Public Service Announcement (3 Viewers)

There are 2 big box ACW sets on eBay and these have been up for a while. As I far as I can recall, the asking prices have remained unchanged.

One can never tell with "Buy it Now". It either goes really fast or stays up for weeks.

Raymond:)

Hi Raymond

There are a couple of Napoleonic Flag bearers on Ebay at the moment with a "Buy it Now" price of £179.50 each, they may be there for a week or two:wink2:

Similar sets where on sale at the London Show last year for between £32 and £39 each

Cheers

Martyn:)

Martyn,

I think it may be due to the other ranges such as Zulu, Sudan and India being more colorful and more appealing to the eye.

You could be right Brad

Thankfully that could be the same reason Boer War sets aren't as popular......YET^&grin

Cheers

There are 2 big box ACW sets on eBay and these have been up for a while. As I far as I can recall, the asking prices have remained unchanged.

One can never tell with "Buy it Now". It either goes really fast or stays up for weeks.

Raymond,

I was extremely fortunate as the seller wanted to sell the one I purchased but other sellers are not so necessarily inclined.

I just sold the Peking Gate for my friend for approximately $2,200. Needless to say he was ecstatic and I was speechless! It will help pay for his daughter's wedding so I was glad to be able to do this for him.

Dave,

It goes without saying that he was quite appreciative so thanks.

Brad,

Sometimes I have to snag something at a premium just so the "deep pocket boys" don't have all the fun. I'm glad the money will be going to good use.

Dave

I just sold the Peking Gate for my friend for approximately $2,200. Needless to say he was ecstatic and I was speechless! It will help pay for his daughter's wedding so I was glad to be able to do this for him.

Brad,
I am very glad for your friend : he is in luck today ^&grin. I do not know who won it but I know the underbidder (and it's not not me) :)
Al

Raymond,

I was extremely fortunate as the seller wanted to sell the one I purchased but other sellers are not so necessarily inclined.

Brad,

Congratulations on the sale of the Peking Gate for your friend who must be very grateful to you for your help. I always feel good helping a friend.

Best of luck in your hunt for more ACW sets. My hunt for Trophy has had its moments of joy and also pain (on my wallet)......:tongue:

Raymond.:)

Excellent news Brad :salute:::salute::, and I'm very pleased its gone to a Trophy collector who will thoroughly enjoy it Dave {bravo}}

Cheers

Brad,

Congratulations on the sale of the Peking Gate for your friend who must be very grateful to you for your help. I always feel good helping a friend.

Best of luck in your hunt for more ACW sets. My hunt for Trophy has had its moments of joy and also pain (on my wallet)......:tongue:

Raymond.:)

Excellent news Brad :salute:::salute::, and I'm very pleased its gone to a Trophy collector who will thoroughly enjoy it Dave {bravo}}

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words Raymond and Martyn.

Raymond, there's a set on eBay now that I'd like to have -- the Confederate Shore Party -- but it's gotten too expensive. I could have had this set at the Valley Forge show for less than it's selling now but I had already spent too much money by then. My view is that everything shows up again sooner or later.

Cheers

Martyn,

I certainly will! Now, if I can only get this basement finished, I could open my "museum." ^&grin

Dave

Raymond, there's a set on eBay now that I'd like to have -- the Confederate Shore Party -- but it's gotten too expensive. I could have had this set at the Valley Forge show for less than it's selling now but I had already spent too much money by then. My view is that everything shows up again sooner or later.

I don't think you are the only Forum Trophy fan that would like it Brad :smile2::wink2: and it's not me^&grin

I have 5 oars and the goat from the set{eek3}^&grin

Cheers

I don't think you are the only Forum Trophy fan that would like it Brad :smile2::wink2: and it's not me^&grin

I have 5 oars and the goat from the set{eek3}^&grin

Cheers

There must be a few people who like it Martyn. It's up to $293.

BTW, having only five oars will earn you a meeting with Davy Jones in his locker ^&grin (and I don't mean Davy Jones of the Monkees :rolleyes2:)

Cheers,

There must be a few people who like it Martyn. It's up to $293.

BTW, having only five oars will earn you a meeting with Davy Jones in his locker ^&grin (and I don't mean Davy Jones of the Monkees :rolleyes2:)

Cheers,

I’m a Believer, I know that I’ll track down the missing oar one day ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Brad,

I don't recall seeing such competitive bidding on a Trophy ACW set in recent times.....maybe I haven't been watching the Trophy ACW sets on eBay that much.

It has pass the $300 mark and still looks set to climb with 5 hours to go.....it must be the goat.^&grin:tongue:

Brad,

I don't recall seeing such competitive bidding on a Trophy ACW set in recent times.....maybe I haven't been watching the Trophy ACW sets on eBay that much.

It has pass the $300 mark and still looks set to climb with 5 hours to go.....it must be the goat.^&grin:tongue:

It is definitely the goat Raymond, one minute it has been captured by the CSA and the next it turns up as a pet of the Royal Marines.......or it could be the very collectable oars ^&grin :salute:::salute::

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back