Stalingrad 1942-43 (3 Viewers)

Frank - I agree with debrito - the winter background post is excellent. It is so life-like.

Thanks for the positive comments. It's a lot of fun to create these scenes and I'm glad others enjoy viewing them.

As you guys have no doubt figured out I have a number of new background images to play with. Here is a new winter scene.

A Panzer III from 14.Panzer-Division.

2011_4_9_DSC_0005a_small.jpg

Amazing Work:smile2:...Love the snow on the trees{bravo}}....Always look forward to your dio's

on this one, you achieved perfection....:cool:

I agree with Rod here. This one is exceptional - even by Frank's standards. :smile2:

I think your photography actually has gotten even better over the last year. I am with Randy B. - less is sometimes more and I like your new focus (literally) with a clear visual center. The last pictures (in my opinion) exude a feeling of isolation, possibly helped by the fact that in the winter, the ears of the tanker are covered and the terrain looks so cold.

Your snow photo is particularly great. It looks lke the light is falling on the trees and the tank at the same angle too, making it all mesh together beautifully.

Thanks a lot guys.

The winter Pz.III is amongst my favorite pictures to date. I sketched this out about a week ago. I debated about waiting for more winter figures but then decided that the picture was fine "as is". For those who are curious the foreground snow is JG miniatures.

Thanks a lot guys.

The winter Pz.III is amongst my favorite pictures to date. I sketched this out about a week ago. I debated about waiting for more winter figures but then decided that the picture was fine "as is". For those who are curious the foreground snow is JG miniatures.

Which JG Miniatures snow is it?

Terry

Another great shot Frank. Matching the sun angle makes the picture work. The background is tremendous.

Your winter scene is just outstanding Frank. Just catching up with this thread. I am in Santee, S.C. golfing with my brother and some other friends . . . won't be home til this Saturday. just discovered the "computer room" at the hotel we are staying at.
:smile2: Mike

Thanks for the positive comments. It's a lot of fun to create these scenes and I'm glad others enjoy viewing them.

As you guys have no doubt figured out I have a number of new background images to play with. Here is a new winter scene.

Guys...Just imagine this scene with a battle worn First Legion Winter Tiger or King Tiger:cool:...I'm hoping that Matt is considering more Winter German AFV's....Time to release the "Big Cats"???? Time will tell:wink2:

Great Job!!! Perfect shot!!!
I'm going to get my winter jacket to look at this pic again{sm4}
I got mine Winter Panzer already integrated in to the dio , just waiting for the tank raiders {sm5}

Great job Frank {sm4}
This latest scene really compliments your crisp photography style perfectly , I got cold just looking at it . Just Excellent ........ regards Gebhard

This afternoon, I felt like giving Frank a break. Frank over the last year has developed a very distinctive style of photography in my opinion:

First, the environment never overpowers the figure/AFV. This is particularly difficult, if you deal with a diorama like the one H&A made for Frank. I think that is one of the reasons, Frank rightfully made the cover of the modelling magazine: the powerful diorama does not overpower the figures.

Secondly, his photos have a very clean sanitized look. This again serves the figures and it is not surprising, FL uses Frank's pictures to promote its products.

Nobody does take photos better than Frank when it comes to putting the FL figures into their best light ( I am not related to Frank and he does not pay me!).

I therefore came to the conclusion, I had to do everything differently than Frank if any of my photos were to serve some entertainment purpose and not be immediately labeled knock-offs. But of course, I do learn from Frank looking at his photos.

I therefore used one of Rod's bombastic overwhelming dioramas (a commission work, but not mine :(), and tried to more or less "hide" the figures in it.

IMG_5139copy.jpg

IMG_5147copy.jpg

IMG_5160copy2.jpg

IMG_5168copy.jpg

IMG_5137-PS.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

This afternoon, I felt like giving Frank a break. Frank over the last year has developed a very distinctive style of photography in my opinion:

First, the environment never overpowers the figure/AFV. This is particularly difficult, if you deal with a diorama like the one H&A made for Frank. I think that is one of the reasons, Frank rightfully made the cover of the modelling magazine: the powerful diorama does not overpower the figures.

Secondly, his photos have a very clean sanitized look. This again serves the figures and it is not surprising, FL uses Frank's pictures to promote its products.

Nobody does take photos better than Frank when it comes to putting the FL figures into their best light ( I am not related to Frank and he does not pay me!).

I therefore came to the conclusion, I had to do everything differently than Frank if any of my photos were to serve some entertainment purpose and not be immediately labeled knock-offs. But of course, I do learn from Frank looking at his photos.

I therefore used one of Rod's bombastic overwhelming dioramas (a commission work, but not mine :(), and tried to more or less "hide" the figures in it.

IMG_5139copy.jpg

IMG_5147copy.jpg

IMG_5160copy2.jpg

IMG_5168copy.jpg

IMG_5137-PS.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

Well the tank could be a little darker grey:) just kid'n, I think your pics are excellent!!! I really like the gritier looking pics in your dio, hope to see some more...Sammy

Andanna,

First of all, thanks for the kind comments. I have always admired the composition and quality of the pictures you have posted. Personally I don't think you need to change anything. That said, I love this series of pictures and some of the things you have tried. Excellent.

I hope this will encourage other collectors of this range to post on this thread as that was the original intent.

Second photo - nailed it! All great shots, but that one looks soooo realistic. ^&cool

Excellent photos Andanna, thanks for sharing them with us . . .
:smile2: Mike

Congratulations Andanna,
You'd think a story of a war correspondent at the time.{sm3}
Your photos have made ​​"historic".
Again, congratulations and thank you.{bravo}}{bravo}}:salute::

Andreas ,
Your too modest .. these are real nice . Love the pairing of the figures to set up a scene .. Keep em coming . Regards Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back