"The Zulu War" (5 Viewers)

Thanks Martyn. The hand to hand fighting contiunes to take it's toll on both sides.

3013.jpg

Joe: Great scenes and photos- you have terrific talents.

Sure would have helped on that faithfull day Martyn if they had one or two of these on hand. Left the show with a crew to man it thanks to The Scarlet Pimpernal of Crown Toy Soldiers....The Lt.

011-17.jpg

010-21.jpg

Sure would have helped on that faithfull day Martyn if they had one or two of these on hand. Left the show with a crew to man it thanks to The Scarlet Pimpernal of Crown Toy Soldiers....The Lt.

011-17.jpg

010-21.jpg

Excellent pictures Joe:salute:::salute:::salute::

The Gatling definitely made it’s mark at Gingindlovu and Ulundi ;)

Cheers mate

Martyn:)

A Company of the 1/24 under the Command of Lieutenant Porteous face off against the Advancing Zulus as the Zulus take on heavy caualties. The figures in the photos are from Trophy of Wales, Little Legion, and a painted figure from Tradition.......The Lt.

Joe

From first to last (for now) this has been brilliant, thanks for all the effort, you have really entertained us.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin as always your comments mean alot to me. Michael I'm sure you'll agree it's a great little set to play with an photograph and Martyn this may have been a scene that took place at Gingindlovu.

001-20.jpg

Thanks Kevin as always your comments mean alot to me. Michael I'm sure you'll agree it's a great little set to play with an photograph and Martyn this may have been a scene that took place at Gingindlovu.

001-20.jpg

Could well be Joe, supporting the 3rd "The Buffs" by the looks of things {bravo}}

Cheers mate

NATAL LIGHT HORSE

First saw action in May 1879, commanded by Capt. W. Whalley ex. 17th Lancers
The core of the unit was drawn from the Frontier Light Horse and at one time comprised of 138 men, their largest action was at the Battle of Ulundi on July 4th 1879. As the original troopers were drawn from the FLH there uniform was heavily influenced by that of the FLH. Along with Martini-Henry and Snider carbines many men carried sabres and revolvers

Set# ZS22/V – NATAL LIGHT HORSE

NATALLIGHTHORSE.jpg

NATALLIGHTHORSEB.jpg

Cheers

Love the set Martyn an providing additional coverage and fire power are members of the Naval Brigade.

1008-12.jpg

Love the set Martyn an providing additional coverage and fire power are members of the Naval Brigade.

1008-12.jpg

Looks like they arrived with the Gatling just in time Joe {bravo}}

Cheers mate

Thank you Martyn as the Naval Gatling Gun takes it's toll of on rushing Zulu Warriors

1014-8.jpg

2006-1.jpg

1009.jpg

2010-3.jpg

1010.jpg

1013-9.jpg

Sure does the trick Joe:wink2:

Cheers mate

Very nice indeed, the sets laid as they are and the angle of the picture provides a sense of movement to the warriors and the sailors that you can actually imagine the gatling gun in action bring the mass of warriors to a stop....

KICKING OFF THE NEW YEAR WITH MY CONTE AND WBRITAIN ZULU WAR FIGURES AND SETS AS MEMBERS OF THE 1ST BATTALION 24TH REGIMENT OF FOOT ARE FEATURED MAKING THIER LAST STAND ON THE FIELD OF ISANDLWANA THAT FAITHFUL DAY OF JANUARY 22ND 1879.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AS WE ENTER THE LAND OF THE ZULUS IN 2012...............THE LT.

1012-6.jpg

1013-4.jpg

1015-4.jpg

1017-3.jpg

1021-1.jpg

1023-1.jpg

1025.jpg

1026-1.jpg

1028-1.jpg

1029.jpg

I knew it, I knew it......starting of the 2012 with some great pictures Joe {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back