Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (1 Viewer)

Those are some excellent Ancients, Cantinetozzo! I like the scars on the face of the late Roman infantryman.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "SPB"? My guess is that "SP" is "St. Petersburg", but since they're souvenirs, I'm curious to know.

Prost!
Brad

SPB is indeed from Sain Petersburg..it's an ebay store..you can find it here:http://www.ebay.it/usr/spbsouvenir?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754
Some time ago their quality was outstanding (for the cheaper figures...) There were about 2 ranges of price: Elite quality (all figures from 60/70 euros and more) and Collectible quality (from about 16/20 euros to 60/70) ...well you could find work of art even in the 20/30 euro range...now the quality seems diminishing a little...but there are a few pieces worthy even at the cheapest cost. No need to say that the elite quality is some of the best toy soldiers you can find in Russia.

Thanks!

Duh! SPB=Saint PetersBurg. I didn't even see it. Kind of the German way of abbreviating things.

Prost!
Brad

Some new Russian goodies have been added to the collection - in other words, I am still feeding my lil addiction!!! {sm4}
These are the following:
Troika Diorama Sineus Studio
Bolli Bollason Varangian Chieftain AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6395
Jean d'Albret King of Navarre Holding Lance AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6391.2
Ivarr the Boneless AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6378
Persian Emperor Xerxes AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6389
William Wallace Protector of Scotland AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6396
Count of Palantine and Bavaria w/ Sword AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 3574.4
U.S. General w/Dog AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection XX301

I love this depiction of William Wallace. I am not sure the shield would be historically accurate, but finally we have a figure without that historically INaccurate blue face! Possible my favorite of the grouping is the figure of Xerxes. I just love the robes. Obviously the U.S. General is Patton, but unlike other companies, Aeroart decided to play it safe with the naming, I guess!

Troika%20Diorama-Sineus%20Studio%20img1-L.jpg

Troika%20Diorama-Sineus%20Studio%20img2-L.jpg

Troika%20Diorama-Sineus%20Studio%20img3-L.jpg

Some new Russian goodies have been added to the collection - in other words, I am still feeding my lil addiction!!! {sm4}
These are the following:
Troika Diorama Sineus Studio
Bolli Bollason Varangian Chieftain AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6395
Jean d'Albret King of Navarre Holding Lance AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6391.2
Ivarr the Boneless AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6378
Persian Emperor Xerxes AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6389
William Wallace Protector of Scotland AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6396
Count of Palantine and Bavaria w/ Sword AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 3574.4
U.S. General w/Dog AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection XX301

I love this depiction of William Wallace. I am not sure the shield would be historically accurate, but finally we have a figure without that historically INaccurate blue face! Possible my favorite of the grouping is the figure of Xerxes. I just love the robes. Obviously the U.S. General is Patton, but unlike other companies, Aeroart decided to play it safe with the naming, I guess!

Troika%20Diorama-Sineus%20Studio%20img1-L.jpg

Troika%20Diorama-Sineus%20Studio%20img2-L.jpg

Troika%20Diorama-Sineus%20Studio%20img3-L.jpg
What material are the reins?

That Sleigh is a work of art !

You've done well with all of these.

Thank you.

I haven't posted any Russian figure photos in a while, so have a little catching up to do. Here some of the figures I've been lucky enough to acquire in the last 6 months or so.
6398 Emperor Charlemagne Aeroart St. Petersburg Collection prototype
This figure is mesmerizing; beautiful sculpt and immaculate paint work.

6394.2 Celt chieftain Ambiorix
I love Celts and always get excited when a new one comes out; great figure.

PB632 Andronovo Culture (Bronze Age Russian) warrior Russian Vityaz
This figure has great presence; love the face, shield and archaic tattoos.

RV50 Renaissance knight Nevskaya Miniature
Majestic brilliance

RV55 Teutonic knight with flag Nevskaya Miniature
If you're wondering about the crescent symbol, it had yet to be adopted by Islam. Here we see it as part of the Coat or Arms of one of the Grand Masters of The Order of The Teutonic Knights of St. Mary's Hospital in Jerusalem.

AR19 Timur (Tamerlane) Nevskaya Miniatura

Unearthly, breathtaking detail; I don't know how they do it. Magnificent sculpt- love the horse!!

end

Sorry everyone, the photos were there for a while and then strangely vanished. Could be an issue w/ the new TF server since the photo hosting site still appears to be functioning properly. If the photos don't reappear I will try re-posting them another time.

Joe

Fantastic additions! They are all wonderful.

So, you're the reason Charlemagne is sold out! {sm3}

Fantastic additions! They are all wonderful.

So, you're the reason Charlemagne is sold out! {sm3}

Thanks Zach! Glad you like 'em. Charlemagne was actually never in stock. Those are pictures of the prototype on the Aeroart website.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back