Resale market collapse (1 Viewer)

Similar to Rob ,i want my collection containing vehicles,planes and figures to have a certain look,therefore i will not entertain early K&C pieces that in my opinion dont conform to the desired look.I always think long and hard before i add to my collection,the present range of K&C products more than deliver for me personally therefore i rarely venture too far into the retired products . ken

I agree Ken.There are one or two retired older items I would like to have but they are all vehicles and not figure sets.

Rob

Kaiser staff car goes for 75.00 on ebay.

Resale market in full collapse

retired stuff now worth less than original price

yikes!

RECENT SALES REPORT (a select few of many) from eBay just for fun proving that there indeed is a sales cycle so NO need to panic...

K&C BBA005: $139.99
K&C BBG008: $169.99
K&C DD025: $451.00
K&C DD026: $451.00
K&C DD029: $50.00
K&C DD050: $350.00
K&C DD067: $114.99
K&C DD092: $157.50
K&C WS033: $319.99
K&C WS062: $124.99
K&C WS070: $500.00
K&C WS079: $171.99
TGM 001A: $183.38

Yes things are certainly all over the place as of late!:D

:confused: If the Retired Toy Market Collection's, isn't selling well, so 'Why , are the New K&C and CS and Figarti, and other Toy Manufacturer's, selling their Products for Higher Price's? Dosen't make sence?

The Berlin tenement should be listed on the commodities market!:p

Maybe a stimulus package is required for K/C "retired" items :D....or maybe just reduced prices.....LOOK OUT BELOW

RECENT SALES REPORT (a select few of many) from eBay just for fun proving that there indeed is a sales cycle so NO need to panic...

Marc, can you provide me with that person's contact info who bid the previous bid of $451 so I can sell them sets DD25 &26 for less:D

It is refreshing to see an opinion based on data.

bearing in mind that the main data and this thread is primarily based on EBAY as that is the only main public area that you can readily see K&C being sold.

I also watch Toy Auctions and of course our own private second hand sales.

i am more than confident that there is NO COLLAPSE in the second hand resale market in fact there are a lot more collections coming up for sale at the moment being driven by the economic downturn and collectors wanting a quick buck.

My house price goes up and down all the time but i have no intention in selling so dont panic when in the UK house prices drop a thousand pound here or there! or like wise i dont get excited when house prices go up.

A figure on ebay is only worth what that collector at THAT time wants to pay. I sell on ebay and am always amazed (especially when selling of houshold items) the prices people are willing to pay. I have been selling items of Star wars on ebay and one week they may not even sell and then i relist at a lower price and the following week / month they sell higher!! i dont then base the price of my other items on these.

Tony
K&C UK

Value and worth to a collector IMO are different things I would hate to see the hobby go to peices because every one wants the stuff to remain at RRP. Its part of being a collector that we all have sets which others have not and adds to the exclusivity of our collections.

As long as there are collectors and new collectors and who have the money and the inclination to spend items will always at least, worst case hold their value but, more than likely rise.

As I mentioned in one of the posts on price increases You pay for what you get and, IMO we are purchasing at the top end of the market.
Mitch

bearing in mind that the main data and this thread is primarily based on EBAY as that is the only main public area that you can readily see K&C being sold.

I also watch Toy Auctions and of course our own private second hand sales.

i am more than confident that there is NO COLLAPSE in the second hand resale market in fact there are a lot more collections coming up for sale at the moment being driven by the economic downturn and collectors wanting a quick buck.

My house price goes up and down all the time but i have no intention in selling so dont panic when in the UK house prices drop a thousand pound here or there! or like wise i dont get excited when house prices go up.

A figure on ebay is only worth what that collector at THAT time wants to pay. I sell on ebay and am always amazed (especially when selling of houshold items) the prices people are willing to pay. I have been selling items of Star wars on ebay and one week they may not even sell and then i relist at a lower price and the following week / month they sell higher!! i dont then base the price of my other items on these.

Tony
K&C UK

A few of us keep records and follow current prices in the secondary market. I first begain doing this over 30 years ago with Lionel Trains and other items that I was interested in to assist me with my hobbys.

I still enjoy following the trends in quite a few fields I am currently active in.

I also believe the current economic situation, along with various collecting trends are having an effect on the market in general.

King & Country has had a remarkable presence in the secondary market over the last several years, and while the early pieces remain strong, the newer releases which have been over-produced are now feeling the impact.

Since according to most of you, that you are not into it for the money... What do you really care what happens on the secondary market? If I had the money I would be going after the pieces I missed with a passion and not carrying on. There are some great buys to be had! Kwitcherbellyakin and go out there and get what you always wanted!

I thought the way that a few have managed to destroy the economy that the hobby would have been hit much much worse than it has. I think its been quite shaded from what has gone on and, although I do not like or use E-bay (nothing against those who use it) I find it amazing the amount of new stuff thats on their.

I have watched prices from all the main manufacturers and, K&C have not increased as much as many seem to believe and, are still quite well priced IMO.
Mitch

Marc, can you provide me with that person's contact info who bid the previous bid of $451 so I can sell them sets DD25 &26 for less:D

Markey-I would love to but I was not the seller so you will have to break the eBay ID Enigma Code for such classified Intel. I do know someone looking for those sets at a somewhat reasonable price!

Hang Tough,
Marc

Since according to most of you, that you are not into it for the money... What do you really care what happens on the secondary market? If I had the money I would be going after the pieces I missed with a passion and not carrying on. There are some great buys to be had! Kwitcherbellyakin and go out there and get what you always wanted!

......................................................................................................

Ha! Some of us......at least me:D watch all areas we put money into!

I never started out being concerned but as the years passed and the values

began to climb I had to make a decision to either stop collecting.....or allow

my collection to fund continued activity, this has worked out quite nicely for

me, and allowed me to seek out items I am interested in.:)

When the "secondary market" or lets say "General Value" of things

you collect begins to decline many collectors may reduce the amount of

money they wish to spend.:)

At the moment I have another problem........I seem to be at a great turning

point of age!:eek: While I still feel like a teenager......suddenly I look around

and wonder what the heck I plan to do with all this stuff?:eek:

I never saw that coming!:rolleyes:

Markey-I would love to but I was not the seller so you will have to break the eBay ID Enigma Code for such classified Intel. I do know someone looking for those sets at a somewhat reasonable price!

Hang Tough,
Marc
As you know my passion has only become stronger over the year. I'm not sure I would let them go for less than that price...though I did buy them each for about $200 and quite satisfied with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back