The Glory of Rome (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Just tinkering around with that clone stamp feature Frank was talking about. As you can see I need some practice with it. I think if I took the shot at a different angle then it would have been easier to use. The brush size was way to big so I need to figure out how to make it smaller and it looks a little odd to me. almost as though they are walking through mist.
Untitled-1.jpg

That looks excellent very nice {bravo}}{bravo}}

Neil:salute::

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Just tinkering around with that clone stamp feature Frank was talking about. As you can see I need some practice with it. I think if I took the shot at a different angle then it would have been easier to use. The brush size was way to big so I need to figure out how to make it smaller and it looks a little odd to me. almost as though they are walking through mist.
Untitled-1.jpg

Hi Joe,
Thanks for this new pic of the Pretorian. And good work to hide bases of your figures for a first test.
Cheers
Xavier

Which Goldworthy book did you go with? All the ones I have read have been good so it shouldn't disappoint.

Joe, I went with The Complete Roman Army title. Seemed like a good place to start after your suggestions.

Noah

Hi Joe,

some beautiful sets of Romans you have, I look forward to seeing what new dios you will come up with for this range...Sammy

Untitled-15-1.jpg

I didn't realize this image shrunk to thumbnail size so I thought I would repost it. Dunno why the clarity isn't there. I'll have to go back and tinker with it.

A very cool photo.....Sur-real effect....First Legion Romans are really well done. Excellent product quality and detail....Thanks for posting{bravo}}

You have a great Roman collection and some really nice shots there. I guess I missed the clone stamp discussion since I have no idea what that means. Is that some photoshop feature?

You have a great Roman collection and some really nice shots there. I guess I missed the clone stamp discussion since I have no idea what that means. Is that some photoshop feature?

Harper I didn't even know about clone stamping until a few weeks ago when Frank used it on one of his WWII photos. Its a feature on photobucket that can clone a part of the environment of the picture taken and then can be used anywhere on that photo. I touched this picture up a bit with it to conceal the bases of the figures. Its a really nice feature to use.

Thanks for the nice comments Harper and Vezzolf.

I really like your Roman shots. Great compositions with killer lighting and color palette.{bravo}}

Frank

Hello,
Great shot, very realistic! I like it!
Thanks to share!
Regards
Xavier

Harper I didn't even know about clone stamping until a few weeks ago when Frank used it on one of his WWII photos. Its a feature on photobucket that can clone a part of the environment of the picture taken and then can be used anywhere on that photo. I touched this picture up a bit with it to conceal the bases of the figures. Its a really nice feature to use.

Thanks for the nice comments Harper and Vezzolf.
Very interesting. So if I understand correctly in your recent photos below you have "cloned" some grass or shrubs for some part of the photo and "stamped" in on others to hid bases, is that right? It must be pretty seemless the way you did it because I can't see where that was done. Wow, I never knew photobucket had that ability.

Just tinkering around with my Praetorians advancing on the wing. Still trying to get this clone stamping to work with the water.
zSbOpMW.jpg

Got to agree with Mike and Michael Joe very nicely staged and photographic.

Just tinkering around with my Praetorians advancing on the wing. Still trying to get this clone stamping to work with the water.
zSbOpMW.jpg

Hello Sahara,
Great staging, your Praetorian guard works very well with your other romans troops:salute::
Congratulations!
Cheers
Xavier

Thanks for the nice comments Mike, Michael, Joe and Xavier. I always enjoy setting these displays up. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back