The Glory of Rome (4 Viewers)

I just started to work on a Hadrian wall project. Right now the project is geared towards one of the main out post/forts on the wall. It is early in the project and I'm just starting to mess with the color of one of the walls as you can see in the right hand corner. I don't know if I'm gonna leave the gate that big but I wanted something where a wagon could fit through. I might chop a bit off the height of wall as well. This is the first time I have actually attempted to make a structure out of foam so we will see how it goes.
shoeA8g.jpg

I just started to work on a Hadrian wall project. Right now the project is geared towards one of the main out post/forts on the wall. It is early in the project and I'm just starting to mess with the color of one of the walls as you can see in the right hand corner. I don't know if I'm gonna leave the gate that big but I wanted something where a wagon could fit through. I might chop a bit off the height of wall as well. This is the first time I have actually attempted to make a structure out of foam so we will see how it goes.
shoeA8g.jpg

Hi Shahara,
Very interesting project! I'am looking forward the next step!
Great job!
Chhers
Xavier

It is definitely is already looking great, I can not help in admiring it. And also admiring on all the First Legion boxes in the background:salute::

I just looked at the First legion Web site, it does not show Rom023 ( Imperial Mounted Legate) anymore. So grab it while you can I guess, Or forever hold the frustration of not having it.

And also admiring on all the First Legion boxes in the background:salute::

Lol, the boxes are starting to stack up. That ain't the tip of the ice berg either. My wife calls that First Legion wall paper.

I hope that before the year is over, that we will see some Roman Artillery, Ballista's And/ or Scorpio's. I hope I hope...........

Just ordered ROM007, ROM010 and ROM011 from FLs site. Couldn't wait any longer for them to show up on dealer sites. Will probably order a few more once they do, though!

I hope that before the year is over, that we will see some Roman Artillery, Ballista's And/ or Scorpio's. I hope I hope...........

I think it is a given that they will be made. The question is just when will they be made? Hopefully it will be this year.

Just ordered ROM007, ROM010 and ROM011 from FLs site. Couldn't wait any longer for them to show up on dealer sites. Will probably order a few more once they do, though!

ROM011 is top notch. One of my favorites along with the Optio.

Here is a bit more. This is far from done. I still need to tinker with the wall, start the fort, separate the gate (add a feature or 2) work on the ground work some more etc.......but just thought I would do a quick update. The imperial Romans will be used instead of the praetorians once I'm actually done with this.
ajQkYfU.jpg

Here is a bit more. This is far from done. I still need to tinker with the wall, start the fort, separate the gate (add a feature or 2) work on the ground work some more etc.......but just thought I would do a quick update. The imperial Romans will be used instead of the praetorians once I'm actually done with this.
ajQkYfU.jpg
[/QUOTE

I think, I speak for many. That it is looking Great!!.

I love the Optio as well, and I "opted" for the sword rather than baton!

I too also like the Optio very much, however I acquired the Optio that is carrying the Hastle (the baton as you called it). Even though I really like the Optio with the sword, I purposely did not get it because he also has a sheathed sword on his right side which is showing the sword hilt. Now, if the sheath had appeared to be empty (no sword hilt showing ) I would probably have acquired this figure also.
:smile2: Mike

I too also like the Optio very much, however I acquired the Optio that is carrying the Hastle (the baton as you called it). Even though I really like the Optio with the sword, I purposely did not get it because he also has a sheathed sword on his right side which is showing the sword hilt. Now, if the sheath had appeared to be empty (no sword hilt showing ) I would probably have acquired this figure also.
:smile2: Mike
Well Mike I would humbly suggest that many real Roman Optios, Centurions and other officers probably carried more than one sword. I know I would have since it is an easy thing to lose in battle, especially in a shield wall. I loved that scene in Gladiator when Maximus lost his primary sword and promptly drew his backup. I frankly wish they would offer more figures like that.

I admit I did not notice the sheathed sword until I got it home. Then it was a little puzzling, but I no longer notice. It is a great figure.

It does make sense to have a backup, of course. And if Russell Crowe did it, then who am I to judge!

Been some time since there has been some pictures of some romans on here so I figured I would put something together really fast and take a quick photo. Received all these romans yesterday along with some of the FL SS figures. Once again some terrific figures by FL.

Joe,

I love the backdrop and the figures, as you come to expect from First Legion, look amazing! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Alex :smile2:

P.S. You need some opponents for your Waffen SS figures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back