So,after all the chat..who's getting one?! (3 Viewers)

Rob...

Interesting its probably more appropriate a topic in the discussion section but, its a great subject knowing about peoples collecting habits and such like
Mitch

Mitch,

Good question. Brand loyalty might suggest its only about the name, and yes that does play its part, but for me its about K&C's style of AFV and figure. The JT is a good example actually. I will only be getting one of these beasts even if K&C release another, so yes I would always go for K&C's. I'm pretty picky (anal the wife says!) about how my collection looks and works together. K&C,CS,Figarti all have their own style and I find often they don't mix without being obvious,does this make sense?. But I mean absolutely no offence to any other producer, its just what I like and what I'm used to.

Rob

Rob...

Interesting its probably more appropriate a topic in the discussion section but, its a great subject knowing about peoples collecting habits and such like
Mitch

Actually I should add here that Figarti's Tanks and K&C figures do go very well together.But you're right, probably for another thread.

Rob

find him very attractive
but I skip over this time

richard

Actually I should add here that Figarti's Tanks and K&C figures do go very well together.But you're right, probably for another thread.

Rob

Hey Rob - havent chatted for a while - i like the look of this new jagdtiger but it's very expensive. Not sure i agree with you when you say it seems very reasonable! :)
Somehow i just feel my enthusiasm slipping away a bit. Take today for instance - i didnt even bother to check for dispatches till now! Now that's a sign of waning enthusiasm if ever there was one.
Seriously though i'm very torn on this one though i think i'll go for it at the London show - especially if I use my vouchers which would soften the blow a bit.

Very nice tank but I'll pass on this one like I did with K&C 88mm. It's just too over priced for me :eek:

Will have to pass. For that kind of money you can almost buy a real one
Guy:)

Nice looking tank, but $289 for one item is too much for me. That's well over my monthly budget. I've decided to be very selective in WWII vehicle purchases and spend my cash on figures versus one tank. Still like K&C, just changing my purchasing habits. :)

It is incredible looking and a real 'monster'. I am getting it for sure. This might be one of those items where people say they will pass on it because of the price etc, but when they see it in person they may change their minds. Kind of like when I am upset with my wife over something silly and I am ready to be mad at her when I get home. Then I walk in the door and see her and I am so taken aback by her beauty that I forget what I was so upset about. :D

I might go for one in ambush camo. The paint job does nothing for me.
I don't think $289.00 is reasonable. I don't collect K&C exclusively, so I won't pay a premium for the name.

Hey Rob - havent chatted for a while - i like the look of this new jagdtiger but it's very expensive. Not sure i agree with you when you say it seems very reasonable! :)
Somehow i just feel my enthusiasm slipping away a bit. Take today for instance - i didnt even bother to check for dispatches till now! Now that's a sign of waning enthusiasm if ever there was one.
Seriously though i'm very torn on this one though i think i'll go for it at the London show - especially if I use my vouchers which would soften the blow a bit.

Hey James, how's you mate?.

Well I really thought this beast would be about £300 ,so didn't think the price too bad. Also as I said earlier I'm only ever going to get one of these and this looks a beaut. Sorry to hear you feel you are losing the buzz mate, perhaps a break from it might help? Maybe you'll be back into it by the show in March,

Cheers

Rob

I am very undecided on this one. Honestly, I don't love the paint job but like the overall looks of the vehicle. If it was about $75 less, it would be an easy decision. I think the price is only reasonable considering how the prices of tanks have risen over the past couple of years. It is a relative thing. When you take away that aspect of it, $289 seems like a fortune to pay for this. Heck, it still seems like a foturne.

At $289 it is a bit pricey....I'm still not so sure about the "paint job" as well....At times with K/C it seems the photos do not accurately depict the actual colors....:confused:

if a decision to buy a AFV was down to that flyer picture it would have been a definate no. The dispatch pictures show a much better colour way and, I am sure its going to look much better in the flesh so, to speak. Its a anomaly why some sets look poor in the pictures compared to in the hand
Mitch

It did look very bright didn't it. I have always found that whenever I like a K&C product on the web its almost always even better up close:cool:

Rob

I don't dislike anything as even the sets I have no interest in historically are still great and knowing what it takes to paint figures etc makes me even more appreciative of the releases. I now know after a few years that most of the initial concerns over paint work etc are down to the photography and not the actual release itself.
Mitch

I don't dislike anything as even the sets I have no interest in historically are still great and knowing what it takes to paint figures etc makes me even more appreciative of the releases. I now know after a few years that most of the initial concerns over paint work etc are down to the photography and not the actual release itself.
Mitch

This is true, and the diff between the picture and the real thing is quite marked on this occasion.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back