Well that is a relief
The Boks go through
Good luck to everyone
Regards
Damian

well what can you say,worst ever world cup result by the AB,s
I feel sorry for the coaches et all because the media here will
be relentless in their quest for blood.
I watched the England - Aussie game ,no doubt the English forwards won that game they had a superb game.
I think the team to beat wil be South Africa [a little southern hemisphere bias ] As george gregan put it so well last time our boys got knocked out 'four more years boys'.

I think Rob is right here.Much though i'd love the boys in white and Red to do it again,i think South Africa have got to be the ones to watch.Maybe France could pull it off.Its going to be a great finish to the competition whoever wins.

Rob

The problem with these world cup type events is that they are sudden death. It is like the Premier league compared to the FA cup. The FA cup is notorious for upsets as it reflects just one days events rather than consistent form. Not to take it away from France, the All Blacks are the greatest and most consistent team in the world. Having said that France showed more grit on the day.

Regards
Damian

I haven't been following this but isn't that the way it works for the Football World Cup. After the group phase, it's win or go home. Usually makes for interesting matches.

Its funny how your fortunes can turn around in the course of the competition.We didn't look convincing against the USA,got mullered by South Africa but turned it around against Australia.Who knows what next?.

Rob

hehe it means taking a good beating!

Yeah the trick with World Cup style tournaments is to start slowly and build up.
Nz and Aus started at full speed but played no meaningful games until the QF when they came up against two teams that had been playing hard games that were essentially knockouts.

Come on. Is that really English slang or did Rob just make it up?
Regards
Damian

Come on. Is that really English slang or did Rob just make it up?
Regards
Damian

Nope, Rob is quite right......

Mullered.....

1 Broken, smashed or beaten up to the point of being visisbly altered, unusuable or non-functional.
2 Intoxicated with drink or drugs to the point of non-sensibility.
3 Resoundingly beaten in a competition of some kind.

Jeff

I will add that term to my mental list of British slang. It is not as good as the dog's ........, but it is still pretty good. I like it
Thanks
Damian

I will add that term to my mental list of British slang. It is not as good as the dog's ........, but it is still pretty good. I like it
Thanks
Damian

I know, it's quite unbelievable really what can happen to a language. I think this must be a fairly recent addition.

Jeff

hehe it means taking a good beating!

Yeah the trick with World Cup style tournaments is to start slowly and build up.
Nz and Aus started at full speed but played no meaningful games until the QF when they came up against two teams that had been playing hard games that were essentially knockouts.

I agree but theirs not a lot you can do about the group they put you in , I also think it was our coaches dreaded rotation policy .If you run a completly different team out every time you play I think its hard to get the combinations going when the going gets tough, and I think that showed on sunday [especialy as some of those guys where seriously undercooked in terms of game time].The ref missing the forward pass didnt help either :(
Having said that if we had won the rotation policy would have been the best thing since sliced bread :).

Nope, Rob is quite right......

Mullered.....

1 Broken, smashed or beaten up to the point of being visisbly altered, unusuable or non-functional.
2 Intoxicated with drink or drugs to the point of non-sensibility.
3 Resoundingly beaten in a competition of some kind.

Jeff

Sorry Damian some of the slang is pretty new and obscure to the rest of the world.Another one that is fairly recent is 'Hoovered' and its number two on Jeffs list,and i've absolutely no idea where it came from!

Rob

Sorry Damian some of the slang is pretty new and obscure to the rest of the world.Another one that is fairly recent is 'Hoovered' and its number two on Jeffs list,and i've absolutely no idea where it came from!

Rob

Possibly something to do with "a clean sweep" as in "Hoovered" vaccum cleaner style :confused:

I've never heard "hoovered" myself. Maybe it's one from dahn sarf or down south for those of us north of the m25! :)

I've never heard "hoovered" myself. Maybe it's one from dahn sarf or down south for those of us north of the m25! :)

James,are you suggesting that some of us from the Home counties are perhaps found wanting in the pronounciation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's English?.Your avin a Larf!!!!:D

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back