"The Zulu War" (2 Viewers)

In early January 1879 after a miserable Christmas in Natal, rating from the HMS Active man the Gatling on the top redoubt at Ft. Pearson. Ft. Pearson was on the Natal side of the Tulega River across from Zululand. The invasion is set for less than a week, and everyone's jittery! The Naval Brigade from Active had been groundpounding around Natal and the Frontier for many months prior, and eagerly wait for their comrades from HMS Tenedos to arrive. It's about time someone else wait for the ghosts in the night! Mike

Attachments

• collection3 033.jpg
    collection3 033.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 367
  • collection3 035.jpg
    collection3 035.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 445
  • collection3 036.jpg
    collection3 036.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 345
Here's another JG set-up to entice the stragglers down Devil's Pass at Hlbolane Mike

Attachments

• small.JPG
    small.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 484
It's great seeing you adding your battle scenes to the thread and looking forward to your continuing to do so Mike. By the way who made the figure of the individual kneeling with the rifle wearing the cap by channce is it a Trophy figure it sure looks like Trophy's Schiess wearing a cap great micx of figures.

Now returning to Isandlawana with the 24th and others continuiing to make it's last stand.

LL013.jpg

Lt,
All the FLH are from Little Legion. The tropper in question is suppossed to be taking cover behind his prone horse, but apparantly has ventured out for better target opportunities! Mike

Never saw the naval battery before 1879. lt, great close up pics.
It would seem my WB stuff is finally on it's way (probably a week or so) and I'm making preparations for my return to the blood-soaked fields of glory. How poetic.

Joachim,
The Gatling gun and all the crew (minus shorty in the front ) are Mountford Miniatures factory painted. Waiting for your deployment onto the field of battle! Mike

Like the Naval crew and the JG piece too.
Heres my contribution to this thread. I painted x 3 Zulu metal kits a while ago.
Small display on one of the shelves. The MASSES are stored away, waiting to be unleashed come January.zulu6.jpg
Have another 20 or so Metal Zulus. still gathering dust and begging to be finished.

FUB

Heres my contribution to this thread. I painted x 3 Zulu metal kits a while ago.
Small display on one of the shelves. The MASSES are stored away, waiting to be unleashed come January.View attachment 18810
Have another 20 or so Metal Zulus. still gathering dust and begging to be finished.

FUB

FUB,
I'd be honored to say I painted those!. They came out top-quality. They look like store-bought Frontline . Mike

Small display on one of the shelves. The MASSES are stored away, waiting to be unleashed come January.View attachment 18810

FUB

Ya need to dust them off Harold and get them done and there's no doubt that once again your magic brush will bring them to Life.....The Lt.

FUB

Who made those Fub? Nice painting! Flocking the bases really helps when it comes to covering them up. Looks better than paint. I get tired of painting around the feet. Still do and I am still careful but I like the look better. I use plastic snow too for the winter figures.

A rare photo of one of the 1/24th "no boy recruits but warworn matured men, mostly with beards is 1313 Colour-Sergeant Thomas Cooper featured fighting along side of members of H Company killed at Isandlwana on that faithful day of 22 January 1879...........The Lt.

5j7tocs-20080816043236.jpg

My lord general and Joachim the Zulu figures are by Hinchliffe and not Frontline and once again Harold very nicely done. Thanks MM1955 for sending along the help.

Now returning to Isandlwana in Living Color

018-2.jpg

Appearing in the Enlish Press a 17th Lancer is caught on camera dispatching a Zulu Warrior.........The Lt.

a659z76u-20080820115635.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back