Stalingrad 1942-43 (2 Viewers)

This range has really slowed down lately. I'm glad the 4 new figures plus the DAK releases are in the pipeline as those will be my first purchase in 2014. We really need some more vehicles to be able to tell a more complete story in pictures. The original Panzer III was released back in 2010 and, excluding the re-released winter and desert variants we haven't had a new German tank since.

So, back to basics with some of the early releases. Personally I find these figures some of the most versatile in my entire collection. I use them over and over in scene after scene.

Frank

Agree with you Frank. The pointing German is still one of my favorite figures.

Brad

This range has really slowed down lately. I'm glad the 4 new figures plus the DAK releases are in the pipeline as those will be my first purchase in 2014. We really need some more vehicles to be able to tell a more complete story in pictures. The original Panzer III was released back in 2010 and, excluding the re-released winter and desert variants we haven't had a new German tank since.

So, back to basics with some of the early releases. Personally I find these figures some of the most versatile in my entire collection. I use them over and over in scene after scene.

Frank

Frank

Agree Frank.... we need some more FL Stalingrad Grey Tanks....I really wish that FL would re-consider the re-release of the grey Panzer III with 2 more turret numbers or a PanzerIV (Short nose cannon).....A Sturmgeschultz (short nose) would also be cool.

Hi Frank,
I'm also a big fan of the early Stalingrad Germans, the first figures they released sets GERSTAL001 to GERSTAL020 are what got me back interested in collecting WWII and are to me still the best WWII German figures ever released at any price. Thanks for sharing you work its really amazing , I have been patiently waiting for the next Armor release as well but in the meantime I picked up the 222 Tiger from Figarti which as many has shown works very very well with First Legion. I'm not really concerned about it being a command tank I just left the aerials off and it suits me just fine can't wait to see what FL will put out in terms of the big cats.. thanks again for sharing best Gebhard

Very nice pictures. I have just bought in the last two months (or have coming in the post) most of these figures. Its an interesting point about the armour. The new command Hanomag must be the next armour release but, after that I think it will be quite difficult to release armour. They need to but, there seems to be a growing acceptance to using FL figures and Figarti armour which, is quite cheap in comparison.

Its problematic IMO because as the size of the armour increases then FL prices must increase (the prime mover which I have and think is very good was raised and stated as it being bigger and more complex to make) so, a Panzer IV and some of the other AFV's(like Panther's, Tigers etc) may be a long time coming.

I would think the Stalingrad line could bring a range of the smaller AFV's the germans used during that period but, as Frank pointed out (and I did not know) four years is a long time for a company not to release armour
Mitch

Wow, the master is at it again--awesome work ! :salute::

I agree, I'm thrilled that four new guys are coming out, but disappointed that that's the entire update for the range-was especially hoping for a new AFV or PAK.

Frank

Very nice action and landscape {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

This range has really slowed down lately. I'm glad the 4 new figures plus the DAK releases are in the pipeline as those will be my first purchase in 2014. We really need some more vehicles to be able to tell a more complete story in pictures. The original Panzer III was released back in 2010 and, excluding the re-released winter and desert variants we haven't had a new German tank since then.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but just feel like piggybacking this "complaint":

c8f94a5096334576320411e7084e2b2b.jpg

^&grin

Elements of Kradschützen-Abteilung 4 (24. Panzer-Division) pass an occupied farm house, southern Russia, summer 1942.

Thanks to David Marshall at TM Terrain for a wonderful scenic.

Frank

Outstanding as usual!!!!!!!!!! Brad

Elements of Kradschützen-Abteilung 4 (24. Panzer-Division) pass an occupied farm house, southern Russia, summer 1942.

Thanks to David Marshall at TM Terrain for a wonderful scenic.

Frank

Frank,

Awesome as always and with the best figures in the industry-First Legion, of course!

Alex

Amazing photography, diorama and of course the First legion troops tie it all in together, I know we will be treated to some more great scenes (such as these) with your new dio Frank, I know it was a long wait but well worth it for sure, thanks for sharing...Sammy

:salute::

Awesome work as always Frank...just wow.
mike

As a testament to the quality of these photos, I would like to share an interesting comment made by two people.
I had some friends to the house last night. I was showing one person the diorama that I had been working on.

YOUR Stalingrad diorama was on my computer screen.

Two other people walked into the room and looked at the screen and were discussing some topic. They seemed a bit puzzled.
When I asked them what was their question they said, "We didn't know that cameras from the 1940 were able to take such excellent pictures."

When I explained that it was actually a toy soldier diorama, they refused to believe me until I showed them a few of your construction photos and other examples of you work.

OUTSTANDING was the consensus!

--- Larry

"We didn't know that cameras from the 1940 were able to take such excellent pictures."

As further testament to the quality, until Frank came along I didn't know that cameras from the 21st century could take such excellent pictures. :)

Frank,
Your work never fails to amaze! This dio is a real barn burner! Thank you for sharing.
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back