaze me...two plain EMPTY Trophy boxes sold tonight for $157! I have more then 100 empty Trophy boxes ~ $8K+ but I will low the price... let say to $6K..any takers? ^&grin^&grin^&grin
Al

On Ebay now.......

ATTACK ON LA HAYE SAINTE

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trophy-Limited-...796761264?pt=Toy_Soldiers&hash=item33688334b0

KGrHqZjoE3NQh3hCzBN8Bt8ukvg_12.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Martyn,

Of late, I have noticed that a number of Trophy sellers on eBay have set shipping as restricted to the USA, UK and EU only. I recognise this is the prerogative of the sellers, but I am not sure why.

In the past, I would write to such a seller to ask for permission for international bidding if I really wanted the set. In 9 out of 10 sellers, the answer would be yes provided I was willing to pay for the hefty international postage.

I am still Trophy hunting but rather less now and only for what I can't live without.

Cheers, Raymond.:)

PS: Thanks for the heads up on the La Haye Saint set, but I shall make do with my Royal Scots Greys for now.

I saw that last night. Is that an outlandish price (not that I plan to bid on it)? :smile2:

Hi Martyn,

Of late, I have noticed that a number of Trophy sellers on eBay have set shipping as restricted to the USA, UK and EU only. I recognise this is the prerogative of the sellers, but I am not sure why.

In the past, I would write to such a seller to ask for permission for international bidding if I really wanted the set. In 9 out of 10 sellers, the answer would be yes provided I was willing to pay for the hefty international postage.

I am still Trophy hunting but rather less now and only for what I can't live without.

Cheers, Raymond.:)

PS: Thanks for the heads up on the La Haye Saint set, but I shall make do with my Royal Scots Greys for now.

Hi Raymond

Where a Seller in the USA has not listed the UK as a shipping destination I also ask the same question and, like your good self, I get a positive response 9 times out of 10{bravo}}

I'm glad to hear you are still Trophy hunting:salute:::salute::

Cheers

I saw that last night. Is that an outlandish price (not that I plan to bid on it)? :smile2:

Hi Brad

I think the last set I knew of for sale in the UK sold for about the starting bid price on this one if that helps

Cheers

Guess it's a fair price then Martyn. The only thing I had to go on was the Gettysburg set that was on a month or so ago. The seller had actually listed it a long time ago around the same price but, lacking any bidders, kept reducing it until it was at a price that I wanted to pay :smile2:

Guess it's a fair price then Martyn. The only thing I had to go on was the Gettysburg set that was on a month or so ago. The seller had actually listed it a long time ago around the same price but, lacking any bidders, kept reducing it until it was at a price that I wanted to pay :smile2:

There are 2 big box ACW sets on eBay and these have been up for a while. As I far as I can recall, the asking prices have remained unchanged.

One can never tell with "Buy it Now". It either goes really fast or stays up for weeks.

Raymond:)

Hi Brad

As I've said before, I find it strange that ACW and WW1 Trophy don't have the same appeal as other series, though saying that I only have one ACW set^&grin

I expect this set to crash the £1000 barrier, especially if any prospective buyers are viewing Tommy's sets in the "ADD-ON'S" thread:wink2:

Cheers

Martyn,

I think it may be due to the other ranges such as Zulu, Sudan and India being more colorful and more appealing to the eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back