Stalingrad 1942-43 (1 Viewer)

Re: Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory, Nov.'42

A T-34 would be a very welcome addition and I would be willing to give one a happy home.

Check out this one on Missing Lynx:

awstz-5.jpg

http://www.missing-lynx.com/gallery/russia/awstz.htm

This one is definitely from Stalingradzkiy Traktornyj Zawod -STZ (Stalingrad Tractor Factory). Clearly this one was rushed out the factory door as it isn't even painted.

You can identify T34s produced at Stalingrad by the interlocking joints between the front, side and rear armor plates. This is the only factory to do this. All the other factories used butt joints. The Stalingrad factory used welded turrets produced locally (like the one in the picture) and cast turrets imported from the other factories. The Stalingrad produced T34s also made use of all steel road wheels. You will see all sorts of combinations of road wheels on T34s, all steel, all rubber rimmed, front and rear rubber rimmed and the rest steel.

cool info frank.
a rushed T-34 is certainly appealing :)

Great info and link thanks fmethorst . And hats off to Mr Wilder on a Fantastic job , tank looks Great. I was so excited to look at the photo I didn't notice at first that it was not a possible leak of a T34 buy First Legion . I think thats a pretty good compliment to the FL crew . ;)

Soldiers from Lyudnikov's 138th Rifle Division counterattack:

DSC_0010_small20091031.jpg

DSC_0023_small20091031.jpg

DSC_0016a_small20091031.jpg

DSC_0017_small20091031.jpg

DSC_0004a_small20091031.jpg

DSC_0015_small_a20091031.jpg

DSC_0008a_small20091031.jpg

marvellous photos frank.

that black and white photo look eerily life like.

Great photos. I love the Russian figures as much as the Germans. ;)

Fantastic set up and photos Frank.
2_thumbs_up_-_animated.gif
Once again you are highlighting the life like quality of these figures. You are getting me hooked on watching for your next display.;):D

Great photos. I love the Russian figures as much as the Germans. ;)

Second that too. GREAT fotos, and I like the way you hide the bases with the debris..

Well done Frank

Great job ! Love the way your display really brings all already life like FL poses to life. Really a fantastic job . Keep um coming . Gebhard;)

Frank, what an excellent diorama! Your set up of the figures creates a very dynamic scene. Nice work.

Noah

Thanks guys!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Germans will be calling in reinforcements in the form of Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 245 to deal with this new threat. ;)

yes frank, i hope you are right.

anyway, from the FL website.

nice building ja?:)

4-1.jpg

posted with the permission of a good friend of mine -

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

obviously, these are rushed pictures.
but i trust, once he's recovered from the swooning, and gets in full flow, he'll produced one cool diorama.:)

Great Tanks and Figures.... of course everybody already knows that;) Except for a couple of my friends who are still in Denial .. Its OK guys embrace the future :D Denial ----is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. And the evidence keeps growing with every release. Just my two cents which is Worth about one cent maybe less ;)

The Stugs look great.....can't wait to see them arrive:)

some more pictures.

obviously my friend is very much enjoying taking these photos -

firstly, the invading jerries -

4a_sfx_800x800.jpg

IMG_2300_1200x1200_800x800.jpg

IMG_2290_1600x1600sfx.jpg

IMG_2305_1200x1200_800x800.jpg

Frank, your diorama-building and photography skills are outstanding!
:D:D:D
Beautiful work!

In promoting the spirit of this thread, a photo of my latest acquisition from First Legion:

IMG_3686_2.jpg

PS: Check out the fingernails and the holes in the pants!!! :eek: Unsurpassed detail imho.

PPS: The background are stained glass windows in a church (A rather bad sign I feel to have to explain that).

In promoting the spirit of this thread, a photo of my latest acquisition from First Legion:

IMG_3686_2.jpg

PS: Check out the fingernails and the holes in the pants!!! :eek: Unsurpassed detail imho.

PPS: The background are stained glass windows in a church (A rather bad sign I feel to have to explain that).

WOW Great photo ! You Really did a Great job of Capturing the detail in First Legions Figs . I don't think they missed a thing. I can tell thats a K98 the sling is correctly mounted ect....and just check out that National Eagle its crisp not just a dot of Paint . Its very exciting to think what will be next there is just soooooo much to look forward to. I can't wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back