"The Zulu War" (3 Viewers)

Great shot Joe!!! I love those Matte figures, your gloss set ups were nice but to me the Matte figures just look so much more realistic and make the scene come to life. Great job!!!:cool:

Great shot Joe!!! I love those Matte figures, your gloss set ups were nice but to me the Matte figures just look so much more realistic and make the scene come to life. Great job!!!:cool:

Must agree Tim that the matte figures do make it very realistic but don't have the luxury of owning as many metal matte figures as I do of glossy but they can depitic a battle as well as matte.....The Lt.

That's Right, Joe

I've got probably 100 to 1 gloss over matte(About 50 mate) . Just remember that those glossies are probably $$$!. Mike:rolleyes:

No give and take is being given as the fighting continues on in close quaters...The Lt.

022.jpg

The Zulus are relentless in their determination to wash their spears....The Lt.

025.jpg

The odds are over whelming with no chance of surviving the Zulu onslaught....The Lt.

028.jpg

The new WB matt have convinced me that AZW can be done well in matt. Like a lot of guys here my AZW collection was all gloss Trophy, Little Legion some of teh old WB sets. So I thought to myself should I start a matt line. But now I am convinced. Those are as always Joe great pictures. WB however still have a ling way to go to build up the depth of figures that LL and Trophy did. They need camp scenes, cavalry, artillery, ox wagons and lots of Zulus. It sounds like they are on the right track and I look forward to building up a collection of matt figures. The two Frontline wagons are also really good.
Damian

And the struggle continues with no chance of the redcoats surviving.....The Lt.

024.jpg

Lt.
I noticed that this Zulu War thread you started has almost 20,000 hits on it. You're doing wonders for keeping the memories alive! Mike

Now if I can get some of my guys out without knocking them over.:eek:

Attachments

• collection2 049.jpg
    collection2 049.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 130
Thanks. I tried to place the artillery in one Cabinet and in the nearest on I tried to place the 1st kings Royal Dragoons on top, 17th Lancer in the middle and various command, staff and remf on the bottom. Dididn't work like planned. You should see my cabinet of Natal Native Contingent and Colonials... If anybody got pregnant in there we would'nt know who the father is! Mike

I love them too, just can't find them anymore. IKEA changes their product lines too quickly. Too bad... I'll have to build a glass garage like Cameron's dad had in Ferris Beulller's Day Off! Mike

Looks like your preparing and planning the second invasion of Zulu Land with the mass of troops you've got on hand. Sure could us the help now......The Lt.

Now if I can get some of my guys out without knocking them over.:eek:

That is a cool display. Like I have said before there is a definite benefit to focusing a colelction. Please could you post some other views of the collection. I don't recognize all the figures so a few labels would really be great.
Regards
Damian

This Natal Mounted Policeman isn't fairing any better......The Lt.

005-27.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back