Stalingrad 1942-43 (4 Viewers)

Those tanks are creating havoc Frank, those backdrops are just the ticket, very effective.:salute::, Robin.

Yeah, the new backdrop is right on the nose Frank, well done!

Tom

As always Frank another round of great photos, love the new back ground scenics...Sammy

Hi Frank,
Another excellent creation :salute:: do I also spy the work of another Great master ? That rubble base looks like the work of my good friend Rod. I also love the new backdrop much more gritty and war like IMO ..thanks for sharing regards Gebhard

{bravo}}
And the hits just keep on coming !
Awesome work again Frank. I'd love to know where you find these beautiful backdrops.

Thanks guys.

Hi Frank,
Another excellent creation :salute:: do I also spy the work of another Great master ? That rubble base looks like the work of my good friend Rod. I also love the new backdrop much more gritty and war like IMO ..thanks for sharing regards Gebhard

You are correct. The rubble base is the work of Rod.

It amazes me that you are still able to top yourself.

It appears that to create the perspective you show in some of the photos, you either combined two photos through digital processing or created a substantial distance between foreground and background. Either way: It works perfectly.

There is no layering of photos in any of the recent shots. My photography table is a 4' x 7' sheet of plywood. I have some additional 1/4" plywood spacers that allow me to increase the depth to about 6'. That amount of depth becomes very challenging to shoot and still keep sufficiently in focus. The backgrounds are 2' x 6' enlargements of pictures I've mostly taken around my home. The remainder are pictures I've found on-line with sufficient resolution to support the enlargement.

I use two studio video lights and a window for lighting. Camera is a Nikon D300s mounted on tripod with cable release

this:

becomes this:

Frank

Last edited:
Frank. your photo's were the main reason I got into FL. So keep posting!

The sign of a true diorama, that pic with the tanker and sunset looks like a real photo from the war.

Spectacular.

Thanks again.

I'm really looking forward to the Pak38. Until then...

Frank

FANTASTIC Artillery DIO......Very nice indeed...
I have set up a thread special for German Artillery and a Group for Artillery Fans....Feel free to add these great shots and any other to them, it would be a pleasure to see them being shared there also...:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

Thanks again.

I'm really looking forward to the Pak38. Until then...

Frank

{bravo}}
I can't wait to see what you do with that new PAK set.

Thanks Mike

FANTASTIC Artillery DIO......Very nice indeed...
I have set up a thread special for German Artillery and a Group for Artillery Fans....Feel free to add these great shots and any other to them, it would be a pleasure to see them being shared there also...:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned?

Hi Frank,

The links are as follows:

The one for the Artillery fans group is http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6
If for some reason it does not work, under groups look for Artillery Fans.....we the crazy guys for big guns have that as a repository for all big gun pics.....:salute::

The thread for German Artillery http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?49100-ATCHUNG-German-WW2-Artillery

The thread for all Artillery topics and so as to justify why we collect artillery is http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?28419-Why-collect-artillery

Cheers

Luiz

Thanks Mike

Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned?

I in particular admire your ability to adjust the color of the background to match the foreground and visa versa. These photos show that you apparently change the color of the grass matts quite a bid if needed. Well done.

Frank, congratulations on having your photos published in the latest Toy Soldier Collector magazine.

It looks so real. I really like the motion and the way the background blends seamlessly with the foreground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back