Stalingrad 1942-43 (1 Viewer)

Outstanding photo series Frank . . . . . Joe would have really liked it
:smile2: Mike

Beautiful pictures of winter and summer Russian advancing. I like them all, and imo the summer pics would look slightly better if you take out the tank commander and close the hatch. I think he looks kind of odd in that position while the whole unit is advancing (under enemy fire) ?

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Beautiful pictures of winter and summer Russian advancing. I like them all, and imo the summer pics would look slightly better if you take out the tank commander and close the hatch. I think he looks kind of odd in that position while the whole unit is advancing (under enemy fire) ?

That's a fair comment based on the urgency of the accompanying infantry. If they were walking and more relaxed it would make more sense.

Frank

Convoy on the move in the Kessel. Precious fuel wouldn't last long so this luxury would soon disappear.

Frank

The Stalingrad line has been pretty quiet, hint, hint, Matt.

Here are a couple scenes I've played around with over the last few weeks. I have a new 72" x 48" scenic in the works from David at TM Terrain that I think is going to open up all sorts of new possibilities. I hope to have it by May.

Frank

Frank very cool photos ! Is that the tractor factory in the background ?

Bravo :salute:: (great work as always).

And yes...would like to see some FL updates coming out on this line.

Have to admit of all the First Legion series......and I have a few....... Romans ...Civil War...and now Agincourt ....Stalingrad is my favorite....it is different from other manufactures......never stop making this series !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^&grin^&grin........still need my Kubelwagon !!!!!!!

Hi Frank, always a pleasure to view your photos, and I look forward to you and David's dio creation as I'm sure it is going to be awesome!!!!!! Also agree the Stalingrad range hasn't received much love lately?? Hopefully there are some future sets coming our way soon...Sammy

Frank, Excellent Diorama scenes as usual.....The Stalingrad Series is my favorite subject......I really like the (2) Grey Panzer III tanks....You are one of the lucky few to have turret# 515....I would really like to see First Legion "re-release" the Panzer III but with 2 more different turret numbers....Placing 3 of those grey Panzers in a diorama scene would make for an impressive invasion scene for Operation Barbarossa.....MORE FL GREY PANZERS ARE NEEDED FOR EARLY STALINGRAD 1942.....Maybe we can convince Matt to make more Panzer III Tanks:wink2:....I would definitely purchase a couple more if made available...........First Legion Rules....:salute:::salute:: :salute::

Frank, Excellent Diorama scenes as usual.....The Stalingrad Series is my favorite subject......I really like the (2) Grey Panzer III tanks....You are one of the lucky few to have turret# 515....I would really like to see First Legion "re-release" the Panzer III but with 2 more different turret numbers....Placing 3 of those grey Panzers in a diorama scene would make for an impressive invasion scene for Operation Barbarossa.....MORE FL GREY PANZERS ARE NEEDED FOR EARLY STALINGRAD 1942.....Maybe we can convince Matt to make more Panzer III Tanks:wink2:....I would definitely purchase a couple more if made available...........First Legion Rules....:salute:::salute:: :salute::

How were you able to get the panzer with unit number 515?

Tom, I was not able to get turret #515....I think only the other Frank (fmethorst) has that one in his dioramas...I do not think that number was made available to everyone.... only #525 was available for general purchase.

More turrent numbers would be great as I would love to be able to recreate this:

24th Panzer Division_Outskirts of Stalingrad_Pz III.jpg

Plan to buy the Winter Panzer III in April to complement the Figarti Tiger and FL tank riders I got this month.

The Stalingrad line has been pretty quiet, hint, hint, Matt.

Here are a couple scenes I've played around with over the last few weeks. I have a new 72" x 48" scenic in the works from David at TM Terrain that I think is going to open up all sorts of new possibilities. I hope to have it by May.

Frank

Graet pictures!

This was very early in the range and Matt did me a favor by creating a custom turret (note the AA MG is removed as well). I believe there were two created.

I think multiple turret numbers are a simple way to give collectors the option for multiples. I'm surprised we don't see it more often.

Frank

This was very early in the range and Matt did me a favor by creating a custom turret (note the AA MG is removed as well). I believe there were two created.

I think multiple turret numbers are a simple way to give collectors the option for multiples. I'm surprised we don't see it more often.

Frank

Completely agree....I have always been in favor of multiple turret numbers for the FL grey Panzer III.....I was so impressed with the # 525 turret that I would have surely purchased 2 more if different turret numbers were made available for this tank.....It would make for a spectacular diorama scene to have 3 or more of these Panzers rumble into Russia for Operation Barbarossa.....maybe we will see it??? maybe not......One can only hope that this option is considered by FL.

Winter T-34 Redux

This is a renewed version of a picture I took back in 2012.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back