Stalingrad 1942-43 (5 Viewers)

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Thanks First Legion for a great range (now lets get that Sd.Kfz.251)

Great story Larry.

Frank

I've been on vacation (Zion, Bryce, Arches and Yellowstone National Parks) so I haven't had a lot of time since I got back. That said I was eager to put the new TM Terrain scenic tiles through their paces.

The following shots feature the TM Terrain tiles stand alone and mixed with the Hudson and Allen marshland scenic.

Frank

A great series of photos Frank . . . . all beautifully done . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Frank, that is some art work right there!! not sure which one I like the best but really like the 2 new German soldiers inside the fence, either way all the photos are fabulous, if you have time please post these pics on the Facebook WWII Art page as well...Sammy

I am just catching up with this thread. The farm building is definitely well done and certainly a great addition to Frank's portfolio of scenics.

But in all fairness, owning a scenic like that does not necessarily result in great pictures. It is Frank's ability to not only capture vignettes, but also wide shots that make his art so unique.

Very well done on many levels.

I am just catching up with this thread. The farm building is definitely well done and certainly a great addition to Frank's portfolio of scenics.

But in all fairness, owning a scenic like that does not necessarily result in great pictures. It is Frank's ability to not only capture vignettes, but also wide shots that make his art so unique.

Very well done on many levels.

Couldn't have put it better, so I won't try :salute::

Awesome work Frank (as always).

Hi Frank,
You really have developed your own style for your compositions :salute::. Excellent as always and a pleasure to view. thanks for sharing regards Gebhard

Frank

This one has to be my Favorite :salute::. I really think these two figures are the best in some time from FL's Stalingrad line. Did anyone else notice the one mistake in the sculpt ?

It's the way he is holding his Cigarette, Rather than hold it between his index and middle finger, the way an American does, the German always held them between his thumb and index finger. This was one of the ways German spies were spotted. I know, its a minor thing but hey I'm detail oriented I can't help it:redface2:. regards Gebhard

Well Gebard, maybe you're right but i found plenty of pictures of German soldiers holding the cigarette in a "wrong" way :)

Attachments

• gutjhar.jpg
    gutjhar.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 313
  • tumblr_m4t9zmZbPm1r9khx4o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m4t9zmZbPm1r9khx4o1_500.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 525
  • 5413878.fa38cfee.640.jpg
    5413878.fa38cfee.640.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 584
  • l0tS5.jpg
    l0tS5.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,501
  • GermanSoldiersSmoking.jpg
    GermanSoldiersSmoking.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 391
Nice Photo's,
It was somewhat of a joke, as we all know sometimes guys go a bit overboard with what's "right and wrong" with figures ^&grin. But everything I said was true , if you know Germans you will know its just one of those " Cultural Differences" .
Anyway a quick search and you can prove or disprove anything :)
282770e713146f938e6f89e0e8a378a6_zps5e73f15f.jpg

Proof of Secret Weapons
german_soldiers_fave_fun_during_the_wwII_10_zps52259389.jpg

Prove that Germany once trained wonder Pilots
german_soldiers_fave_fun_during_the_wwII_06_zpsc499c823.jpg

Prove that story you heard from your uncle that they once used a U-Boot on a hunting trip was true {eek3}
german_soldiers_fave_fun_during_the_wwII_19_zpsc5f2ef8c.jpg

Or even prove that Germans invented breakdancing
hammerzeit_zps2007acde.jpg

and of course that smoking thing {sm4}
71c81cb1346f2aa6e977f6f2b37c3b83_zps6a91596b.jpg
regards Gebhard

Thanks guys. Glad you like them. I'm working on some sunrise shots which I'll post in the near future.

Frank

This is why I like modularization in scenics. Change the backdrop, change the lighting, rearrange elements, new scene.

Frank

Nice Photo's,
It was somewhat of a joke, as we all know sometimes guys go a bit overboard with what's "right and wrong" with figures ^&grin. But everything I said was true , if you know Germans you will know its just one of those " Cultural Differences" .
Anyway a quick search and you can prove or disprove anything :)
282770e713146f938e6f89e0e8a378a6_zps5e73f15f.jpg

Proof of Secret Weapons
german_soldiers_fave_fun_during_the_wwII_10_zps52259389.jpg

Prove that Germany once trained wonder Pilots
german_soldiers_fave_fun_during_the_wwII_06_zpsc499c823.jpg

Prove that story you heard from your uncle that they once used a U-Boot on a hunting trip was true {eek3}
german_soldiers_fave_fun_during_the_wwII_19_zpsc5f2ef8c.jpg

Or even prove that Germans invented breakdancing
hammerzeit_zps2007acde.jpg

and of course that smoking thing {sm4}
71c81cb1346f2aa6e977f6f2b37c3b83_zps6a91596b.jpg
regards Gebhard

Great Post and Photos.

Frank, love the sunrise shots. The ones with the T-34 are my favorites. The Russian tank commander is a great figure.

Awesome shots Frank. The fire and smoke adds realism to the ongoing battle.

It amazes me that you are still able to top yourself.

It appears that to create the perspective you show in some of the photos, you either combined two photos through digital processing or created a substantial distance between foreground and background. Either way: It works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back