Stalingrad 1942-43 (2 Viewers)

Re: Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory, Nov.'42

In promoting the spirit of this thread, a photo of my latest acquisition from First Legion:

IMG_3686_2.jpg

PS: Check out the fingernails and the holes in the pants!!! :eek: Unsurpassed detail imho.

PPS: The background are stained glass windows in a church (A rather bad sign I feel to have to explain that).

Excellent picture! :cool:

This is one of the figures I don't have yet. Now I'm looking forward even more to acquiring it.

Another photo from the battle in the church:

IMG_3821_13.jpg

And Matt: Your figures hold up very well when put under the photographic microscope ...

You and your company are doing an excellent job.

And just in case, there are potential buyers of these products who are less interested in artistic efforts but rather the pure naked truth and nothing but the truth, here is the clean version for this minority. This is however how your eye will never see these figures without mechanical assistance like a magnifying glass or a microscope: your eye (assisted by the brain) will blend the colors - a mechanism that will not work at the scale of this enlargement):

IMG_3821_22.jpg

German reinforcements rush to meet the latest threat:

DSC_009320091211.jpg

DSC_008720091211_BW.jpg

DSC_008420091211_BW.jpg

DSC_010020091211_BW.jpg

Simply fantastic ! You have a Great skill in both setting up an capturing these wonderful shots . Thanks for sharing :)

Excellent work Frank. It is a treat to see. Of course the figures help a bit too, don't they?;):D Amazingly realistic.:eek:

FRANK....I really like your black and white photos, It makes you feel like you are on the frontline watching these guys doing battle. Thanks for sharing great pictures.

German reinforcements rush to meet the latest threat:

DSC_009320091211.jpg

DSC_008720091211_BW.jpg

DSC_008420091211_BW.jpg

DSC_010020091211_BW.jpg

It's amazing Frank how you bring these figures to life with your photos and how human the indivual appear. The black and white photos are outstanding and could be taken for photos appearing in Life Magazine during WWII or at a later date. Beautifully done Frank.

They are great photographs but there are not many other figure lines (if any) that would permit you to photograph them that close and create such an effect. Impressive combination of materials and skill I'd say.:cool:

Thanks guys.

I agree that this is only possible because of the quality of the FL figures.

Fantastic photos. I believe that the three running German soldiers are amongst the best FL has done so far.

(Sorry, Wolfgang.)

Fantastic photos. I believe that the three running German soldiers are amongst the best FL has done so far.

(Sorry, Wolfgang.)
As much as I love the Napoleonics, I think you may be right. Among the many things I like about them is how balanced and realistic their running poses appear. Unforunately, there are all to many examples of figures running in out of balance and exaggerated postures that spoil what would otherwise be a nice figure. Perhaps we will see some running British and French (from the British of course:D) lads for my favorite period.;)

The Germans bring forward some serious firepower.

DSC_0327_small_20100117.jpg

DSC_0318a_small_20100117.jpg

DSC_0330_small_20100117.jpg

DSC_0312_small_20100117.jpg

DSC_0315_small_20100117.jpg

DSC_0313_small_20100117.jpg

Fantastic !! Absolutely Fantastic Photo's ! First Legion just blow me away with their Realism . The attention to detail is unmatched period. :) WOW really great photo's thanks for sharing . gebhard

Frank, I think these are amongst your est photos. Integration of the bases is perfectly for example. And I love your Sturmgeschuetz. You can be very proud of your collection.

Excellent Photos and realistic rubble set up.....Is all the rubble from Build -o-rama? And if so how much should one purchase for a 3x3 base in your opinion. Thank you Vezzolf

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Vezzolf,

Ah the rubble. This is really a work in progress. I'm still not totally satisfied with it. It's difficult to photograph as it's a tad too bright and too orangey. Currently it's a mix of 4 bags of Hudsen and Allen building rubble, with the dust sifted out, 15 bags of Build-a-Rama rubble with a lot of the bright white pieces removed, 4 bags of JG Miniatures red building bricks with all the glossy bricks removed and the Build-a-Rama scenics. The amount it will cover really depends on what you are trying to do (i.e. do you want piles?). The amount I described above would be probably be a bit short to do 3' x 3' justice. The easiest thing to do is buy a few bags and experiment.

Frank,

Great photos as usual. No disrespect intended to anyone else but your photos are the best.

Hello! Question! Some Forum Member's states, that the First Legion Figure's are Larger than 1/30th Size Scale? And the New STUGIV, is around the 1/28th Scale Size! CONFUSED! :confused: What is the Correct Scale Size from First Legion? Please be Specific! Thankyou, John gambale! CIAO!

Hello! Question! Some Forum Member's states, that the First Legion Figure's are Larger than 1/30th Size Scale? And the New STUGIV, is around the 1/28th Scale Size! CONFUSED! :confused: What is the Correct Scale Size from First Legion? Please be Specific! Thankyou, John gambale! CIAO!
Why don't you read Frank's extremely detailed review of the Stug which finds that it is exactly 1/28.7 scale, which is around 1/29, and fit well with the FL figures;)
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18756
He had previously done a review of the figures with measuring photos which he found to be 1/30 scale.
Some forum members may state the earth is flat; it is up to the individual to seperate the wheat from the chaff.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back