Stalingrad 1942-43 (4 Viewers)

B.R.A.V.O :salute::

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving and I always look forward to updates---wow !

Meant to add that I'd SO like to have that second PkwIII with an different turret number.

Last edited:
Frank, well done again. May I assume that the background was digitally added?

Reusing a scene I set up for Normandy to stand in for southern Russia. 24.Panzer-Division on the move.

Frank

Reusing a scene I set up for Normandy to stand in for southern Russia. 24.Panzer-Division on the move.

Frank

Hi Frank,
you are truly a master photographer and also theater director ("Spielberg's WW2 / FL)
Superb.
Best.
Guy.{bravo}}{bravo}}

Hi Frank.

First and foremost, congratulations on the dio and the photography....
I am impressed with the quality of the vegetation - tall grass and trees.....where did you source those? Any tips on how to give them such a real life appearance?
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

Frank

I usually don't comment on Nazi oriented content..

- BUT I must say that these dioramas are exceptionally well executed!

Quite near perfection! Well done!

Hi Frank.

First and foremost, congratulations on the dio and the photography....
I am impressed with the quality of the vegetation - tall grass and trees.....where did you source those? Any tips on how to give them such a real life appearance?
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

These great figures and vehicles from 1st Legion are featured in a diorama built by Hudson & Allen Studio a few years ago. The foreground grass mat with country road is a Build-a-Rama item that really blends in nicely with the edge of the H&A scenic.
Frank is a real artist setting up the various components to give life to the miniatures. I am a big fan of his compositions.
Ken

These great figures and vehicles from 1st Legion are featured in a diorama built by Hudson & Allen Studio a few years ago. The foreground grass mat with country road is a Build-a-Rama item that really blends in nicely with the edge of the H&A scenic.
Frank is a real artist setting up the various components to give life to the miniatures. I am a big fan of his compositions.
Ken

... and some of us cannot wait for you to return to your roots, Ken (pun intended).

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Regarding the composition elements:

Custom Marshland dio - Hudson & Allen
Hedgerow - 2020 (x4) - Hudson & Allen
Country Road mat - JG Miniatures
Background picture - Frank

I fiddled a lot with the lighting of this and ended up using indirect lighting bounced off the ceiling which simulates the sun being obscured by a thin layer of cloud.

Ken, please tell me we're going to see Hudson Allen producing scenic items again. They are simply incredible.

Frank

Armored cars from Kradschützen-Bataillon 16 pass tanks of Panzer-Regiment 2 which have paused to resupply.

Frank

No doubt about it Frank, the diorama looks life like. Your surrounds look so good against the German vehicles and figures, just a pleasure overall. Not sure which is better, the scenery or the TS's.^&grin. Very very nice:salute::, Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back